Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

The Sun today

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]If we did go for him I''d have thought we''d want Hull to subsidise his considerable wages - not take him on a permanent deal?[/quote],

Not sure what to make of this one, could it be a wind up for the Binners, Can''t see how he would fit in with PL''s plans,  

I hope not, I really don''t like him. He''s an ok player, but aging and I think we could spend that money more wisely.

Are we really going to even bother entering into discussion about a story from the same paper that suggested Lambert was off to West Ham and that we were going into administration...?

Not the most reliable of papers. I would love him to come but cannot see us paying other than a nominal fee for him. Hull are desperate to get him off their books ar £45 000 a week and i guess we would only be willing to pay about a third of that. Also at 32 and injury prone we would be wise to only off offer a 1 to 2 year contract

I like all the people saying he is an OK player. Bullard is pure quality, during the derby he looked the only player who could possibly hurt us. He didnt because obviously you cant do it all on your own, but his goal was pure class.

I thinkhe would be a major asset to the side. Comes across as a nice bloke with a sense of humour in the media. Also at 32 he wont be able to command his normal salary. I would imagine a minimal basic with substantial rewards for appearances, goals etc. He also has premier league experience.

At 32 he is reaching the later stages of his career and could pass on lots of that experience to the likes of Korey Smith, Tom Adeyemi and even Andrew Surman.

Plus it would seriously pee the binners off which would make me smile every day.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I like all the people saying he is an OK player. Bullard is pure quality, during the derby he looked the only player who could possibly hurt us. He didnt because obviously you cant do it all on your own, but his goal was pure class. I thinkhe would be a major asset to the side. Comes across as a nice bloke with a sense of humour in the media. Also at 32 he wont be able to command his normal salary. I would imagine a minimal basic with substantial rewards for appearances, goals etc. He also has premier league experience. At 32 he is reaching the later stages of his career and could pass on lots of that experience to the likes of Korey Smith, Tom Adeyemi and even Andrew Surman. Plus it would seriously pee the binners off which would make me smile every day.[/quote]

SSN have got it now in transfer news headlines

pete_norw wrote: SSN have got it now in transfer news headlines

This would be the same SSN that reported in a breaking newsflash that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was set to be appointed as Norwich manager, hours before Lambert signed...

We''re not taking any of this seriously, are we?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

pete_norw wrote: SSN have got it now in transfer news headlines

This would be the same SSN that reported in a breaking newsflash that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was set to be appointed as Norwich manager, hours before Lambert signed...

We''re not taking any of this seriously, are we?

[/quote]

Hang on its in Football Rumours, thats where they got it from, Panic over folks, we can take the tin hats off now  

''Norwich are set to make a £1.5 million offer for

Town loanee Jimmy Bullard, according to a number of this morning’s

tabloids. Bullard is said to have issued a ‘come and get me plea’,

although the quotes attributed to the Hull City midfielder are the comments he made on Saturday’s Soccer AM taken out of context. Bullard enjoyed a hugely successful loan

spell with the Blues during the final few months of the season, winning

the club’s Player of the Year award.

Town

are keen to sign the 32-year-old on a permanent basis but with two

years remaining on his £45,000-a-week contract at the KC Stadium,

manager Paul Jewell has admitted that it would be a difficult deal for the club to do.

Premier League QPR, Wigan and more recently Norwich have also been linked, along with newly-relegated West Ham.''

From TWTD.

He still has a couple of years on his Hull contract so hes not going to be taking a wage cut. The only way he is leaving Hull is for free + Hull paying about half his wages.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Are we really going to even bother entering into discussion about a story from the same paper that suggested Lambert was off to West Ham and that we were going into administration...?

[/quote]

That and the fact that in the In''s and Out''s on the website, we have apparently release a "Ryan Oakley". Anyone heard of him!?

[quote user="peter2704"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

That and the fact that in the In''s and Out''s on the website, we have apparently release a "Ryan Oakley". Anyone heard of him!?[/quote]Right winger from our under 18''s. [Y]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="peter2704"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

That and the fact that in the In''s and Out''s on the website, we have apparently release a "Ryan Oakley". Anyone heard of him!?[/quote]Right winger from our under 18''s. [Y][/quote]

Ah, thanks for that. No mention of the 3 players released from the first team squad on there though!

Regardless of what you think of the Sun (and actually they are normally pretty accurate when it comes to football) I have heard a while ago from a reliable source that I trust that we are interested in Bullard. I also cannot believe that negativity on here about us signing a player who is an established top flight midfielder and who was the best player on the pitch (and pretty much their only player who showed any kind of passion) when we thrashed the sc*m at Portman Road despite being on the (heavily) losing team. The only question mark over him would be his injury record and whether he is prepared to agree to sensible wages but if he wants to play football as he suggests then I suspect that can be got around though a signing on fee and any wages being in part based on how much he plays.

People are quick to dismiss rumours on the basis that players "do not fit Lambert''s mould of young and hungry" but he will be hungry to show he can still do it at the top level and the fact is that the fact he mainly wants young and hungry players does not mean Lambert won''t buy the odd player here or there that breaks that mould if he thinks they offer us something we haven''t got already. In this case that would be a bit of premiership knowhow and experience in the midfield area. From what i''ve seen of him on tv he also appears to be a decent character.

Finally just think how much it will annoy the sc*m if we sign him!

So yes it would be a risk but I think there is something in this and personally I think it would be a very good signing

Have to admit though, He can find the net from outside that box, if he gets a chance from around that area, the one he scored against us was in all fairness the goal of the match, and think this is the one that got him player of the season lol 

I''d be a happy fan if we signed Bullard, but only if he takes a drop in wages. Yes he''s a good player, but how he can demand such big wages, I just don''t know.

I''d be happy if we got him for the reported £1.5m. Wages though would need to be looked at and kept in line with our other players.

We don''t want someone like Bullard coming in on big wages and upsetting our other loyal players who will undoubtably be on lower salaries.

Not sure how I feel about this. He has experience and would potentially take a wage cut. But if we get relegated we can;t afford anyone that''s on anywhere between 25-30,000 a week. It''d cripple us and stop us buying anyone if people did leave. Also, who would want to buy a 33 year old Jimmy Bullard off us?

There''s no doubt that Bullard is a good player but to suggest he was the best player on the pitch when we beat them 5-1 at Portaloo is stretching it. He must have had about a dozen shots from outside the box and scored one. We played through our team and scored five. The question I would ask is if he is committed and a decent character, which is how he comes across, then how come he was playing in a team of no-hopers last season? It really does smack as "best that he could get" to me.

"Regardless of what you think of the Sun (and actually they are normally pretty accurate when it comes to football)"

What absolute nonsense - the same nonsense you posted up to defend the ''15 points deduction from QPR'' back page headlines.

The sun is pretty worthless. It''s football sources come from ''borrowing'' stuff from others. It is a measure of it''s stupidity (and it''s readers) that it would put up such stuff as this.

As to newspaper sources how come Lambert stated that we had tried to sign Vaughan in January and yet not one of these ''pretty accurate'' sources had not a sniff off it ?

[quote user="City1st"]"Regardless of what you think of the Sun (and actually they are normally pretty accurate when it comes to football)" What absolute nonsense - the same nonsense you posted up to defend the ''15 points deduction from QPR'' back page headlines. The sun is pretty worthless. It''s football sources come from ''borrowing'' stuff from others. It is a measure of it''s stupidity (and it''s readers) that it would put up such stuff as this. As to newspaper sources how come Lambert stated that we had tried to sign Vaughan in January and yet not one of these ''pretty accurate'' sources had not a sniff off it ?[/quote]

I never posted anything to defend the Sun over the QPR points deduction headlines. I still think though that their football reporters are usually pretty clued up when it comes to stories and most of the main stories (as opposed to the little two liners) are pretty accurate.

The Mirror seems to be the one that gets most stuff about us right and they linked Vaughan and Bullard in the same story last week.

Totally agree with both your posts Jim.

Obviously we are all interested in rumours, it gets us through the close season but if Lambo agrees a suitable package with Bullard (and Mc Nasty is not daft) then I would love to seem him at the club.

Who was it who once said ''in Lambo we trust''?