Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

I know I'm gona get shot down but........

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="CDMullins"]OP said Morison had ''one good Championship season'' - Not me. I said Bothroyd had half a good season! Correct?[/quote] Come on bothroyd is a better player then Morrison, surely you can see that?! As for nugent I still think this guy at the right club could be prolific - I''ve got a mate who''s a Preston fan and said that his attitude whilst he was there was first class, in fact model professional - where has this perception that he''s arrogant and would upset morale come from? Is it because of the banter he had with the barclay this season?[/quote]

You really must be deluded if you have that impression of Nugent. He is a washed-up, one-time big-time Charlie and the last person that we need within a million miles of our Club.

[/quote]

David Nugent as NEVER been ''prolific''

Just to follow on from what another poster said, I for one remember watching our players last season on the back of watching some midtable Premier League match, thinking to myself, our players look technically superior to them! Our team is not made up of a bunch of ''hoofballers'', and is not just down to great team spirit, there is some genuine quality there, and I really believe with a little more strength in depth, we''ll be able to go to current error prone big clubs (Arsenal) and get results just like Blackpool did. I for one respect your Liverpool''s etc, but I don''t think we should be looking up to them - We''re in the top 20 clubs in the country on merit. Seriously, I reckon most of our players are technically better than what many give them credit for, I feel our one touch slick and inventive style of football proved that last season, what a great bunch Sir Lambert has put together.

[quote user="kellybrook"]Nugent? Bothroyd?  In what universe are they "better".[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m a little concerned that the signing of Morrison will complete our stiker collection. Bar holt none fill me with confidence for goals and bar vaughan none have premiership experience. Morrison has hardly set the championship alight and there are definatley better options in Graham, Long, Nugent, bothroyd to name a few.

In not completely righting Morrison off however as he is a good player, It''s just not quite the exciting signing I''d hoped for especially at the price talked about. I was hoping we''d be signing a few from the cream of the championship.

I''m aware lots of people trust lamberts decisions, but he''s new to the premiership - are people confident players like Vaughan and Morrison are going to add enough quality to be competitive next year??[/quote][/quote]haha it says it all when Kelly Brook knows more about footy than a lot of the male City fans! [;)]

[quote user="Boyo"]

I''m very happy with our striking options now.  And if there was one area where I wasn''t worried about experince in the Premiership then its the strikers because I would much rather have an experienced midfielder or centre back.  Our strikers all have something to prove and will all give 110%, they are also all goalscorers, they might not get you 20 goals each but I''m confident that depending on how many appearences they make that they could all get 12+ (obviously not all of them get 12+ in the same season but if each one played every game then thats what I thin they would get).

When you look at our strike force it is very versitile.  You have two old fashioned battlers in Morison and Holt.  Two pacey off the shoulder players in Jackson and Vaughan and a more creative striker in Chris Martin.  When you look at it like that it is pretty good.

[/quote]Well said Boyo [Y]It may be debatable if we have one stand out striker amongst our ranks or not, but we do have a lot of potential there.  I also do not remember a time when we have had so many strikers (5 in total) within our squad who might be able to do a reasonable job at the level we are playing at.  That''s close on 30 years of me following the club and I would say during that time I have never felt confident that we have had more than 3 strikers capable of coming up with the goods at the level of football we are playing at.  Those would have been the days of Sutton, Robins and Ekoku.

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="CDMullins"]OP said Morison had ''one good Championship season'' - Not me. I said Bothroyd had half a good season! Correct?[/quote] Come on bothroyd is a better player then Morrison, surely you can see that?! As for nugent I still think this guy at the right club could be prolific - I''ve got a mate who''s a Preston fan and said that his attitude whilst he was there was first class, in fact model professional - where has this perception that he''s arrogant and would upset morale come from? Is it because of the banter he had with the barclay this season?[/quote]

Model pro?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4529341.Hampshire_footballers_in_early_morning_fight/?action=complain&cid=7887834

[/quote]

I stand corrected!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m a little concerned that the signing of Morrison will complete our stiker collection. [/quote]

ARF. Striker Collection. We don''t get one striker free with every £1000 of petrol put in the team bus.