Sign in to follow this  
mississauga_canary

Morison goal compilation

Excellent compilation, good work.

still might be premature with the "norwich''s new welsh signing".

We''ve only agreed a fee - Isnt the deal still yet to be finalised ?

Yeah I was being a bit presumptuous saying he is ours already, but i am 99% sure he will sign. I can''t see anyone else in the Prem wanting him, and it seems like we have been trying for him for a while, so with that in mind I am sure we will seal the deal by Monday at the latest.

Thanks for that. I forgot that he has quick feet and a bit of pace. The effort for Wales against Bulgaria in another clip was enlightening.

Thanks very much for that [Y]Goal vs Ipswich - amazing touch.That goal where he just loops it into the top corner, don''t know who it was against, QUALITY.Goal vs Scunthorpe where he took on a couple of their players and then tucked it away from an impossible angle, class.  He also looks to take a mean penalty.Very excited by this signing!!!

Brilliant. Cheers for that pal.

I''m a lot more excited about this signing now, power, pace, strength and he has that will to win and fight for every ball.

The thing that impressed me most was if you look at his finishing - he is clearly both-footed, without either being dominant - the two lobs he scores one with each foot and he got one with each foot from outside the area i think too. That''s a big plus for me.

[quote user="mississaugacanary"]I have created a goal compilation of Morison for those interested. I think it''s quite clear for all to see that he is Grant Holt mk2!

[/quote]

---

Jefferson Airplane - a Slick choice of music!

Thanks for posting the video mate. He has alot of great attributes that''s for sure - and some of those finishes were a hell of a lot harder to dispatch than they appeared. Agree with what most have said, as he comes into his prime and plays in a better side i.e us then I can see him being a bit of a hit at FCR.

What a fight there will be for the striker spots next season! Can''t wait!

Makes you wonder what some of our fans see in Mackail-Smith that they don''t see in Morison?  As for those who are left totally unimpressed with Morison, they just leave me speechless, what more do they want???Morison is great in the air, strong and can hold it up, he is a couple of years younger than Holty and will give him REAL competition for his place next season.  Add to that that he has more pace than Holt and can score some fantastic goals with both feet then we could''ve pulled off one fantastic signing here in my book.I am excited about having Morison, Vaughan, Holt, Jackson and Martin as our five strikers for the coming season.  I don''t ever remember a time when we have had that number of quality strikers in our squad.  Add a bit of quality to the midfield now and a bit of strength to the midfield and the defence and I think we have a squad that can take on most of what the Prem will have to offer.

thanks for the clips, it defo showcases his talents; speed, eye for goal, positioning, instinct, etc...but as I know quite a bit about him from my pals (most of ''em are Millwall due to where I live), I hope he gets stronger with his left foot and up his work-rate which I''m sure is a "nailed-on" with Lord Lambert as his gaffer. They say he''s not too active when he hasnt got the ball...I''l sure PL will put that right.

Many thanks to the OP. Seriously impressed. He looks to have the strength he''ll need in the Prem., in addition to good close control & the ability to do the unexpected. I doubt he''ll be able to outrun defences so easily though.Interesting to compare him to CMS. I watched a compilation of his goals straight afterwards, & the same things struck me as when I watched the play-off final: quick, direct, determined, but not really that strong & quite easily tackled, & generally had acres of space to run at the opposition. He won''t get that very often next season.My feeling is that Morison will score more goals in the Premiership than CMS.

Pace, strong heading ability and clinically scores goals. Now who does that remind me of that we already have on our books that we may be selling ?

Wasn''t excited by this signing AT ALL. Until I saw this video- great eye for goal. Vision is incredible and afraid to have a go. Something we might lack at the moment apart from Wes. Someone who likes to shoot on sight. We need to get as many efforts on goal as possible in the Premier League. Some of these efforts are just riciulous. One at home to Ipswich, the curling one from 25 yards against Derby and then the one at home to Sunthorpe- all brilliant goals. Very excited now.

Thanks OP for the Great Video!

If Messi had scored the goal that Morison did against Scunthorpe pundits everywhere would be wetting themselves with joy!!

Looks a better player than what I remember seeing of him & if he can do that for us along with Holt, Jackson & Vaughan, we will have one hell of a strikeforce!

Thanks for this, really appreciate the compilation. Really shows like you say that he''s a Holt type of player and that he''s a natural goal scorer.

More pace than Holt but maybe less of a handful.

the good thing about morison, holt and vaughan is there not afraid to throw their weight about and they will hunt the ball down next season and cause players like David Luiz problems if he wants it played around the back, because all three will leave a foot it (not a vicious sending off style leave their foot in) and will frighten the lives out of the defenders