Sign in to follow this  
Mahogany

So... 7 in?

OK so we have Vaughan and basically have Morison. Thats 2 forwards in now and Lambert has said he wants to bring in 7 players total.

Does this mean our interest in CMS is over? Looking at our squad before all these transfers started buying 3 strikers wouldn''t have been top of my list, we were top scorers in the Championship yet let in more than anyone else in the top 6. We still only have 3 cbs and 1 rb. We are 2 good players down in midfield because of Lansbury and Pacheco going back to their clubs. So by my reckoning we that means we need 4 players there, that''s before considering if we want to bring in any wingers, cover for fox, Ruddy etc.

So basically my questions are: Are we still only looking to bring in 7? Are we trying to get another forward? What positions are we looking to bring in with the remaining 4/5 spots?

Surely we will bring in another Goalie?

Well Norwich have never officially shown any interest in CMS since March just media speculation so I don''t think he will sign at all.

I reckon the other 5 are:

two CM: one Bradley Johnson (looking more and more likely) and someone in the Lansbury mould

winger - Green, Adomah, Bennett, etc.

a versatile defender who can play anywhere in defence - possibly Halford

Prem class CB

Although I think we will also need a keeper and another defensive midfielder. Basically I think we need more than seven players.

From what I can work out, on top of the 2 strikers he''ll want:

Right back cover

A holding midfielder

A winger or 2

and another centre back.

Thats 7 and i''m sure if the right player is available he''ll bring in an 8th.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

Well Norwich have never officially shown any interest in CMS since March just media speculation so I don''t think he will sign at all.

I reckon the other 5 are:

two CM: one Bradley Johnson (looking more and more likely) and someone in the Lansbury mould

winger - Green, Adomah, Bennett, etc.

a versatile defender who can play anywhere in defence - possibly Halford

Prem class CB

Although I think we will also need a keeper and another defensive midfielder. Basically I think we need more than seven players.

[/quote]

Yup, reckon that''s about right.Personally I''d like to see Lansbury & Pacheco back (rather than Johnson).And we do need a back-up experienced goalie. Bugger, that''s 8.

bristol_canary"]nobody other than paul lambert and his staff can answer that question.

That indeed is the bottomline!

Most people who think there in the know probably aren''t and that includes those who get hot gossip from employees of the club!

So, does this magic number of 7 players include loanees or not??I think it''s highly doubtful that this number of players is stringent. Unless, of course, Lambert is highly superstitious!Who knows what''ll happen but I''m quite excited! Would have liked to see CMS though if I''m honest. I hope I''m wrong, but I think he may just do quite well for his new employees.

Imo i''d have thought he''d bring in a

goalkeeper - allowing Steer and Rudd to go out on loan,

RB- cover for Martin

CB - people say we conceded lots of goals but that had as much to do with the way we go at teams than to do with being poor at the back so at a guess another one CB to bring us up to four CB''s (of course as others have suggested he might get a player who could cover both positions)

Winger - to allow us to change system, probably right sided at a guess

CM - maybe two if he gets someone versatile to play RB and CB, i''d have thought a defensive midfielder might be useful, but obviously we''ve been linked with Cardiff''s whittingham which might suggest a more attacking player.

I guess there might be a loan or two ontop of the seven he mentioned, but who knows, one thing i''m really glad of is the fact the club has changed the way it does it''s summer transfers and gets this sorted out really early.