Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

If you were Jimmy Bullard what would you do?

Interesting dilema for the guy. He seems pretty bright and negotiates his own deals not using an agent. He is currently on a deal with Hull from their premiership days of a reported £45 000 a week for the next 2 years that will take him to the age of 34 which given his injuries in the past will be on or around the end of his career. He could gross £4.6m over this period by just going out on loan as Hull cannot afford him any more.

On the other hand players love to play especially in the top flight and even in a cut price deal of say £15000 a week for 2 years could still pull in £1.5 m during that period with another club eg Norwich.

I suspect that already after years in the premiership he is not short of a few bob, so it boils down to what does he want to do with the last 2 years or so of his playing career. What would you do in his shoes

If I was him, I''d get Hull to loan me to Norwich, who will pay a percentage of my wages, with Hull also chipping in, so I get as near to my 45k a week as I can.

Well unlike most players he has managed to get himself a cracking financial deal without paying a fair old percentage to agents seems pretty bright thing to do in my book

Thing is, he would be in competition with a younger and potentially better player in Hoolahan, so wouldn''t be guaranteed first team football based on his reputation (not Lambert''s way).

Still think there are better, younger players out there and on lower wages too...

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I am not so sure it would be Hoolahan he would be competing with if we got him, for me Fox would be the onw fighting with him for a spot[/quote]

Aye. Bullards a Pirlo/Fox type. Hardly moves around just stands in the middle pinging one touch passes and getting the play going. I believe the Eyetalyun Footbalista''s call this a ''Regista''.

Me, I call it the ''Pingy Crab Role''. He looked a top class Pingy Crab in the 0-2 Hull game early in the season.

I''d think about the glory of playing in front of full houses in the premier league again, for about 10 seconds.

Then I''d remind myself of the two or three million that it would cost me and that my prospects of earning even a tenth of this in the future were non-existent and tell myself not to be so damned stupid!

I''d like it think I''d want to play more than earn lots. But to be honest I wouldn''t, football careers are short and the more money you can build up the better the next 40-50 years of your life, and the lives of your family, will be. To be honest he shouldn''t even have to consider taking a wage cut, Hull agreed to the terms of his contract, no one put a gun to their heads.

He''ll make a great agent once his playing days are done.

[quote user="Mahogany"] Hull agreed to the terms of his contract, no one put a gun to their heads. [/quote]you clearly havent spent a day in Hull have you?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mahogany"] Hull agreed to the terms of his contract, no one put a gun to their heads. [/quote]

you clearly havent spent a day in Hull have you?
[/quote]

nice one ! 

but at least he''s not a Yorkshire man at heart - else he''d cause disruption in the dressing room - constantly reminding the other player''s he''s from Yorkshire and how much better Yorkshire is than the rest of the world, and how in Yorkshire they say what they like and like what they say etc..

(sorry, this is a harmless dig at Yorkshire only said to annoy my friends from upt''north - i was born in Suffolk so can hardly talk.. really it''s a struggle)

If I were Jimmy Bullard, I''d go down to the bank, and ask for all of the money in my accounts to be handed over to me in 2ps.  Then I''d go down Yarmouth seafront, with my massive bag full of 2ps, and clean out all of the 2p machines of their novelty toys.  Once I''d done that, I''d buy a load of doughnuts, sit on the pier, and eat them until I felt really bloated.And then I''d have a haircut.

I''d ring that nice chap in charge of 1p5wich (Mr Clegg) and say that I''d be happy to sign for them for a reasonable fee and salary as long as they made a big press announcement about me signing and arrange a huge press conference...Then I''d go and sign for Norwich at the time I was due at 1p5wich. [:)]