Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Danny Graham. One season wonder?

I far as I am aware Graham had one good season last year. Prior to this I had never heard of him. He is 25/26.I don''t understand why some people are getting so bothered why we have''nt tried to sign him.

he''s a gamble  a lot of money 3.5 plus add''ons  as well as shane long one good season too 4 mill been quoted hmmmmm

Senior career

Years Team Apps (Gls)

2003–2007 Middlesbrough 15 (1)

2004 → Darlington (loan) 9 (2)

2005–2006 → Derby County (loan) 14 (0)

2006 → Leeds United (loan) 3 (0)

2006 → Blackpool (loan) 4 (1)

2007 → Carlisle United (loan) 11 (7)

2007–2009 Carlisle United 89 (29)

2009- Watford 91 (38)

Lol, if it was us who signed Graham then everyone would be raving about him saying he''s amazing. He''s a top quality striker but wouldn''t add much to the squad compared to Morison and Vaughan as he is similar to Holt and both of these add something different. Basically, Graham will do well for Swansea but wouldn''t add much to our squad due to the differences up front, either way I''m fairly confident all three promoted teams will stay up.

good player and good signing i think he will do well. With Jackson and vaughan not the type of player we wanted at this moment in time. given that swansea are promoted and have lost Borini they needed a half decent front man

Yes there is a chance he will be a one season wonder, but you could say that about alot of strikers...look at charlie austin he was brillaint last season moved and never heard of again...

[quote user="I am a Banana"]look at charlie austin he was brillaint last season moved and never heard of again...[/quote]What a brilliant example! He scored 17 in 27 before moving and getting injured for the rest of the season.

I''m not sure if Graham would have been right for us?...he played all of last season for Watford operating as a lone striker, exactly the same way that Swansea play, could Graham have worked in a "2" alongside a i.e Holt??

Ive kept asking the question, had we have signed Graham at the begining of this/last season, would we have been excited?

I dont think so and he think he will prove to have been a one season wonder.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Ive kept asking the question, had we have signed Graham at the begining of this/last season, would we have been excited?

I dont think so and he think he will prove to have been a one season wonder.

[/quote]

Just like half our current side. I don''t remember many people jumping for joy about the signing of Croft etc