Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

Thoughts from a Millwall fan

Just like to quickly clear up that I am not the Millwall fan mentioned in the title.

However, I was speaking over the weekend with my friend who is the Millwall fan and season ticket holder, regarding James Morrison.

His opinion was that Morisson was prolific in league one, but hasn''t really set the Championship alight. Ok he''s grabbed a few goals but he genuinely didn''t believe he''d cut it in the Premiership.

He also added that if we picked him up for around a million, its not the end of the world but any more and Millwall are getting a steal.

Sort of puts you off a little when this is the opinion of someone who watches him play week in week out.

I don''t know, personally I''d rather see CMS. Although, looks like he might be going to QPR, but I guess we will see.

Anyone agree?

I just feel that Lambert is looking for backup for Holt and Morison is that type of player. Also, I dnt think we will go for CMS now as we have got Vaughan, similar type of player, plays off the front man. Over 2 million for Morison is alot, but seems like nowadays you cant get anyone good for cheap, especially strikers.

No offence to your friend, but I put more faith in Paul Lambert''s judgement than a fan''s.

If you read this messageboard, you''d think that Cody was our best striker and that Martin should be shipped out for being ''lazy''...

If only your maturity was as high as your spelling grade clearly is.

It seems your intelligence isn''t up to much either considering its not the Millwall fan typing Steve ''Morison''s name. Ha, James Morisson sorry :|

If only I were intelligent enough to be put off a player King Lambert clearly likes as someone who can''t even remember the player''s name''s friend says he isn''t very good. *Sigh* I wish....

Seeing as I''m not, I''ll stick to backing Lambo''s and NCFC''s professional scout''s judgement thanks.

In all fairness, it''s hardly a shock to hear a fan of a team that a player has turned his back on coming out with the old "he''s crap really" line.

Morison was Milwall''s leading scorer without too much support, so I think this can be filed under sour grapes, with respect.

[quote user="Beauseant"]In all fairness, it''s hardly a shock to hear a fan of a team that a player has turned his back on coming out with the old "he''s crap really" line.

Morison was Milwall''s leading scorer without too much support, so I think this can be filed under sour grapes, with respect.[/quote]Completely agree.I''ll bet when some of our star names move on some of us on here will be saying things like, " started off OK ", " didn''t really fit in here ", " he thought he was better than he is ", " only scored all those goals because XYZ was doing all the work for him ", etc, etc, etc.Funny how a different shirt changes everything......

No would take any such comments with a pinch of salt. Gillingham fans told me Simeon Jackson was useless and would not cut it in the Championship.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]No would take any such comments with a pinch of salt. Gillingham fans told me Simeon Jackson was useless and would not cut it in the Championship.[/quote]

Is he the one with the statue at Craven Cottage?

How odd, i have a few Milwall fan friends,all are season ticket holders and all say he will score goals and frighten the life out of defenders in the premier league.Oh well wait and see.