Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shrimper

Academy graduates

Have I missed something, or has there been no announcement about the future of the year 2 Academy youngsters. I had guessed that Matt Ball would be offered a contract. Does anyone know anything?

I think the academy lads are the most gutted about us going up to the prem from their personal footballing career. As they are not going to get a look in this season IMO and if we stay up are most likely going to have to look for a new club as I feel their 1st team chances are limited!

The other way of looking at it would be that it is now a fantastic opportunity for the academy to get top notch youngsters now we''re in the premier league.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I think the academy lads are the most gutted about us going up to the prem from their personal footballing career. As they are not going to get a look in this season IMO and if we stay up are most likely going to have to look for a new club as I feel their 1st team chances are limited![/quote]A lecturer of mine at Uni last year was a sports psychologist who did a bit of work with Nottingham Forest. He said that whilst doing a session with the academy players, they said their biggest fear was that thr club got promoted to the Premier League, because it would mean their chances of getting first team football were limited, and they actually said that they did not want the club to be promoted.