Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

so are we signing him or not?

The link below about Morrison going to QPR is concerning...i thought it was a done deal that he was coming to us?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/865051-qpr-release-eight-players-in-a-bid-to-raise-funds-for-steve-morison-bid

The Metro is given out for free - this should give you a hint to its quality. Also it is mainly read in London and not available in Norwich (to my knowledge) so will always give bias to London clubs.

Anyway the current situation is our bid has been accepted, nothing to stop QPR matching that bid.

I wouldn''t be surprised if QPR did this throughout June. Let Lambert do all the hard work negotiating the best deal possible with selling clubs and then come in with the same offer but higher wages.

Full story

Rangers are reportedly prepared to double the wages of the Lions striker in a bid to head off competition from Norwich and Rangers.

Full-back Pascal Chimbonda, experienced midfielder Gavin Mahon and Greek winger Georgias Tofas have all come off Rangers wage bill, as Warnock prepare for life in the Premier League.

Youngsters Josh Parker, Lee Brown, Joe Oastler, Elliott Cox and Romone Rose have also been shown the door.

The 62-year-old said: ‘There are some really good lads with good quality among the eight we have released. This could be just what they need to go on and kick-start their careers.’

Warnock is also expected to tell fans’ favourites Lee Cook and Martin Rowlands their futures lie elsewhere but defender Peter Ramage has been verbally offered a new deal and young midfielder Max Ehmer has agreed a one-year contract extension.

Not just from yesterday - do a search for "Morison" and it comes up dated at 08.31 yesterday. So clearly written before we officially had a bid accepted.

[quote user="Northluck C."]Not just from yesterday - do a search for "Morison" and it comes up dated at 08.31 yesterday. So clearly written before we officially had a bid accepted.[/quote]

Good news as it was listed on todays BBC gossip sections...otbc

I wouldn''t be surprised if QPR did this throughout June. Let Lambert do

all the hard work negotiating the best deal possible with selling clubs

and then come in with the same offer but higher wages.Funny that, just today a couple of my co-workers said excatly this but I hope it''s not always about money and Mr Lambert & co''s pulling power will be enough.

Hopefully Morison likes the fact we went after him in January and were interested for a while. I''d rather play for us (even without being biased) and work for PL the messiah. Got a good feeling that he''ll choose us. Only think that''s against is possibly wages and having to move from where he is. Would LOVE to steal this from under Warnock''s fat nose though..LOVE it. Especially after seeing that compilation of his goals

"Let Lambert do all the hard work negotiating the best deal possible with selling clubs and then come in with the same offer but higher wages."

What a load of old drivel.

Who is going to tell QPR what City''s offer and terms were ?

Norwich ? yep, that sounds about right !

The sellling club ? Who would have no interest whatsoever in spinning a ''slightly'' different story in regards to the offer and terms received from City.

Nope, it would be something Q[R had read on a football forum. The one sure, reliable resource for accurate reporting of transfer fees, offers, terms, add ons etc