Sign in to follow this  
Grow Up Mate

Elliot Bennett

As defenders tend to be on the lower end of the wage scale, it''s probably a case of getting the pricey players in first, and seeing what''s left.

Also worrying me that no one else seems to have picked up on this. So far all the reports are based on a Vital Brighton story which says it "believes" Brighton have accepted an offer. Correct me if I''m wrong but isn''t the Vital network written by fans? So could this just be another baseless rumour?

Also loving the change Lambert has brought to our transfer proceedings. It''s only June 3rd and we''re already worrying that we haven''t brought in any defenders yet!

Sign them all up! Need a big squad for next year and we''re going to lose around 7 or so this summer anyway. I think PL''s just replacing all the lads that are going with better quality players which has worked for us before (i.e last summer). If we get these boys in our squad will look so much better and the competition will be intense but that should kick everyone on - they''ve all got something to prove in the Prem. Really hope we get most of the guys we''re reportedly bidding for

[quote user="Jez"]Also worrying me that no one else seems to have picked up on this. So far all the reports are based on a Vital Brighton story which says it "believes" Brighton have accepted an offer. Correct me if I''m wrong but isn''t the Vital network written by fans? So could this just be another baseless rumour?[/quote]

True indeed...  I can''t find anything else online that backs this up other than an old EDP article from a couple of weeks ago about what we might do with £40million quid that says Bennett is a possibility as we went in for him in Jan.  There are also a couple of other links made - both by Vital Football.com! 

I hope its true but unless Vital Football have a source which has yet to be picked up by the rest of the press in the two weeks VF.com have been banging on about it, we all seem to be getting excited on a very flimsy pretext...

I saw your username Mario, and thought "this is it - there''s going to be Lamberts'' car parked at a jaunty angle !!!But sadly no...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I saw your username Mario, and thought "this is it - there''s going to be Lamberts'' car parked at a jaunty angle !!!

But sadly no...
[/quote]

Sorry to merely be the bearer of a rather dry post rather than exciting news...  I can''t confirm the presence of otherwise of the car as I have been sealed in the office all day working very very hard and keeping an -ahem - occasional eye on here for any news.

I will keep an look out when I emerge from the office blinking and twitching at 5pm...

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

It really is exciting times and gives us so much confidence seeing that the club is being run by people who know what they are doing. How many times have we waited until later in the summer and been left with the players that nobody else wanted? The early bird catches the worm and all that - but we now seem to be the Cat who got the bird!

[/quote]

Fantastic, we''re not waiting for the phone to ring............

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Mahogany"]Bennett has played in the centre in a Wessi sort of role too and Snodgrass has been playing a deep lying playmaker role for Leeds from what I hear, sort of Fox but without the tackling.[/quote]

This is false, Bennett is an out and out winger and Snodgrass is a rightsided midfield player!
[/quote]

Weird how I saw him play on the left in a match televised by SKY (if I remember correctly it was the Leeds v Reading game).

probably yes, but he is more effective playing on the right, as he can cut in and wip the balls in but also people expect him to do that so he can just check back onto his right foot to get the extra yard on the planted man. on the left he''d be a bit too predictable because he''d have to cross it first time or cut in on his right foot which isnt as effective, especially as he''ll be under more pressure coming into the center of the pitch. Snodgrass beats his man by quick feet and good balance, he doesnt have the speed but has the agility and skill to catch his man off-balanced. hope ive explained his game a bit.

Think his local paper might know a bit more about him that you:

"Bennett is different to a lot of wingers in that respect. He is not just very good with the ball, he is very good without it as well.

Then again, you cannot pigeon-hole him as a winger. He can play on either side but also through the middle. He often plays in all three positions for Albion in the same match."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/matchreports0809/8794009.Bennett_gives_a_masterclass/

by the way my post was replying to the guy above me talking about snodgrass on the left. its just quoting on safari is crAp

Michael Bailey via Twitter:

"No quotes, but after digging around today I''d back the news #ncfc have had their Elliott Bennett bid accepted. For me, it''s on.."

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Michael Bailey via Twitter: "No quotes, but after digging around today I''d back the news #ncfc have had their Elliott Bennett bid accepted. For me, it''s on.."[/quote]

Can''t possibly be true, I mean how would an Archant Journo know more than the Official NCFC Ambassador himself? From NorthStandChat;

Jan 2011

Nothing this end guys.

We have however, made a 3.5 milllion pound offer to Leeds for Snodgrass.

In Lambert I Trust

This story is certainly building, with Saturday''s Argus now running the same story...

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/9065940.Poyet_stays_cool_as_Norwich_close_on_Bennett/

No doubt an excellent prospect and a snip at £1m but I certainly hope it''s not either/or on Snodgrass who is clearly the one likely to make the step-up most readily.

Would be a quality signing for £1mill. Exactly what we need in the squad. Brighton fans would be gutted to lose him.

Blackpool signed Matt Phillips from League 2 (just been relegated from L1) Wycombe and whenever I saw him on MOTD I was very impressed. Bennett is a pacy winger with awesome delivery - proved by the staggering amount of assists he got last season! Would love this to happen - sign him up!MorisonVuaghanB. JohnsonBennettSnodgrass RBCBGKThat makes 8 out of Lambert''s 7 so unless Lambert has changed his mind and gone for more players it might be between Bennett and Snodgrass. Saving £4M sounds good and will probably be able to spend more on the more important area (i.e CB).

It would make sense to bring in a couple of good wingers as they were the type of players we have lacked under PL. If we get them we will be a lot more versatile in switching our formation.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Michael Bailey via Twitter: "No quotes, but after digging around today I''d back the news #ncfc have had their Elliott Bennett bid accepted. For me, it''s on.."[/quote]

Can''t possibly be true, I mean how would an Archant Journo know more than the Official NCFC Ambassador himself? From NorthStandChat;

Jan 2011

Nothing this end guys.

We have however, made a 3.5 milllion pound offer to Leeds for Snodgrass.

In Lambert I Trust

[/quote]

Okay, you want a ruck do you?

Snoddy and Beano are no more than speculation atm, so yes, I do know as much as an Archant hack atm

Now behave............silly person. [:P]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Blackpool signed Matt Phillips from League 2 (just been relegated from L1) Wycombe and whenever I saw him on MOTD I was very impressed. Bennett is a pacy winger with awesome delivery - proved by the staggering amount of assists he got last season! Would love this to happen - sign him up!

Morison
Vuaghan
B. Johnson
Bennett
Snodgrass
RB
CB
GK

That makes 8 out of Lambert''s 7 so unless Lambert has changed his mind and gone for more players it might be between Bennett and Snodgrass. Saving £4M sounds good and will probably be able to spend more on the more important area (i.e CB).
[/quote]

I hope that Bennet is not at the expense of Snodgrass, but if we are to look at reports yesterday, it appeared as though a fee had been agreed with Brighton whilst we had submitted a second bid for Snodgrass, so it appears as though Lambert wants both and rightly so as they are very different players

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Blackpool signed Matt Phillips from League 2 (just been relegated from L1) Wycombe and whenever I saw him on MOTD I was very impressed. Bennett is a pacy winger with awesome delivery - proved by the staggering amount of assists he got last season! Would love this to happen - sign him up!MorisonVuaghanB. JohnsonBennettSnodgrass RBCBGKThat makes 8 out of Lambert''s 7 so unless Lambert has changed his mind and gone for more players it might be between Bennett and Snodgrass. Saving £4M sounds good and will probably be able to spend more on the more important area (i.e CB).[/quote]

I hope that Bennet is not at the expense of Snodgrass, but if we are to look at reports yesterday, it appeared as though a fee had been agreed with Brighton whilst we had submitted a second bid for Snodgrass, so it appears as though Lambert wants both and rightly so as they are very different players

[/quote]Agreed, but does that mean Lamberts ''7'' players goes out the water? Because I am sure he will know we really need a RB cover, starting/competition CB and a starting/competition GK.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Blackpool signed Matt Phillips from League 2 (just been relegated from L1) Wycombe and whenever I saw him on MOTD I was very impressed. Bennett is a pacy winger with awesome delivery - proved by the staggering amount of assists he got last season! Would love this to happen - sign him up!

Morison
Vuaghan
B. Johnson
Bennett
Snodgrass
RB
CB
GK

That makes 8 out of Lambert''s 7 so unless Lambert has changed his mind and gone for more players it might be between Bennett and Snodgrass. Saving £4M sounds good and will probably be able to spend more on the more important area (i.e CB).
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, but does that mean Lamberts ''7'' players goes out the water? Because I am sure he will know we really need a RB cover, starting/competition CB and a starting/competition GK.
[/quote]

who knows, he may bring in more than 7 if some players such as Johnson are on a free, and thats if that story in Johnson has any legs in the first place. I''m still really hoping we can Snodgrass, quality player