Sign in to follow this  
@jayncfc

Archant using Facebook photos for stories?

@jayncfc - I''m more than happy that some very knowledgable people have proved me wrong and that you have done your homework on this, you should stick it to Archant. It''s a principle and personally I find some of their "journalism" and other media just a little lazy at times, picking quotes from here, there and any old photo they can get their hands on. This has been a massive story with massive fan interest which at the end of the day is what this club and in fact message board should be about. They should have sent someone out to do their own legwork and photo taking. Having thought about it all, the "Luke Case" and I''m left feeling none to convinced about any of it, the club banning, the naming and shaming, and there was a time in this country when a person was innocent until proven guilty and I''ve seen no proof. So, invoice them and let us know how you get on.

Cheers, it is nice to see that a lot of people are annoyed with Archant and their doings. Silly really as we all use this forum a shed load and never complain all too much about it. I wonder if there were other alternatives would people use them?

If you read the thread, you will see that I have stated it was a house party and I didn''t invite him. Friends of friends and all that jazz. However, as you so eloquently decided to raise the issue of having friends that do stupid things you can honestly tell me that you have complete control over your friends or associates actions to a point that you are sure that none of them will do something stupid in their lifetime? You honestly can say that every one you call a friend you have the utmost confidence that at no point, ever in their life they couldn''t possibly do something stupid just once?? If that is the case, I put it to you, that you have few friends.People live and die by their actions true, but it''s much easier for this to exist if someones stupid actions are hugely publicized giving the option for a potential witch hunt to ensue. I am not defending nor condoning any of these actions on either part. Just raising a point of debate.

"and there was a time in this country when a person was innocent until proven guilty "

so there is no evidence that he used to n word, I must have got the wrong end of the story ?

"I must have got the wrong end of the story ? "

That''s all we''ve read isn''t it? A story.

Reproduced Twiiter posts, Facebook pictures.

I could so easily start up a twitter account and a facebook page linking City 1st (but not your name because I don''t know you but imagine I was someone who did and wanted to create a bit of mischief) and have you proclaiming yourself chief of the donkey porkers with photo to match.

Conviction by Twitter, not much investigation to it, no jury but media and assumption. So what, they guy may be guilty but where is the definitive proof in any of it?

All this episode has done for any of us has made twatters of everyone, club included, Mark Bright and Archant included.

[quote user="City1st"]"and there was a time in this country when a person was innocent until proven guilty "

so there is no evidence that he used to n word, I must have got the wrong end of the story ?[/quote]I didn''t even know Vaughan was much of a Nagger, i find it''s more of a womanly thing to do.

Oh dear, sexist! I wonder if Archant will kick up a media hub bub about the access to and distribution of photo''s without prior consent, implied or given, from individuals after all of this.  Secondly, along the lines of the previous poster, imagine if you lost your phone. My Twitter account is directly linked to my phone through an app, anyone could post on there professing to be me.

Although at this point I would like to say that it should not, if found to be the person whose account it is, this nullifies their actions and consequently punishment.

[quote user="jayncfc"]Oh dear, sexist! I wonder if Archant will kick up a media hub bub about the access to and distribution of photo''s without prior consent, implied or given, from individuals after all of this.  Secondly, along the lines of the previous poster, imagine if you lost your phone. My Twitter account is directly linked to my phone through an app, anyone could post on there professing to be me.[/quote]Don''t say that, i like being able to watch games at Carrow Road!

[quote user="claud"]Pretty sure that you sign over any rights to those photos the moment you put them on Facebook.[/quote]

I believe this to be true as someone I know walked into New Look to find a photo of herself printed on some t-shirts, they had got the photo off facebook.

"A Story".

A report if you like.

"Conviction by Twitter"

or by the persons own words, as in

“I know that some of the stuff I have said is wrong…there are comments I should have thought about before I posted them,” added O’Donoughoe.

“In the end I lost my rag and ended up writing things I should have looked into first.”

"no jury"

There doesn''t need to be. It is for the club to decide, it is a civil matter not a criminal matter.

However I would strongly urge the person banned to appeal. Not because I agree or disagree with the ban or it''s length but because if he does not lodge an appeal within 14 days in writing he will not have a chance to put his case. Unfortunately the page will not allow me to cut and paste the relevant bits so you''ll need to click on the link and go to the bottom of the page to check what he needs to do.

Curiously there are a number of other things that you cannot do. Take in equipment that records audio or visual material, though mobile phones with cameras are acceptable as long as amy photos or film are not published ie on a forum in a nerwspaper. Thankfully that doesn''t happen on here.

Yopu cannot take in a portable container that could cause damage. Tahnkfully there are no flasks in the River End.

You cannot enter the field of play. Thank God Delia didn''t go onto the pitch at Portsmouth.

You cannot stand in any seating area. Lets hope they don''t make the lower Barclay or the away section seating.

No indecent chanting is allowed. It doesm''t specify what is indecent. We ******* love Grant Holt appears not to be.

The use of foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and WILL result in arrest and/or ejection from the ground (see above)

You must not be in the ground whilst drunk. Unless you enter the field of play to ''encourage'' the fans perhaps.

It is illegal to throw any object within the ground. Inflatables are not considered objects we must assume.

''No goods of any nature may be offered for free (or for sale) to any person within the ground''. So no passing around sweets or lending of programmes then.

My thoughts are that if the club wishes to apply the ''law'', then it should do so with the same rigour to all the regulations listed above and at least be seen to be consistent in it''s approach to wrongful behaviour.

Well City 1st, I''ve now seen this gentleman convicted by his own apology on here which after all was posted after my post on this thread and we have the benefit of examining my post in that context don''t we? After all, my "unsureness" about the whole affair being only one element of my post and feelings. I stand by what I feel is a very slipshod presentation from Archant and the use of his photograph. I don''t condone Luke''s obviously racist remarks in any context but I do know that the older I get the less I know about anything. When I was younger I knew everything, where did it all ago to?

I do know that I distrust "media" these days in a way that I would never have questioned ten, twenty years ago.

no more has the phrase ''dont bite the hand that feeds you'' been more appropriate

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Facebook own the rights to all pictures on their website, so you will have no say in the matter as to what happens to them.[/quote]do they? because i have photos on my FB profile and have the originals sitting on my hard drive dated from well before they were uploaded, this therefore shows that i took them, with date stamp, on a specific day. They are on Facebook purely for storage purposes. They do not own the rights to any of my images, although because they are american based they might feel they do...remember twitter and Giggs-gate?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Facebook own the rights to all pictures on their website, so you will have no say in the matter as to what happens to them.[/quote]do they? because i have photos on my FB profile and have the originals sitting on my hard drive dated from well before they were uploaded, this therefore shows that i took them, with date stamp, on a specific day. They are on Facebook purely for storage purposes. They do not own the rights to any of my images, although because they are american based they might feel they do...remember twitter and Giggs-gate?[/quote]From the Facebook T&Cs"2. Sharing content and information2.1....2.2....2.3...2.4 When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it

means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook,

to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e.,

your name and profile picture)."http://www.facebook.com/terms.phpi.e. using "everyone" makes everything you post on Facebook open source, for everyone.

I also think you''ll find that if this persons profile is not set to public, then his/her friends can still see the photos. But I think you''ll find it was set as Luke''s display picture, which means that he would then have to be paying you the rights to use the picture, which is not how Facebook works.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Facebook own the rights to all pictures on their website, so you will have no say in the matter as to what happens to them.[/quote]do they? because i have photos on my FB profile and have the originals sitting on my hard drive dated from well before they were uploaded, this therefore shows that i took them, with date stamp, on a specific day. They are on Facebook purely for storage purposes. They do not own the rights to any of my images, although because they are american based they might feel they do...remember twitter and Giggs-gate?[/quote]Maybe I phrased it poorly by saying ''own the rights'', but Facebook can do pretty much whatever the hell they like with the photos once you put them on their website.

"Facebook can do pretty much whatever the hell they like with the photos"and everything elsethat was one of the reasons for setting up such facilities - as with Nectar cards and such likeA wonderful way to get Joe Public to hand over piles of info that can  be used to built up a profile, which can be used/sold for marketing/credit rating/ and other rather scary purposes

I got too much attention from women after uploading my photograph, so I deleted my account.It''s been a lifelong problem for me unfortunately.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I got too much attention from women after uploading my photograph, so I deleted my account.

It''s been a lifelong problem for me unfortunately.
[/quote]

Cluckbert it sounds like you have the potential to join The Fanny Magnets.Would you like me to send you an application form? Oh no silly me i nearly forgot you do not watch City play[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I got too much attention from women after uploading my photograph, so I deleted my account.

[/quote]

Cluckbert it sounds like you have the potential to join The Fanny Magnets.Would you like me to send you an application form? Oh no silly me i nearly forgot you do not watch City play[:P]

[/quote]

And you don''t attract any Fanny......do you....

In fact, you should be renamed ''The Fanny Repellents''.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ouch,oh dear me what has brought about your intervention.I have always thought that references to The Fanny Magnets were taken light heartedly on here and Facebook but obviously that is not the case but hey ho who really cares?[:^)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]do they? because i have photos on my FB profile and have the originals sitting on my hard drive dated from well before they were uploaded, this therefore shows that i took them, with date stamp, on a specific day. They are on Facebook purely for storage purposes. They do not own the rights to any of my images, although because they are american based they might feel they do...[/quote]You may own the rights, but by putting stuff on Facebook -

Statement of Rights and ResponsibilitiesThis Statement of Rights

and Responsibilities ("Statement") derives from the Facebook Principles, and

governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Facebook. By

using or accessing Facebook, you agree to this Statement.

Sharing Your Content and Information1.....you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free,

worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with

Facebook ("IP License").

So they can do pretty much as they wish. You didn''t think they hadn''t worked all this out before they set up this data collecting/processing facility
, did you. It was pretty much the point of it ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]do they? because i have photos on my FB profile and have the originals sitting on my hard drive dated from well before they were uploaded, this therefore shows that i took them, with date stamp, on a specific day. They are on Facebook purely for storage purposes. They do not own the rights to any of my images, although because they are american based they might feel they do...[/quote]You may own the rights, but by putting stuff on Facebook -

Statement of Rights and ResponsibilitiesThis Statement of Rights

and Responsibilities ("Statement") derives from the Facebook Principles, and

governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Facebook. By

using or accessing Facebook, you agree to this Statement.

Sharing Your Content and Information1.....you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free,

worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with

Facebook ("IP License").

So they can do pretty much as they wish. You didn''t think they hadn''t worked all this out before they set up this data collecting/processing facility
, did you. It was pretty much the point of it ?

[/quote]

"Us" being Fishbook not Archant.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ouch,oh dear me what has brought about your intervention.I have always thought that references to The Fanny Magnets were taken light heartedly on here and Facebook but obviously that is not the case but hey ho who really cares?[:^)]

[/quote]

Truth hurts doesn''t it........and ''fanny magnet'' is so sexist and derogatory to the opposite sex.....

Shame on you and those other FM sexist individuals who purport to be attractive to females.....

Anyway, I''m off out now to get blotto - and see if I can pull a bit o'' beaver down P.O.W Road and maybe pop into Chickcargoze.......Coz when those birds cop a glimpse o'' me.....they''ll be leavin'' trails like snails and gushin'' from every orofice......

Coz I''m a troo laydeeez man.....Oh yez I am!       And certainly not a sexist Foo foo magnet....Like yooz....is.

"Us" being Fishbook not Archant."the clue is in the word transferable

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I got too much attention from women after uploading my photograph, so I deleted my account.It''s been a lifelong problem for me unfortunately.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Truth hurts doesn''t it........and ''fanny magnet'' is so sexist and derogatory to the opposite sex.....

Shame on you and those other FM sexist individuals who purport to be attractive to females.....

Anyway, I''m off out now to get blotto - and see if I can pull a bit o'' beaver down P.O.W Road and maybe pop into Chickcargoze.......Coz when those birds cop a glimpse o'' me.....they''ll be leavin'' trails like snails and gushin'' from every orofice......

Coz I''m a troo laydeeez man.....Oh yez I am!       And certainly not a sexist Foo foo magnet....Like yooz....is.

[/quote]He he he... [:D]The thick old plod just doesn''t seem to get it does he?.... and probably in more ways than one.