Sign in to follow this  
Mtv

You have got to had it to this Board...........

There is no bullshit going on, no big names being thrown in with no intention of signing them, just to pacify the fans. They are going after who they want with a ruthless efficiency and coming up with the goods just about everytime.

It''s not about the players or whether they are good enough, thats up to Lambert but its about McNally and his ability to get the deal done. Just a great time to be a fan right now.

I am not even bothered that we will overspend and end up in trouble, for once I have complete faith that Lambert will identify the right players and McNally will get them within our price range. Fantastic just bloody fantastic!

[quote user="mtv"]There is no bullshit going on, no big names being thrown in with no intention of signing them, just to pacify the fans. They are going after who they want with a ruthless efficiency and coming up with the goods just about everytime. It''s not about the players or whether they are good enough, thats up to Lambert but its about McNally and his ability to get the deal done. Just a great time to be a fan right now. I am not even bothered that we will overspend and end up in trouble, for once I have complete faith that Lambert will identify the right players and McNally will get them within our price range. Fantastic just bloody fantastic![/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. It''s obvious that the homework has been done, the targets identified and sensible bids made. What''s more, we''re going back time after time to get what we want. While we''re spending a lot in the context of our finances over the last few years, we do seem to be getting value for money in the context of the silly money in the Prem. Obviously we need these guys to step up, but, given Lambert''s ability to get the best out of players, I''m getting a very good feeling.[<:o)]

Well, sorry to cut you short. But so far, we have signed ONE player, and had failed bids for three others! Lets give it a few weeks before we judge the differences here

They only thing that concerns me is that we put in an initial bid which is refuted so we go back with another one. Well, that''s how it appears so far. I just hope that every player we bid for, the selling club don''t say no as they can see that we will come back with a second or third bid. The flip side though is that we are looking to get players for their true worth.

[quote user="AJ"]Well, sorry to cut you short. But so far, we have signed ONE player, and had failed bids for three others! Lets give it a few weeks before we judge the differences here[/quote]

Booooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep point taken and I might be a bit premature but we are on our second signing and have (apparently) made substancial bids for 2 more. and it is only the 3rd of june.

So, yes, there is still a fair bit to do but by christ no one can say we are hanging about can they.

This is a management team that knows what it wants and just goes out and gets on with it!

Last seasons purchases were first class and I dont see why this season will be any different by what has happened so far!

This probably sounds like a stupid question but do clubs conduct transfer dealings at the weekend? Just wondered if were to come back with a higher bid for Snodgrass would we have to wait untill Monday, or would it be ongoing and possibly leaked through the press at the weekend as it happens?

[quote user="AJ"]Well, sorry to cut you short. But so far, we have signed ONE player, and had failed bids for three others! Lets give it a few weeks before we judge the differences here[/quote]

I have been away for an hour, could you please tell me who the three failed bids were?

Haha Til!! No, I totally agree with you MTV, it''s nice to actually feel excited about signing good prospects, to be attempting to sign decent players and actually pro actively doing something instead of bringing in ''experienced'' journeymen. *Cough* Helveg *cough*.

Lambert knows what he wants, and I''m glad the board are backing and working with him to get them here.

Vaughan - Accepted and signed.

Morrison bid accepted, now its the contract with the player.

Bennett bid accepted according to reports, if true then its the contract with the player that needs sorting.

Snodgrass - Bid rejected, board may go in with a higher offer.

Who were the other failures?

Are we all collectively smoking something? Like the WACCOE poster said, if it carries on like this we''ll cure world famine.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Vaughan - Accepted and signed.

Morrison bid accepted, now its the contract with the player.

Bennett bid accepted according to reports, if true then its the contract with the player that needs sorting.

Snodgrass - Bid rejected, board may go in with a higher offer.

Who were the other failures?

[/quote]

That''s what I thought as well. I''m sure that AJ will pop along soon and fill in the blanks....

[quote user="yellow blood"]They only thing that concerns me is that we put in an initial bid which is refuted so we go back with another one. Well, that''s how it appears so far. I just hope that every player we bid for, the selling club don''t say no as they can see that we will come back with a second or third bid. The flip side though is that we are looking to get players for their true worth.[/quote]You don''t honestly think McNally would offer the amount he thought a player was worth first time do you?

Yeah, thats the whole point isn''t it, its like buying a house, you never put your buying price in first, its almost understood by all parties that you will offer under the expected amount, you go away and then either put the standard offer in or another still slightly under, its just how negotiations go.

I am sure that the board decide on an ad-hoc basis or even in advance how much stretch they will allow to the top end to get their man. I reckon a little bit of stretch may have been the case for Morison, but I doubt a lot.

[quote user="mtv"]There is no bullshit going on, no big names being thrown in with no intention of signing them, just to pacify the fans. They are going after who they want with a ruthless efficiency and coming up with the goods just about everytime.

It''s not about the players or whether they are good enough, thats up to Lambert but its about McNally and his ability to get the deal done. Just a great time to be a fan right now.

I am not even bothered that we will overspend and end up in trouble, for once I have complete faith that Lambert will identify the right players and McNally will get them within our price range. Fantastic just bloody fantastic![/quote]

what do you reckon on getting Berbatov then...he''s out of favour with Sir Alex ;0)

The league season proper only finished last weekend, but we have already bought one player and it seems likely that we are to get others in pretty soon - it is certainly a change from the days of Worthy. Lambo seems absolutely intent on having as many of his squad in place by the time they return for pre-season...this is something that sounds so obviously sensible, but we know that it didn''t happen in the past!

It didnt happen because The previous management didnt want to pay new players wages for the few weeks of the closed season! remember prudence with ambition bollocks!

Spot on mtv, and how much did that stupid attitude cost us in the long run? The approach of the current board is highlighting just how badly the club was being run after relegation from the Prem. Wonderful to see.