Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Welsh Norwich City Strikers

Thinking about it, we seem to do quite well with Welsh strikers at Norwich. I remember Dave Phillips, Iwan Roberts and Rob Earnshaw. Any more?

Ron Davies! You must be even older than I am Purple! I know he was here but (just) before my time.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

RON DAVIES

[/quote]

The greatest centre forward in Europe according to Sir Matt!

[quote user=" Badger"]Ron Davies! You must be even older than I am Purple! I know he was here but (just) before my time.[/quote]

---

I can still see in my mind two fantastic goals (one a header, one a run and shot) he scored against Man City in a 3-3 draw. And then the sainted Geoffrey Watling sold him for a song...[;)]

The sainted Geoffrey Watling [:D]

Be you careful Purple old boy. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences on this board! Get ya hard hat on[:O][:D]

Anyway, the Ron Davies / Geoffrey Watling combination gave me my favourite "Canary Quote" : -

"If he fails his medical we''ll sack the doctor"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Be you careful Purple old boy. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences on this board! Get ya hard hat on[:O][:D]

Anyway, the Ron Davies / Geoffrey Watling combination gave me my favourite "Canary Quote" : -

My favourite City player of my time supporting the club. ''Gave'' him away for £66K about a week after Wrexham sold Wynn Davies to Newcastle for £100K. Never did understand why Wales picked Wynn before Ron when Ron was by far and away the better player.

[/quote]

[quote user=" Badger"]I remember being upset when they sold Hugh Curran a couple of years later![/quote]

I was upset over that one too Badger. Nearly in tears in fact![:''(] Ron Davies was slightly before I seriously fell in love[:$] But selling Hugh Curran was a dagger to the heart[U]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

---

As George Bush would say, bring it on! I''ll happily dispense with the hard hat. And yes, I think that is my favourite Canary quote as well.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

---

As George Bush would say, bring it on! I''ll happily dispense with the hard hat. And yes, I think that is my favourite Canary quote as well.

[/quote]

It''s between that one and Justin Fashanu''s "I don''t think we ever got Muzinic, I reckon they sent his milkman!"

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

It''s between that one and Justin Fashanu''s "I don''t think we ever got Muzinic, I reckon they sent his milkman!"

[/quote]

---

Silly me, nutty. I was forgetting my all-time fave. Robert Chase''s "If Sutton goes, I go."[;)][:P][;)]

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

My favourite City player of my time supporting the club. ''Gave'' him away for £66K about a week after Wrexham sold Wynn Davies to Newcastle for £100K. Never did understand why Wales picked Wynn before Ron when Ron was by far and away the better player.

[/quote][/quote]

Same here. Probably the main reason why I fell in love with the Club in the first place - fantastic player.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Thinking about it, we seem to do quite well with Welsh strikers at Norwich. I remember Dave Phillips, Iwan Roberts and Rob Earnshaw. Any more?
[/quote]

Phillips wasn''t a striker, he generally played on the left of midfield and occasionally at right back.