Sign in to follow this  
willo2

Morison update...

[quote user="willo2"]Respect your opinion IS but why slate people because they don''t agree? You like him, fair enough......''c) and is a young local lad who is already far more successful than they will ever be?'' Come on, lets just recognise that people see different things in games and players....I don''t rate Martin at this level and, in my opinion, at best, he will be 5th striker and can''t see him accepting another loan.[/quote]Not saying that everyone slates him - your comments are perfectly reasonable, and difficult to argue with. You don''t have to look too far on this forum to see some less balanced commentary though - try the Martin to Posh thread for example!

good to see we arent all starting on each other again?

back to the program - heres the latest from Sarf Landaan.

Total value of new bid is £2.8million – there are considerable add-ons to the initial fee of £2.1million

Will be a great signing, a team player who scores goals. For those that prefer Chris Martin look at the stats last season 20+ for Morison and 4 for Martin in the League. Martin may stay but he will at best be 5th in the pecking order behind Holt, Vaughan,Morison and Jackson, 6th if we do get CMS. If Lambert, who chose not to play him in the last quarter of the season rated him that much then why buy so many strikers. He may go out on loan or be sold. If the latter is the case it would be interesting to see the fee topside of £750 000 with a sell on would be realistic. I cant see any top championship side wanting him

Yorkshire Canary- He was injured the last quarter of the season and came back on the bench I think Ipswich. He couldn''t exactly drop Jackson with the form he was in. And He brung in Wilbraham, Pacheco and Vokes two. Wilbraham to cover for Holt. Vokes to cover for Wilbraham who ended up getting injured. And Pacheco who I would say is more of a Hoolahan player.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]For those that prefer Chris Martin look at the stats last season 20+ for Morison and 4 for Martin in the League. [/quote]

It''s no good slating a player with stats if you can''t get it right. Morison scored 15 in the League last season.

Remember Lambert struggling to get Jackson in pre-season last year? He appears to be getting his strikers in earlier this time - perhaps decent strikers are more difficult to sign?

Regarding Chris Martin, I fully support him and rate him but for his own development he might be best moving on - this is the norm anyway.

When we were relegared our player assetts were low. Look at them now! The family silverware has certainly appreciated in value.

Thought I saw Holty out running - and I mean running, not jogging, in South Norfolk last week. If so then the guy is clearly showing desire to perform next season. Likewise McNally was out running in the City early today; the guy seems to have really taken to the area and have terrific motivation. We really do have some great characters about the place these days.

Total value of new bid is £2.8million – there are considerable add-ons to the initial fee of £2.1million. #ncfc #millwall

[quote user="Mahogany"]Can''t imagine we''d sign Morison and CMS so looks like that Daily Mail story was a load of crap... there''s a surprise.[/quote]On that basis every paper in the country is crap then. 

Even at £2.8m i still think its a good deal. I''m sure Fulham were rumoured to be preparing to offer £4m for him earlier in the season. and it''s no wonder he wants to leave Millwall. After looking on one of their messageboards, they really seem to be slagginh him off just because he wants to play in the Premier League. One member said he hopes Morison gets shot after his medical.

And they don''t really seem to no much about other teams either. They were thinking we may throw in a player as part of the deal and they were thinking it could be either Hoolahan or Jackson.

I''m sure Morison will be a good singing should it all go through and our strike force could be looking very strong for next season

Looks good, let''s hope it''s true.Just wondering though, any I may well be wrong, but it seems as though we will have 3 or 4 support strikers and only one target man. At the moment, who will replace Holt if he goes down? Vaughan or Morisson? Are they that sort of striker?

Morison will be a lot more than just back up for Holt. PL was not afraid to play both Holt and Wilbrahim last season and i can see him playing Holt and Morison together as well.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Morison will be a lot more than just back up for Holt. PL was not afraid to play both Holt and Wilbrahim last season and i can see him playing Holt and Morison together as well.[/quote]

It used to be that if you were playing well you stayed in the team. Will be interesting to see whether he chops and changes the team depending on the opposition this season.

Think it''s time we look elsewhere, Millwall are clearly over valuing their player and they have every right to do so but no club should pay more than 2.5m for Morison

i liked the look of Morison last year and clearly he is ''hungry'' to play for us.

really like Vaughan and hope he does well for us, as we all do.

CMS - i haven''t seen any of his games this year.

can''t help thinking tho that scoring goals wasn''t an issue last season with what 83 in the league alone. (yes i realise scoring in the PL will be more difficult).  A long way to go in the transfer market but i''d really like to see another quality centre-back join the ranks.  the suggested fees we are paying for Vaughan, Morison and suggested value of CMS aren''t huge but i hope the budget is spread out across the team.

One thing is for sure - Millwall definitely have more than one club after him, after all they seem to be commenting on the situation everyday.

They are clearly desperate for a bidding war, and to be honest, who can blame them.

Is it just me or are the transfer valuations being bandied about for players like Morisson and CMS just crazy at the moment? I mean, those are figures similar to or more than the figures we paid for Ashton and Earnshaw. They were outstanding players at the time - far better and less risky than the current players being looked at.Why can this be?

[quote user="Stretcharm"]One thing is for sure - Millwall definitely have more than one club after him, after all they seem to be commenting on the situation everyday. They are clearly desperate for a bidding war, and to be honest, who can blame them.[/quote]

Why is it "sure"? What evidence have you that there are other clubs in for him? It seems to me that Millwall have a set price in mind and they are holding out for us (the only bidder presumably) to match it.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Is it just me or are the transfer valuations being bandied about for players like Morisson and CMS just crazy at the moment? I mean, those are figures similar to or more than the figures we paid for Ashton and Earnshaw. They were outstanding players at the time - far better and less risky than the current players being looked at.Why can this be?[/quote]

They came to us over 5 years ago. There''s this thing called inflation....

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Is it just me or are the transfer valuations being bandied about for players like Morisson and CMS just crazy at the moment? I mean, those are figures similar to or more than the figures we paid for Ashton and Earnshaw. They were outstanding players at the time - far better and less risky than the current players being looked at.Why can this be?[/quote]

i think it''s just a sign of the times - English strikers cost ridiculous amounts at the moment.  I heard that QPR bid £2.5m for Watford''s Danny Graham and they turned around and asked for £8m...

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

Don''t be so patronising without even thinking about what you are saying. Firstly, I''ve never seen ''Premiership Footballer'' listed in the goods that fill the imaginary shopping basket used to create the Retail Prices Index. Secondly, even if you had a valid point, inflation has averaged what for the past 5 years? 3%? So lets say 15-20% price increase in 5 years. Morisson and CMS are not even close to being worth 80% of what Ashton was when we signed him.

I guess it must be down to the extra money available in the Premiership these days and the lack of supply of good strikers.

Joanna Grey wrote

"Why is it "sure"? What evidence have you that there are other clubs in for him? It seems to me that Millwall have a set price in mind and they are holding out for us (the only bidder presumably) to match it."

Easy tiger!

When have you ever seen a club that is seemingly selling a player comment on bids that are received? There have also been reports that other clubs are interested in him.

In my opinion, this all adds up to one thing - they want a bidding war.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

Don''t be so patronising without even thinking about what you are saying. Firstly, I''ve never seen ''Premiership Footballer'' listed in the goods that fill the imaginary shopping basket used to create the Retail Prices Index. Secondly, even if you had a valid point, inflation has averaged what for the past 5 years? 3%? So lets say 15-20% price increase in 5 years. Morisson and CMS are not even close to being worth 80% of what Ashton was when we signed him.

I guess it must be down to the extra money available in the Premiership these days and the lack of supply of good strikers.

[/quote]

Ville de Pedant, the next town after St. Epicfail.

we paid 3 mill for Ashton and he was playing in the championship- similar prices as seen today with a slight inflation increase. Plus clubs get more money in prem and champ due to television rights so when an offer comes for one of your players there is two things to think about. The buying club has more money nowadays so maybe we can get a couple more penny''s out of them and the fact is with more Tv revenue most teams are not selling clubs and are able to hold onto their better players. And most clubs ambition is to get to the prem or a higher league and stay there so clubs will try to hold on to their prize assets.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Morison isn''t backup for Holt, not unless Lambert is going to change his game an awful lot. He''s not a targetman, he''s an out and out striker, probably closer to Jackson than Holt in style if not in build. Look at his stats, only 5 assists in 40 games.[/quote]

Er.... Morison''s well over 6ft, and Jacko''s quite alot smaller than that. Watching him for Wales in the Home Nations Cup I would agree with the others and say he''s closer to a Holt than a Jackson, unless he plays in a completely different style for Millwall. I also think alot of his goals came from penalties last season rather than open play - May be wrong on that though.

In terms of transfer fees things have moved on a hell of a lot since we bought Ashton and Earnshaw.  Ashton we bought from Crewe and he had no Prem experience.  The equivalent of Earnshaw who already had a bit of Prem experience would possibly be someone like Kenwyn Jones (£8m) or Hugo Rodellaga (rated at £15m?). I therefore think we''ve grabbed absolute bargain in Vaughan and the fees being quoted for Morison are also quite reasonable.  CMS at £4m though does seem a little over-inflated given his age and the fact that he''s spent the year in L1.

The price of fags has gone up not because of inflation but to try to convince hopelessly addicted people to save their lives and save the health service billions....[quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]everything goes up in price not just in football, just brought a pack of fags nearly 8 quid,[/quote]

I said that he was closer in style to Jackson not in build. What I mean by this is that he doesn''t hold the ball up, play in other or draw fouls like Holt does. He is much more of a striker as is Jackson, he''s there to score goals first and everything else 2nd. Again as I said you can see the difference if you look at their stats Holt had 21 goals 14 assists; Jackson had 13 goals 2 assists; Morison had 15 goals 5 assists.

He might score them in a different way (more headers and using strength rather than pure pace) but he''s fulfilling the Jackson role, not Holt''s.

Also he only scored 2 pens last season according to football365.