Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Good free agents

I would love to have Larsson here although I can see him going to another more established Premiership team.  As for the rest, no thanks, not even Bradley Johnson.

Pantsil isn''t bad. Good pace, and a great spirit. He''s the one that did laps of the stadium after Fulham''s games in Europe wasn''t he?

i''ve hardly seen much of johnson but i thought he''d add to the depth of the squad. yeah larsson''s wages will be sky high and more established teams will enquire about him. i wouldnt mind pantsil because he has the right attitude towards the game but not sure if he''ll fit into the style of never say die and run through brick walls for lambert/us.

But Hahneman (cba to spell-check) and David Jones would be great. Jones has a lovely left foot and when he played regularly i rated him higher than Peter Whittingham. Why did Jones not feature for ages? injury?

Pascal Chimbonda vs Russell Martin - not a tricky one for me. I liked Upson, but he had a sh1t World Cup and not sure he has / will ever recover. Lambert could regenerate him, but he will need to show his commitment by dropping his wages, then again do we want to be a nursing home?

[quote user="Europe_93"]Pascal Chimbonda vs Russell Martin - not a tricky one for me. I liked Upson, but he had a sh1t World Cup and not sure he has / will ever recover. Lambert could regenerate him, but he will need to show his commitment by dropping his wages, then again do we want to be a nursing home?[/quote]

isnt Upson a binner by birth? I think he is...anyway, the wages are too big for the risk.

Upson was born in Hartismere, Eye, Suffolk. Originally at the Ipswich Town Centre of Excellence, he joined Luton Town as a trainee in 1994 after Ipswich Town''s youth coach Terry Westley moved to Luton Town. He signed professional forms in April 1996 making one appearance for the senior team as an 88th minute sub against Rotherham United in August 1996.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]What''s the obsession with Bradley Johnson? Most Leeds fans I know think he is utter cack who thinks he is way better than he really is!
[/quote]

Since when has the opinion of an average Leeds fan counted for anything? Most are totally deluded! Remember, they claim they are ''Champions; Champions of Europe'' (apparently). Don''t tell Barcelona...

I know a few people in and around Diss who know Upson - he aint a binner, from what I gather he was too obsessed by playing football as a youth to support either Norwich or Ipswich - his loyalties really lie at Luton and Arsenal who gave him a chance in the pro game. His signing makes sense to me - experienced Prem class defender, he could move back home. The only thing I can see holding it up is his potential wage demands :/ - and if he wants tooo much wouldn''t want him here anyway