Sign in to follow this  
anonamoose

Morison AND / OR CMS ?

I know Lambert is biding for both at the moment, but do you think he will be trying to sign both if he is able to?Looks like Morison is a done deal now. Maybe 7 strikers is a bit much!?Target men: Holt, Morison, WilbrahamStrikers: Martin, Jackson, Vaughan... CMS?Wilbrham and Martin will be sidelined next season i think.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Surely Johnson and prob Cody and/or Wilbraham will not be considered this season and so there could be room for CMS[/quote]

I''d rather that CMS was not considered this season.  [:D]

For the money being quoted, we should stay clear of CMS.

Looks very rough around the edges to me, granted he''s scored a lot of goals but thats in a side that has scored 129 goals this season in the third tier. With the likes of Boyd & McCann pulling strings, his work rate and running gets him so many chances but his touch & finishing leaves a lot to be desired.

I see that Sam Baldock of MK Dons is the player Peterborough have bid for to replace CMS so you can breathe easy for a little while longer Paul [:)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]For the money being quoted, we should stay clear of CMS. Looks very rough around the edges to me, granted he''s scored a lot of goals but thats in a side that has scored 129 goals this season in the third tier. With the likes of Boyd & McCann pulling strings, his work rate and running gets him so many chances but his touch & finishing leaves a lot to be desired.[/quote]

I suspect that now that Fat Barry and his chairman have started upping the ante the CMS situation will turn into a protracted Dutch auction (again). MacAnthony''s ridiculous comment that "anywhere between 8 and 11 teams are in for him" gives you a clue, although it may just indicate that the Irish Arthur Daley can''t count into double figures.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]For the money being quoted, we should stay clear of CMS.

Looks very rough around the edges to me, granted he''s scored a lot of goals but thats in a side that has scored 129 goals this season in the third tier. With the likes of Boyd & McCann pulling strings, his work rate and running gets him so many chances but his touch & finishing leaves a lot to be desired.[/quote]Spot on... he looks woeful to me, I would much prefer Boyd or McCann if we were going to go for anybody from Peterborough.

Not anywhere is any official word that Norwich are even still wanting CMS just paper gossip and forum hearsay. There is no way out of the 7 of Lambert''s proposed targets, three of them are strikers.

It really doesn''t matter who we buy, the fact is if PL wants a player it''s down to him, IC and GK to coach the best out of them.

How many players have we signed in the last two years who people have thought ''Yes, he will definately make the grade at this level''. Andrew Surman has possibly been the only marquee signing and although good, he isn''t our best player.

Let Lambert buy the players he wants, support that player and then judge him after a run of games.