Sign in to follow this  
Grow Up Mate

Elliot Bennett

sweet!! would be a great signing I think he would do really well and at a bargain price too!!

Interesting, would we go for both Bennett and Snodgrass ?Looks like Lambert is making a team out of the best of last seasons'' championship, plus Bennett.And why not ?

Awesome if true, he''d be my number 1 target for the summer. Great player, bags of assists, decent goals and comes across as the perfect Lambert player in the interviews I''ve seen.

Crikey, we really arent holding back are we.  Looks to me that we are going to buy young hungry attacking talent, and then maybe go for a bit of premiership experience at the back.  At least this is what i hope is going to happen.  That is what Blackpool lacked and i believe will be the difference between staying up and not.  Sign a real leader late 20''s, experneced in the prem to sit in the back 4 and command them and i think we will be really strong.  Maybe an experienced holding midfielder in there too.   Any realistic thoughts on CB of DM?

An absolute steal at just over 1 mil.

It really is a great time to be supporting Norwich. I love that we move so swiftly to bring players in.

Makes you wonder if we are bidding on Bennett and Snodgrass to play one off against the other. It makes our bargaining position with Leeds a lot stronger when we can say we are not increasing our bid and will be signing Bennett iminently should they not accept our bid for Snodgrass. But equally we could be going for both as we don''t really have any Premier quality right wingers at the moment.

Bennett has played in the centre in a Wessi sort of role too and Snodgrass has been playing a deep lying playmaker role for Leeds from what I hear, sort of Fox but without the tackling.

It really is exciting times and gives us so much confidence seeing that the club is being run by people who know what they are doing. How many times have we waited until later in the summer and been left with the players that nobody else wanted? The early bird catches the worm and all that - but we now seem to be the Cat who got the bird!

One of the great things about the players we are buying/trying to buy is that they cover all eventualities. They look like the type of players who could keep us up but would stay with us if we got relegated. They also look like they could be good investments and make us a profit should we sell in the future.

Amazing times.

The only word of our bidding on Snodgrass was the rumor First Wizard started over at the Leeds Mad website then referred to it over here as the "Leeds Boards" were talking about it. I doubt Lambert was ever considering him with Bennett possibly in the bag for the bargain price of 1 mil.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Snodgrass has been playing a deep lying playmaker role for Leeds from what I hear, sort of Fox but without the tackling.[/quote]Oh dear, he plays on the right of the attack in a 433.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Whoops I was thinking of Whittingham... sorry[/quote]No problem. Whittingham would be a good signing for competition with Surman.

Newyorkcanary, the Snodgrass thing came out this morning from Twitter rumours, from a local Leeds reporter apparently.  Leeds, in turn, haven''t denied it, so seems to be more in it than just Wiz''s earlier rumours...

With regards to Bennett, I think we could very well be going for both, to be honest.  Just think of this midfield choice next season:

Fox, Crofts, Surman, Hoolahan, Snodgrass, Bennett + maybe Pacheco + another to cover Fox (unless Lambo would just use Crofts there instead).  Maybe even Angela again?

This would give us, as the expression goes, options, to say the least!

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="Mahogany"]Whoops I was thinking of Whittingham... sorry[/quote]No problem. Whittingham would be a good signing for competition with Surman.[/quote]

Whittingham would be a great signing as it would give surman a kick up the backside on the odd occasion when he does have a bad game.

But then again, what would we do without Lappin??

With all the transfer talk it seems like Lambert is doing the complete opposite of conventional wisdom and building from the front.

I do hope we sign some defenders too! But blimey this club is exciting, for once the close season seems to have more action than the season!

if i dont refresh after a few minutes I keep thinking im gonna miss out on some more transfers lol

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Not seen the story confirmed anywhere else at the moment[/quote]

Thats what is concerning me at the moment, hoping someone pinkun/SSN etc. helps to shed some light either way!

I don''t think signing Bennett ends our interest in Snodgrass since the latter can be played in more than one position.

I''ve not known a time like this for Norwich City in the transfer market for YEARS. Everytime I login here there yet another attempt to sign someone. We are moving fast atm. Love it!!!

Exiting news! But where''s the CB''s we need and the GK...sorry for ruining the fun, but the defence surely is too light for the moment. Let''s go after some top quality CB''s too eg. Johnson or Tomkins, or...Green? Frazer?...

[quote user="Mahogany"]Bennett has played in the centre in a Wessi sort of role too and Snodgrass has been playing a deep lying playmaker role for Leeds from what I hear, sort of Fox but without the tackling.[/quote]This is false, Bennett is an out and out winger and Snodgrass is a rightsided midfield player!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Exiting news! But where''s the CB''s we need and the GK...sorry for ruining the fun, but the defence surely is too light for the moment. Let''s go after some top quality CB''s too eg. Johnson or Tomkins, or...Green? Frazer?...
[/quote]

Why bother, we are going to play 1-5-4 next year so won''t need any.