Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

3rd Morison bid turned down

Yeah i think that too. We should knock that one on the head. I think Millwall are getting greedy and I think we risk paying well over the odds if we persevere.

You beat me to it...

Lambert is obviously very keen! but if he is going to be back up for Holt where does that leave wilbraham?

Also why would you want to pay over £2.5m for a back up?

Surely there are other areas that need strength

But we don''t know what the bid amounts to? He may want to come here more than anywhere else, but Millwall won''t care about that - they''ll just want the highest cash.

Back up for Holt maybe or maybe Lambert does not feel Holt and Jackson will be up to the higher level , its going to be so much harder than the Championship . We could do with at least one striker proven at that level imo .

Walk away, i think we are being fairly tight but we dont want to go chucking cash around.

Clubs know we have got some dosh to spend and each and every club wants to squeeze as much out as possible. Tell them to go forth and multiply!

[quote user="natncfc"]Walk away, i think we are being fairly tight but we dont want to go chucking cash around. Clubs know we have got some dosh to spend and each and every club wants to squeeze as much out as possible. Tell them to go forth and multiply![/quote]

A repeat of the CMS SARGA walk away now

I just posted that we should walk away too, but thinking about it, knowing Lambert he won''t splurge money on someone he doesn''t believe in. If we end up bringing in Morison for about £3.5m - yes it will be expensive, but if Lambert thinks it''s worth it, then it''s worth it.

This is a game of brinkmanship and you cannot blame Millwall. That said we in the context of staying up or not what is £1m between friends. Obviously if we were still in the championship then that amount would be a lot of cash. I cannot think of too many other players that are roughly a like for like for Holt plus Morison is 3 years younger. There were many times this season when Holt needed and deserved a break but we had no credible option.Holt would be my first choice with Morison on the bench if we needed to go direct. Plus with injuries and suspensions he would get games anyway. Millwall have to pay 25% of the profit to Stevenage which partially explains their stance. CMS is a totally different type of player and QPR seem intersested in him as well.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I just posted that we should walk away too, but thinking about it, knowing Lambert he won''t splurge money on someone he doesn''t believe in. If we end up bringing in Morison for about £3.5m - yes it will be expensive, but if Lambert thinks it''s worth it, then it''s worth it.[/quote]

Trouble is we aint used to dealing in this kind of cash are we?!! I really dont know what he is worth nowadays. The market is so inflated.

We aren''t used to dealing in this sort of cash, quite right, but we have to if we are going to give ourselves any chance of staying in the Prem.

I agree with you, but I read On ESPN that they want near to £3 Million for him!!!

[quote user="Ncfc"]Back up for Holt maybe or maybe Lambert does not feel Holt and Jackson will be up to the higher level , its going to be so much harder than the Championship . We could do with at least one striker proven at that level imo .[/quote]If Holt isn''t up to the Premier League, then I fail to see how Morison would be.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Ncfc"]Back up for Holt maybe or maybe Lambert does not feel Holt and Jackson will be up to the higher level , its going to be so much harder than the Championship . We could do with at least one striker proven at that level imo .[/quote]If Holt isn''t up to the Premier League, then I fail to see how Morison would be.[/quote]Thats why i said we could do with at least one striker who is proven at the level , too many question marks about the strikers already at the club and the ones we are linked to at Premiership level . Look how Jackson struggled last season untill the last month or so and the jump in class is going to be much higher this time.

Totally agree with all that''s being said. However, there is another scenario...... with McNally increasing the bid by a small margin implies we are still interested, and whilst everyone is getting excited about this prospect, DM & PL are quietly concluding the business for another gem - and keeping it out of the limelight

You could argue that it is in our interests to keep both Millwall and Peterborough thinking we have other options and it may well be that both CMS and Morrison are on Lambert''s list and he has no real strong preference as to which one we get. or it may be we are after both.

Personally I think one of them will end up at QPR and one will end up with us. which was round it will be is anyone''s guess though!

Well it is all very exciting.

I do think that these two players would make a very strong striking line up eager to impress in the prem and actually really make a mark.

Holt, Vaughan, Morrison, CMS and Jackson would be a very good five. We are going to get injuries and suspensions so in the 25, these five would be brilliant. Also I am worried that Jacksons low confidence he had until March could happen again and that is something we and he can ill-afford.

Yes it puts out a number of stikers on our books, think we all have mentioned wilby, o. johnson and cody maybe being surplus. But possibly C. Martin could be in that category if we acquired these other players. Even though I am a fan there would not be a spot for him in a 25 man squad, but of course the squad is re-evaluated again in Jan. So with injuries etc he could come back in, so a good 6 month loan would be ideal.

I agree with some of the posts, we od need prem experience, but I certainly feel that in defence and in midfield these are the areas where we will acquire those with that experience. Or like Whittingham, Lansbury and Vaughan, being on the books of prem clubs from a young age they are ready to step it up and play full time.

So again exciting times where everyday keeps you on edge, much more than the season.

I would go up to 3.5 million for him, most of that with the usual add ons. Failing that, I would go for Maynard. Would love both, but I''m greedy.

As other people have said, Milwall have to pay 25% of any fee to Stevenage, so its understandable they are driving a hard bargain for someone with a decent amount left on his contract.  If they sold for only £2mil, they would only actually get £1.5mil for him!

I can see us going back for him, it definitely seems like we are very keen on him

we offered 1.8m plus add ons for him but are still miles apart according to their chairman, move on i say, maynard was my no1 target but would cost at least 4-5m

I say get both Morison and Mackail-Smith...a pool of strikers of these 2 plus Holt and Vaughan would ensure that should the worst happen and we get relegated that we will have the best strkeforce n the championship and the start of the 2012/13 campaign !!!

I think we will get one or the other between CMS and Morison and personally I would prefer Morison.  However what worries me is that we could end up paying a big amount for someone who is very inexperienced at Championship level let alone premier league level.  It''s not that I don''t want to buy unproven players like these but we could end up paying quite a lot for someone who isn''t very good.  I think we will definitely someone a bit experienced at top flight level but if there is one position in which I think it matter less then that is the stikers as I would much rather have an experienced midfielder or centre back.

I would say go for 2 million max on each player otherwise I think its too much of a gamble.

what is encouraning is that both of these players , Morison last week and Makail-Smith in March handed transfer requests in when they heard our bids were turned down, aswell as of course Elliot Bennet back in January. If nothing else this clearly shows that we are a club that people want to come and join ?!?!