Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Does anyone else think CMS/Morison is just a smokescreen?

With Vaughan in I don''t think CMS will be arriving as he is a similar sort of player, and we already have Jacko in that mould.

Morison, we keep low-balling Millwall''s figures - We have put 3 bids in, with what sounds like only marginal increases, knowing they will be turned down, but keeping the manager of our real target aware we are pursuing other options.

Personally, I would not be at all surprised to se ea certain Mr Vokes walk back through the Carrow Road doors, and I would welcome him here, probably over Morison to be honest.

No inside info or any of that nonsense. Tin hat firmly on.

Thoughts?

I would be disappointed if Vokes came. I know his opportunities were limited but he did not impress that much and the Wolves forward line is not exactly awe inspiring and he cannot get into that. I think Lambert wants Morison the question is how much will the club be willing to go up to, at the moment the gap seems quite wide between what Millwall want and what we are offering. Morison must be finished at Millwall though just a question of if others will come in as well. I have always thought the CMS deal is dead. PL revealed that he tried to get Vaughan in January at the same time as CMS. They are too simular. Not sure which one would have ben Pls first choice but cannot see both coming

Its pretty clear we are in for Morison , CMS however could just be speculation as we were after him before , would be rather surprised if we signed both after bagging Vaughn already . Vokes not to sure about him dont think he has an awful lot of goals in his locker .

What interests me is that there doesn''t appear to be anyone else racing for Morison''s signature. I watched him closely in the home nations games and he did a good job getting some tricky balls back into the box via feet and head, but didn''t strike me as an out and out striker like Mackail-Smith, more a forward that helps get goals rather than the scorer himself. I *think* many of his goals this season have come by the way of the penalty spot rather than through open play, but maybe wrong. Lambert knows what he''s doing, but it does seem funny that there doesn''t appear to be a host of clubs clamouring for his signature...

So our bids for one of the most wanted strikers in League One and our bids for Morrison are just a smoke screens so we can bring in Sam Vokes?

I had to laugh.

Possibly but not for Vokes!

Holt was more of a threat than Vokes was even when he was playing with the hamstring injury he picked up against Watford!

If we are too make a success of next season, EG, above the bottom 3, we will need better players than Vokes!

Anyway we''ve already got a Vokes like player in Wilbraham!

Maybe we''re putting in bids for both Morison and CMS to remind Barry Fry that although we really want CMS, we can go elsehwere (Morison) if Fry "gazumps" us at the last minute as he did in March.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Daily Mail says we are set to complete CMS deal when he gets back from holiday for £3 million .[/quote]must be true then!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Why would we use it as a smokescreen? When has Lambert ever ''done'' a smoke screen before??[/quote]

Speculation surrounding James Vaughan wasn''t exactly rife was it ''nana?

I wouldn''t be at all surprised if Lambert pulled a signing out of the hat that yet again has hardly been mentioned on here, or within the national/local media.