Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Danny Graham 3.5m to Swansea

Just shows how much Cody could be worth if given a chance in the Champs. I''d rather have Morison than Graham but is a very close-run thing. They will both find it tough in the Prem IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"]Just shows how much Cody could be worth if given a chance in the Champs. I''d rather have Morison than Graham but is a very close-run thing. They will both find it tough in the Prem IMO.[/quote]

Go on then. How much?

Bit gutted to noyul get 3.5 million for the Championship''s top scorer..others were interested and we could have got more I feel .

Reckon 4-5 million...

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Just shows how much Cody could be worth if given a chance in the Champs. I''d rather have Morison than Graham but is a very close-run thing. They will both find it tough in the Prem IMO.[/quote]

Go on then. How much?

[/quote]

If he scores 25 goals next season with a Champs club, which I believe he could, given a full run of games and freedom from injury, then he''s going to be in demand for any newly promoted clubs, as Morison and Graham were.   It doesn''t take a genius to work out that he would be worth between 2-3 million.  

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="paul moy"]Just shows how much Cody could be worth if given a chance in the Champs.[/quote]

You think we should sell Cody then? [:D]
[/quote]

Of course not, but I would definately send him out on a short-term loan to a Champs club with an immediate recall clause, possibly Peterborough. Lambert will obviously give Morison and Vaughan priority in the Prem, so a loan is best for Cody initially. Given good form and possible injuries and suspensions at Norwich I think he could be recalled and get a place in the team by Xmas.  

In perspective, if £3.5m is the basic fee (ie without add-ons) then that is roughly what we paid for Morison (£2.1m).and Vaughan (no more than £1.5m) combined.

[quote user="paul moy"]

Given good form and possible injuries and suspensions at Norwich I think he could be recalled and get a place in the team by Xmas.  

[/quote]

Not by Xmas. If we loan him out there is no point naming him in the 25, especially when there are 5 strikers at the Club better than him. If we were really struggling for strikers in January, and he did really well in the Championship, we could  recall him and name him in the revised 25 man squad.

I think Lambert probably wants to have another look at Cody hence the reason nothing has been sorted out yet but in all honesty I can''t see him getting a look in now.

I know there are a few romantics on this board who would''ve loved Cody to develop into a decent Championship/Premiership striker but in all reality he probably is only League 1 tops.

Look at our own Chris Martin, did brilliantly in League 2 with Luton (whilst on loan of course) did very well with us in League 1 but really failed to achieve anything of real note in the Championship this season and when he did get his chance often fluffed it, especially his 1 on 1s, which considering someone said he was the best finisher at the club left a lot to be desired.

Best to put this one to bed early doors, I actually think Lambert might loan him out for another season and see where we are this time next year.

As for Graham? Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Swansea, a completely different setup to Watford and I actually think he might struggle. Is he better than Morison? No

if Cody were to go get a little run in the premiership I''m pretty sure he''d bag a goal

"if £3.5m is the basic fee"as you say, ifodd how NONE of these fees turn out to be correct, with managers denying them as well as club accounts disproving themstill, it keeps the some folk happy, rather like knowing the moon is made of cheese I suppose

"failed to achieve anything of real note in the Championship"

- about Chris Martin.

Absolute rubbish. Did you watch anything in the first half of the season?

Doubters of cm just need fo watch the first disc of the season review - Chris Martin, as much as holt or hoolahsn comes out as a real highlight and a class act at scoring and in build up play - his vision and link up with others is underated and his so called laziness is just more often than not being in the right place at the right time - in an attacking position.

seeing as he wasn''t scoring as often as he''d like, the way he comes across from the main highlights of our season is some achievement.

Chris Martin hasn''t struggled through lack of ability in The Championship, it''s his attitude, perhaps maturity and mental strength that''s to blame. To be honest it wouldn''t surprise me to see a £1m bid for Chris Martin being accepted. With Lambert it''s all about attitude and Martin has now had numerous chances and he still doesn''t seem to be able to get it right.

It''s a shame because if you could implant Holt''s, attitude, work rate and guile into Chris Martin''s brain you''d have one heck of a player on your hands.

Chris Martin hasn''t struggled through lack of ability in The Championship, it''s his attitude, perhaps maturity and mental strength that''s to blame. To be honest it wouldn''t surprise me to see a £1m bid for Chris Martin being accepted. With Lambert it''s all about attitude and Martin has now had numerous chances and he still doesn''t seem to be able to get it right.

It''s a shame because if you could implant Holt''s, attitude, work rate and guile into Chris Martin''s brain you''d have one heck of a player on your hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Chris Martin hasn''t struggled through lack of ability in The Championship, it''s his attitude, perhaps maturity and mental strength that''s to blame. To be honest it wouldn''t surprise me to see a £1m bid for Chris Martin being accepted. With Lambert it''s all about attitude and Martin has now had numerous chances and he still doesn''t seem to be able to get it right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS[/quote]

The guy''s 22, he is allowed to improve !!?...it would be pretty heartbreaking and neglegent on Norwich''s part ig he did that and peaked at another club.