Sign in to follow this  

Small point, & probably irrelevant, but Lambert said (during Vaughan interview) that he''d been misinterpreted about wanting '' young & hungry '' players. They could be an '' older lad '' he said - if they still had the desire. Just struck me as interesting, given the current speculation about Bullard.

No actually the story is Bullard set to talk to QPR today not "set to join."

Personally I think it will be bad news if he goes there as he is a very good player who will do well for them/Warnock. As I have said in previous threads I would really like to see us sign him.

Looks like QPR are basically stalking all the same targets as us this summer.

He''s a good player no doubt and if he could stay injury-free he would be an asset to any squad. But at 40k a week he''s just not worth it, and that''s not even taking into consideration how much Hull want for him.

I''d much rather bring in someone like Elliott Bennett, he might cost more but his wages would be about 1/4th and he''s likely to increase in value.

"and that''s not even taking into consideration how much Hull want for him. "

eh !

You mean how much Hull will have to cough up to get rid of him.

He is bleeding them dry with a contract of £2.25m a year for the next two and a half years. They know that anyone willing to take on that contract has them over a barrel and will offer as little as possible of that amount as they can get away with.

Would have liked him but clearly not at any price. seems to divide opinion but he is a class act when fit. Both Norwich and QPR will probably be in the bottom third scrap next season i would have liked him on our side as opposed to one of our rivals. Still as said befor Lambert has the total confidence of most supporters and if he is/was that bothered then we would give it a good go trying to get him

i think he''s a good player and as YC said, i''d rather he was in our team than playing against us but his injury proneness and wage demands would be a worry