Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

New seats in front of the Barclay - ruining the view

Friend of mine work''s for Carters - they are building the new seats in the ground.  Apparently they are concerned that the seats in front of the existing front row will a) be too low for those who take them up and b) obscure the view for TWO to THREE rows behind them.  Basically if you sit in the front 2-3 rows of the existing Barclay Stand or in the new rows in front you are in big trouble

Other seats are going up in front of the hotel - appraently for away supporters I''m led to believe - dont think thats an issue but not sure why they are doing that unless they can reconfigure the Jarrold stand for home supporters more effectively by doing that

as i dont have a season ticket i really dont care where i sit! front row, back row, on top of the bloody floodlights! To see the game would be all i wanted.

If seats in fron of hotel for away supporters hopefully they will only get one block of Jarrold K I think. Will not encroach Block J and we will not lose the seats set aside for keeping fans apart.

i totally agree with the lad saying he wouldnt care where he sat. i live in essex used to live in norwich and wanted to go to some matches last year i tried to get tickets for most games but was unable too so hopefully this will get sorted and we can all get to see our beloved team :)

Wouldn''t have thought there was room for another row at the front of the Barclay. The club photographers'' pit is at the front of stand A/B so I couldn''t see them putting another row smack bang behind them [:S]

="Titch.Canary"]

Wouldn''t have thought there was room for another row at the front of the Barclay. The club photographers'' pit is at the front of stand A/B so I couldn''t see them putting another row smack bang behind them [:S]

Thats what we all thought when last summers extra seats were first announced!

2 extra rows were fitted in at the front of the River End so it should be the same for the Barclay!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]If you''re silly enough to choose to sit in the front row, a poor view is your own problem.[/quote]

Can you explain why it is silly. I have had a season ticket in the front row of the Barclay for years and I love the uninterupted view and the extra leg room.

I dont want to move a row forward though as i think it will be to low, but I also dont want a row in front of me

Just never understood why people choose to actually sit there. Poor view, really bad perspective of the pitch and game. Sure, you''re closer to the action and players, but I personally don''t get the appeal.

It''s your own prerogative though, so calling you ''silly'' was perhaps a bit harsh.

I wouldn''t sit in the front row of the Barclay by choice because its difficult to get a decent perspective of the game but while demand far exceeds demand then the club know that people will buy them!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]If you''re silly enough to choose to sit in the front row, a poor view is your own problem.[/quote]

not to mention getting p......d wet through when it rains

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Fat people ruin the view wherever in the ground they sit.

And usually the toilets, too...

[/quote]How do fat people spoil the view in the toilets, EM ? Or would you rather not say ?They might block the view in the stands but to be fair well upholstered people do keep you warmer in winter........

I bet these seats will be full of plastic fans as well...this club''s gone to dogs, we should all find a League One club to support where we can worry about administration or relegation to League Two.....where did I leave my map of Charlton?

For those worried about the view from the new front row of the Barclay, can I reassure you that you probably won''t notice the difference. I have had a season ticket in the front row of the Jarrold (half way line) for the last 3 seasons and for me it is the best seat in the house. Last season''s new front row there made no noticeable difference and has not spoilt one minute of the enjoyment.

Each to their own and if you want a more panoramic experience, so be it! Row Z or watching the game on Football First will give you that. I love the closeness to the action, seeing the game as the players do...and all that lovely leg room to jump about and celebrate in. Yes, we get a bit wetter when the weather is bad,but the front row is where you''ll find me for the foreseeable future. Would draw a line at needing a periscope though!

"seeing the game as the players do"

what, sat on a plastic seat peering through players legs, which players do that ?

[quote user="City1st"]"seeing the game as the players do"

what, sat on a plastic seat peering through players legs, which players do that ?[/quote]Last year as a rule:Rudd, Drury, Lappin, Smith, Gill, McNamee, Hughes and Jackson.

Hopefully they will actually put some numbers back on the bloody seats as well - no idea whether I was sat in the right seat and i am a season ticket holder!!! Goodness knows how casual fans found their seats!

[quote user="Titch.Canary"]

[/quote]

Couldn''t they stick a few in with them?

[quote user="whistleblower"]

Friend of mine work''s for Carters - they are building the new seats in the ground.  Apparently they are concerned that the seats in front of the existing front row will a) be too low for those who take them up and b) obscure the view for TWO to THREE rows behind them.  Basically if you sit in the front 2-3 rows of the existing Barclay Stand or in the new rows in front you are in big trouble

Other seats are going up in front of the hotel - appraently for away supporters I''m led to believe - dont think thats an issue but not sure why they are doing that unless they can reconfigure the Jarrold stand for home supporters more effectively by doing that

[/quote]

I think I read somewhere that Premiership rules state that visiting fans are entitled to take up to 10% of ground capacity - that would be about 2,600 seats - so a few hundred extra for away supporters would come in very handy; especially when the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc hit town.

You could fill those "away" seats with glory-hunting local "supporters" of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd, let alone the genuine fans of those clubs. The type of armchair  "supporter" who will remind you that he''s always followed Man Utd et al - through thick and thin!

Oh dear, norfolkbroadslim, you''ve really got a bee in your bonnet about this fat thing... have we touched knees in the past?

that''s part of the problem with the new seats - my understanding is they are going to keep the photographers where they are and squeeze the new seats in regardless

the one good thing about all of the front rowo seats around the ground is the way it will make opposition teams even more initimidated - when fans can pretty much touch the players by the sidelines and goallines, thats a lot more intimidating than them being 15-20 yards away as they are in many bigger stadiums

[quote user="whistleblower"]the one good thing about all of the front rowo seats around the ground is the way it will make opposition teams even more initimidated - when fans can pretty much touch the players by the sidelines and goallines, thats a lot more intimidating than them being 15-20 yards away as they are in many bigger stadiums[/quote]Hopefully it will reduce Rory Delap''s run up too...

[quote user="whistleblower"]

that''s part of the problem with the new seats - my understanding is they are going to keep the photographers where they are and squeeze the new seats in regardless

the one good thing about all of the front rowo seats around the ground is the way it will make opposition teams even more initimidated - when fans can pretty much touch the players by the sidelines and goallines, thats a lot more intimidating than them being 15-20 yards away as they are in many bigger stadiums

[/quote]Very good point!