Sign in to follow this  
Simon Lee

Ashton: From a Crewe Fan

Hello boys un girls.

It looks likely that Ashton is going to sign for you tomorrow morning. Here is my view on the Championships top scorer..

This season he''s got alot lot LOT fitter and thats one of the main reasons hes done so well, hes not the fastest in the world but most Crewe fans compare him to Shearer hes very powerful and not many shake him off, his technique is awsome to go with his power, he holds the ball up well and really brings players into the game. Hes scores special goals along with tap ins. He will work his but off for you and he will get you goals. Ive not seen how well you have been playing much but if you create the chances he will finish them. You will love him like we do or did

On a personal point, I like the fact that you are excited by his arrival, if he had gone to Villa, Spurs ect... They would have resented him and instantly compare him to Zamora, hes a million of him! For me im convinced hes gone to the best Premiership team, a family club where the club is king not the player.

I love the fact that Dean turned down palace without even talking to them when they matched your bid !

Best of luck, I hope you stay up, I was at Gresty Road the final day when you went up, hopefully you wont be back... I hope to come to a Norwich game to watch Dean at somepoint if I can get a ticket.

Simon

Cheers mate, that was a nice read. Glad you''ve got a nice opinion of us too.

I think I speak for most of us when I say that we''re excited about Ashton coming. Good to hear that the boy''s got good technique too. Hopefully, it''ll make a change from watching the ball bounce away off Leon''s foot for the umpteenth time.

I notice he''s scored 4 or 5 this year with his head, but a lot of us have been asking how good he really is in the air. Does he win his fair share, get knockdowns, set up other players etc?

Hope you do make it to Carra Rud too and I''m sure you''ll be made to feel welcome.

Simon, cheers for all of that and for taking the time to find us and write.  I''m so glad that you think we''re the right club for Dean to be coming to.  This is refreshing to hear as we''ve read that some of your fans think this is just a sideways move for him, how ever much we see it differently.  You''re absolutely right that we are very excited at the thought of seeing him in the yellow and green as many of us have long been extolling his virtues and telling Worthy to ''go get him!''  That said, we have a real battle on our hands to stay up...but we know the lads will give it everything they''ve got, as will all the fans, so there''s plenty of hope still.  Good luck to Crewe - a true footballing team with genuine fans, like we hope that we are.  I can''t help but feel for your loss though as you all clearly worshipped the ground he walked on.  Don''t worry though, he will be equally adored here, I''m sure...and you''d be more than welcome at Carrow Road to check on his progress when you can make it.  Thanks again!

Thanks for the info Simon - Deano is someone this board has been wanting for well over a year now; he was superb against as at FCR last season and that impact stuck, along with his good displays for the England U21s.I hear you already have some talented youngsters waiting to take his place and hope they do the job you need.OTBC

Thanks for that Simon.  It''s nice to hear an opinion off someone who sees him week in week out.  From a personal point of view I''m really excited about the Deano signing.  I don''t want to out too much pressure on him or have too higher expectations but I really hope he does well.  He could be a phenominal signing for us 

Cheers 4 that m8. Nice to hear the views from the opposite end. Hope you do well this season, and i''m sure i speak for all the posters when i say you''re welcome to carrow road AND this message board whenever you can visit.

I think we should spare a thought for Crewe fans. It cant be much fun acting as a breeding ground for bigger clubs.This is the umpteenth time one of their home grown stars has moved on to better things but they stiocally take it on the chin and can be bothered to contribute constructive posts to ther clubs websites. I thought they were a great bunch at the last game of the season and wish them the very best.

I must admit that at that last game of last season it was a real pleasureable day but not just the score and the Crewe fans were great and especially after the game with everyone alllowed on the pitch was absolutely amazing to happen and the fans of Crewe were coming round shaking us Norwich fans hands and having chats and wishing us good luck in the Premiership which was brilliant and I must admit I felt sorry for them that they couldn''t go into the Premiership particularly with their praise and Hospitality althugh they said that Divison 1 (or the 2nd tier) is the best for them and anything better would be amazing.

If it was me I would of had them promoted just for doing that and their hospitality as I felt it was so moving and great.

Dario Gradi is one man in Football which I feel deserves a absolutely hugest accolade there is because of what he does for I believe football in general and not just for Crewe and to have managed one club for over 20yrs continously and has been well respected by many people in the way he goes about Football shows he is a very special man.

Yes, take note of your fellow Crewe fan Mr Lee''s attitude Daniel Charlton! If you come on another fan''s message board, you should show some respect. Do so and you will be welcomed. Coming on to call the team a joke is a waste of everyone''s time and you''ll get nothing but hostility.

If Dean''s as good as you say he is then it will be ironic when he proves you wrong, keeps us up and raises his own profile into the bargain. Has it not occured to you that he is a bigger fish in a smaller pond at Norwich as opposed to Spurs? Here he will get the chance to play against the best in the land week in week out. At spurs he will get the chance to get piles.

Thierry coundln''t keep you up we all know that kid.

How could you possibly raise our profile???!!! That''s amusing, I think probably the likes of Danny Murphy, David Platt, Neil Lennon, Robbie Savage, Bruce Grobelaar and Seth Johnson have done that, Norwich could hardly promote us anymore than we can ourselves!

Now stop having ago, When you didn''t win for ages you WERE a joke- its sad to say coz I like you. But, yes, unfortunately, pundits, players and other fans in the Premiership considered you joke- perhaps valiant, even battlers- but none-the-less a joke.

We wanted Dean to go to a big club, and we are GUTTED he hasn''t and has settled for second best.

But he''s gone and we wish him all the best.

It''s a shame he will be back next year though, when, in all probability, you will struggle in the Championship with teams like Wolves West Ham Sunderland (if they don''t go up) West Brom Sheff Utd all battling for promotion.

Good luck Dean lad, but you''re on a loser.

Bloody hell mate, you still going on about your ex player?? He''s gone to a bigger club than yours, deal with it. 

I cant believe there can be such a contrast of crewe fans the guys we spoke to on the last day of the season last year were a credit to football they came around we shook hand we wished eachother luck they even gave Iwan a good reception. But this daniel charlton guy has taken a bit away of my opinion of what a great football club crewe are with great fans. He goes running his mouth about how bad we are. any way what i was going to say is i think dario gradi desevers an mbe for his serves to football in my opinion 20 years he has been manager of crewe hasnt he? thats an amazing achiement and i take my hat of to him.

Even though we know we will never be a Manure or an Arse I certainly don''t think that we are a small club. If we had a big enough ground we would be averaging more than 30,000 this season, only the biggest clubs in the prem can better that. Deano will become a far better player by spending some time playing for us rather than going to a boring so called big club and never getting a look in. Interestingly Deano has signed a 3 and a half year deal with an option for another year  so he doesn''t seem to be in to much of a hurry to move on, it seems as though he is prepared to stay with us for at least 1 season in the championship. Havig said that contracts aren''t worth the paper they are written on but it''s nevertheless encouraging that he''s signed such a long deal.