Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

More bans in the pipeline!

Okay, I except the away fans are very loyal group of supporters and deserve some perks, but more banning?

We''ll end up looking very petty and draconian if we''re not careful. [:(]

''Offenders'' by definition are law breakers.  If something isn''t actually illegal it boils down to petty, stupid rules the club wants to make up themselves.What will it be next?  Club bans supporters from using club cabbage if they have any past police cautions etc?  If you have more than 6 points on your driving licence you are banned from buying away tickets?  Ban supports who are known to have used drugs.... **** me they won''t do that one.

Don''t be ridiculous - if a fan breaches club policy they are within their rights to ban them from the ground.

This is surely no different to the club''s policy on season ticket holders selling their seat on match days?

Equally many of us were within our rights to claim our rebate two years but elected not to.

Whilst Twittergate was entirely warranted, this seems enormously heavy-handed to mind.

I’ve got three away season tickets under my name and the Ipswich and Portsmouth stubs are now being framed to be hung in the front hall, surely you are free to do what you like with them afterwards?

If for the sake of argument I sold my framed ‘2011 Promotion’ ticket stubs for £1000 on Ebay for another supporter to cherish and admire would this warrant a ban as well?

Simply hiding behind ‘rules is rules’ is not sufficient, I’d like to know the reasoning behind it. Right at the moment the Chief Exec and Co. are beyond reproach but they won’t always be that is for sure, I’m starting to wonder if they have found the official Robert Chase Guide on Customer Care in some dusty old cupboard

Bury, selling your old season ticket stubs to frame is somewhat different to selling them for that person to be able to purchase other tickets.  Such a seller would be benefitting financially whilst providing an unfair advantage to another fan who could then purchase tickets without the ''loyalty'' element of having paid for the tickets and attending those away games.

Really struggling to understand why people don''t get this?

I think you mean Gulag.

Anyway, I see a problem with this personally, people who went to the games should be rewarded.  Not just Bob down the road who fancies going to Old Trafford now we''re in the Prem.  This was never a problem for tickets to Gillingham away in League One.

the club need to remember its a 2 way thing... they can ban for silly things like "selling used ticket stubs", but one day will ban for something they have no right to do so and will have a nice letter from S.Olicitor drop on the doorstep of Carrow road.

Those stubs on ebay are going for loads. 8 quid for one ticket stub and the like, wtf? Away games are going to be so crap next year with all the new mongs getting tickets. Look forward to sitting down in silence for 90 mins every week next year.

At the end of the day there is no point in banning or making illegal something that you cannot police. The club can do all they like to stop stubs being sold online but there is nothing they can do to stop them being traded between ''friends of friends down the pub''. It just means the most crafty people are the ones to benefit. Although the practice should be frowned upon, I don''t think it warrants a banning order in any case.

I''m with you on this one Evil. I used to be an away season ticket holder until it became hard to get the time off to attend the games. Since then I have always been able to collect 10 stubs to put me in category two. We are now going to have fans in category two who haven''t, for want of a better word, earned the right to be there.  Because of health problems I only managed 7 away games this season. I accept that and am going to take my chances. I would not be comfortable "acquiring" the other three.

Banning fans selling the stubbs is one way around the problem although it''s probably just a deterrent. The club would be much better served by checking customer records when presented with the 10 stubbs. I appreciate that some fans have tickets brought in block by others but this isn''t a huge problem to check out. And I guess some fans buy their tickets from the home club but again it''s quite easy to check. Not many fans travel from Norfolk in the hope that there will be a ticket available when they get there. It''s too risky.

I agree its probably just a deterrent, Nutty.

I''m just staggered by the lack of understanding of this issue from some on here (perhaps I shouldn''t be, after all these years).

CaptnCanary, the club aren''t legislating against this practice and making it ''illegal'', they''re just warning fans who intend or are already doing so that it is against their club policy and that any breach of that policy will be met with action.

Think of it like a code of conduct you get in a workplace.  If you worked in a shop and started swearing in front of your customers, you''d likely be disciplined or perhaps sacked as it would be against their policies they expect their staff to adhere to.  You wouldn''t be comitting a criminal act and you wouldn''t get sent to court to face further punishment, you would simply have to face whatever consequences your employer deems necessary.

The same principle applies here.  In purchasing the tickets from the club, you are entering into an agreement whereby you are expected to stick to club policy regarding those tickets. If you purchase enough away tickets and retain the stubs, you are given the benefit of being able to produce those stubs to the club in order to be placed in a priority category for purchasing tickets to high-profile games.  If you sell those stubs on to allow a third party to benefit from that instead, then you are in breach of policy and can expect to face the consequences.  It is entirely up to the club what consequences they deem suitable.

Exactly the same thing applies to the racist idiot.  The club has a policy regarding racism which he broke by making remarks about one of the club''s employees, thus leading to his ban.  In this instance, he has also potentially broken the law, which has necessitated investigation by Norfolk police.

At the same time, however, it is unlikely the club will apply such a policy without first taking legal advice to ensure that they are not in breach of consumer rights acts in the process.

Now I''m no legal expert but this, to me, just seems like the common sense interpretation of the matter.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Jeez, its becoming more like Stalag Carrow Road atm. Someone has too much power imo.

[/quote]And with all these threads being pulled on here........

Stevan Phillips anyone?

I''ve always wondered why he was on the board! [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Jeez, its becoming more like Stalag Carrow Road atm. Someone has too much power imo.

Stevan Phillips anyone?

[/quote]

Woah there mate, I''d retract that pronto if I was you, he''s a board member don''t you know. [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Stevan Phillips anyone?

[/quote]

Woah there mate, I''d retract that pronto if I was you, he''s a board member don''t you know. [;)]

[/quote]Guess you''re right Wiz. With the club threatening bans and Pete threatening bans, it''s surely a coincidence. Innit? [:^)]

Not sure what a Norwich City board member has got to do with this messageboard. The warning was put out as the situation here was getting ridiculous.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not sure what a Norwich City board member has got to do with this messageboard. The warning was put out as the situation here was getting ridiculous.[/quote]Trouble is now Pete legitimate questions won''t be asked because the answers will be deemed ''unacceptable''.I thought you played it very well on the whole, but censorship of controversial opinion is a slippery slope and will lead to a very bland place to visit.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not sure what a Norwich City board member has got to do with this messageboard. The warning was put out as the situation here was getting ridiculous.[/quote]Trouble is now Pete legitimate questions won''t be asked because the answers will be deemed ''unacceptable''.I thought you played it very well on the whole, but censorship of controversial opinion is a slippery slope and will lead to a very bland place to visit.[/quote]Controversial opinion by all means, but without making it personal or throwing around insults. Hopefully not too much to ask for is it?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Don''t be ridiculous - if a fan breaches club policy they are within their rights to ban them from the ground.

This is surely no different to the club''s policy on season ticket holders selling their seat on match days?

[/quote]Yes of course they have,  but selling ticket stubs ffs. What''s the difference when some fans sell their season ticket for a match.  We all know that happens.  Should we round all those up and ban them?  If the club wants to get heavy handed they should start from within as I know for a fact ''compy'' tickets have been sold on in the past.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not sure what a Norwich City board member has got to do with this messageboard. The warning was put out as the situation here was getting ridiculous.[/quote]Trouble is now Pete legitimate questions won''t be asked because the answers will be deemed ''unacceptable''.I thought you played it very well on the whole, but censorship of controversial opinion is a slippery slope and will lead to a very bland place to visit.[/quote]Controversial opinion by all means, but without making it personal or throwing around insults. Hopefully not too much to ask for is it?[/quote]Well... if controversial opinion attracts personal insults, it''s not the fault of the poster who expressed it is it? Should it then be pulled? If that is the case then only the party line will be heard.No-one has taken more flak than me over the years, yet you don''t hear me belly aching about it. It''s all part and parcel of making a stand in life and those who can''t hack it should look away.Still... I''m a mere bird, so what do I know?

[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"]''Offenders'' by definition are law breakers.  If something isn''t actually illegal it boils down to petty, stupid rules the club wants to make up themselves.
What will it be next?  Club bans supporters from using club cabbage if they have any past police cautions etc?  If you have more than 6 points on your driving licence you are banned from buying away tickets?  Ban supports who are known to have used drugs.... **** me they won''t do that one.
[/quote] only one definition, another is to break a commonly accepted rule or principle, which i suppose would cover this situation.

Interesting exchange of opinions from Pete and Nora. Trouble is that many posts have been deleted and the common denominator wasn''t personal insults. I have been on the receiving end of personal insults, like Nora, ever since I joined this board. This was not because other posters didn''t personally like me. It was because they didn''t like my posts and stand point which is often at odds with the loudest noise on this board. I have never complained to a moderator preferring to handle things my own way.

Personal insults, rightly or wrongly, have been common place on here for the past five years. As have inflammatory attacks on Norwich City''s managers and owners. None of it ever deleted.  I rather suspect some of the stuff that''s been deleted over the last few weeks has been because it was brought to the moderators attention giving him little choice in the matter.

The upshot of all this has been threads from posters complaining about me and others by name because of Pete''s warning. Now I have never received an email about an abusive post or in fact any post of mine. The only one I ever received was to say a thread I started was removed because of NCISA infighting.

Unbelievably twice in one post I will agree with Nora. You won''t see me running to the report button or the Mods. But I will post my opinion on here, regardless of please or offend, as I always have. And if any of that is construed as a personal insult so be it.

What exactly are NCFC rules regarding re-sale of tickets, used or not ?As we''ve only just reached '' the land of milk and honey '' I doubt if too much thought has been but into this by the Club. Presumably there must be some intention to avoid black market sales of forthcoming matches but surely there''s nothing in the rules to say you can''t do whatever you like with spent tickets, ie, stubs ? A used ticket has no monetary value as such as the event for which it was printed is over.In a lot of ways it''s nice to see NCFC in such demand. When things were bad not too many years ago they could hardly give tickets away.........

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Stevan Phillips anyone?

[/quote]

Stephan was a board member of Archant but as far as I''m aware he is no longer with the company. There was a merger of divisions and I think he left a couple of months ago. I''ll leave you to draw your own conclusions about the suitabality of your post.