Sign in to follow this  
Howson is now!

What would you rather?

2 strikers scoring 20 goals each or 4 strikers getting 10+ each?A lot can be said for adulation that can be felt for strikers scoring 20 goals and the belief it gives them and the team around them that they can get the team out of trouble.However, I''m of the opinion that Lambert is putting together a strikeforce that could get 40 - 50 goals between the main four of Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, and Morison.Whatever our financial situation and the position of the club I always think while it''s great to have a main striker or two getting 20+ I''d be much happier with the goals spread among all of the strikers.How do you feel?

4 strikers getting 10 plus. Good back up to have at least if Holt got injured (touch wood he doesnt) we wouldnt miss him as much as we maybe would have done last year.

Well considering 20 goals in the Premiership would makes them joint 3rd top scorers in the league only behind Tevez and Berbatov (both 21) I''d take two and sell them for a combined 50 million! (at least).

The stats are interesting on this one because very few strikers actually got 10 or more last season in the Premiership. A lot of this is due to squad rotation from the most successful teams but regardless, we''d do well to have three players getting ten or more.

However, I do agree that the strike force Lambert is putting together gives us the best possible chance of achieving these kind of goals.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Can I have 4 strikers capable of scoring 20+ each??[/quote]Haha. Sure if you''ve got the money to pay for them Dan [:D]

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Can I have 4 strikers capable of scoring 20+ each??[/quote]

Beat me to it - I was gonna suggest 4 strikers getting 80 between them! :oP

Norwich will be doing well to have 2 strikers scoring 10 goals, let alone 4. Look at the stats, most teams in the lower half only have one player with 10+ goals.

Fulham''s top scorer was Dempsey with 12 then Hangeland with 6 and they finished 8th. Everton finished 7th with a top scorer with 9 goals.

The key is to have goals from your midfielders as well as your strikers, aswell as defenders from corners.  The players we have been linked with all score a goal every 4 or 5 matches.I have a lot of hope for next season.

At the moment I think it could pan out something like this, just abit of guess work and going off prior form: Holt- 10Jackson- 8Morrison-5 Vaughn-6Hoolahan- 5Crofts- 3 Surman- 2R. Martin- 2 Think there will be a spread with maybe 1 or 2 of our forwards getting to or close to 10