Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Marcus Hahnemann released by Wolves

As backup and to challenge and on a free? I would say so. I remember reading somewhere that when he finished his football career he wanted to be in the UFC. Maybe he''ll do that.

Agreed.  A good cheap reliable back-up if we are sticking with Ruddy as No1.  However, if we are serious about maintaining  a Prem place I''d be tempted to go for somebody better than Ruddy

MY immediate thought when I heard he''d been released. Definitely worth a punt.

Wondering whether Luke would mind us signing another American though ;)

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Hahnemann is almost the perfect option. Experienced, can still do a job and challenge Ruddy, won''t cost a bomb, and is a good mentor for the youngsters.
[/quote]

I would add that he is probably a great character to have in the dressing-room, having seen him as a pundit on TV. 

For free, and for the experience factor, definitely! Depends what kind of wages he is on I guess

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Hahnemann is almost the perfect option. Experienced, can still do a job and challenge Ruddy, won''t cost a bomb, and is a good mentor for the youngsters.[/quote]

I would add that he is probably a great character to have in the dressing-room, having seen him as a pundit on TV. 

[/quote]That too. I think he will have a few offers though, so I wouldn''t be too hopeful of signing him.