Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Lansbury to focus on Arsenal & England next season

Bly,this is old news as there was an article all about Lansbury and his intention to push for a place in the Arsenal squad on this site on 19th May.It also made reference to the England U21 European campaign for this summer.

All respect to Henri Lansbury he will be a prem class player, but he isn''t like JackW!! Lansbury will want to play week in week out to help his career, I can''t see that happening at Arsenal . I still think he will he here next season!

I also would love to see Lansbury back at Carrow Rd, and he sounds like he would be keen if things don''t work out at Arsenal, although I fear a repeat of the Fraser Forster situation this time last year.

I could see Arsenal wanting to take a look at him pre-season, Lambert moves on and Lansbury ends up at another club on loan.

Probably never going to make the grade at Arsenal and being truthful, wasn''t even a 1st choice for us in the 2nd Division!!

Like last season I think Lansbury would be a very good squad player at Norwich next season!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]http://www.teamtalk.com/england/6965939/Henri-keen-to-follow-Wilshere So we''d better forget about him, I guess. OTBC[/quote]

Lansbury would not rule out a return to Norwich if necessary, having helped them earn promotion to the Premier League.

He added: "It''s always great to be promoted into the Premier League.

"Paul Lambert gave me my chance to do that and I thank him a lot.

"It was great, obviously, getting first-team experience again and playing week in, week out was great.

"Promotion''s massive and to get that at 20 years of age was great."

If he were to follow in Wilshere''s footsteps he would of been playing first team matches when he was 16!

still I reckon he will become regular on the arsenal bench next season getting the odd 20 minutes on the pitch, he deserves a lot more IMO.

[quote user="Liam"]If he were to follow in Wilshere''s footsteps he would of been playing first team matches when he was 16! still I reckon he will become regular on the arsenal bench next season getting the odd 20 minutes on the pitch, he deserves a lot more IMO.[/quote]

He''s a little silly in my opinion because i watched him this season and he a quality player really good, Premier League quality but Champions League and a team that want to win the league? No way is he that good, be much better coming out on loan again to us, like Wilshere to Bolton then going back to Arsenal next season and maybe then he will be good enough.

When , oh when, oh when are clubs going to wake up to the damage loan players are doing to the game?

The system allows the major clubs to have massive squads, sign many promising youngsters to hope that some will ultimately be good enough for them, safe in the knowledge that they can get other clubs to train them, coach them, develop them and increase their values just in case they don''t make it.

What would the likes of Arsenal do with another 17 or 18 (the number of players they had on loan last season) professional players at their club if they could not loan them out? Perhaps they would have to release a few and then perhaps other clubs could have a chance of picking up good players at reasonable prices.

All good young players are now snapped up by the top clubs and many of them have their progress stiffled by not having permanent clubs but by being pushed out on loan all the time. This is not only detrimental to the player but to English football in general and especially to the smaller clubs.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

When , oh when, oh when are clubs going to wake up to the damage loan players are doing to the game?

The system allows the major clubs to have massive squads, sign many promising youngsters to hope that some will ultimately be good enough for them, safe in the knowledge that they can get other clubs to train them, coach them, develop them and increase their values just in case they don''t make it.

What would the likes of Arsenal do with another 17 or 18 (the number of players they had on loan last season) professional players at their club if they could not loan them out? Perhaps they would have to release a few and then perhaps other clubs could have a chance of picking up good players at reasonable prices.

All good young players are now snapped up by the top clubs and many of them have their progress stiffled by not having permanent clubs but by being pushed out on loan all the time. This is not only detrimental to the player but to English football in general and especially to the smaller clubs.

[/quote]

[Y]

COYY!!

[quote user="Smudger"]I thought Wenger had told Lansbury that he wasn''t in his plans recently???
[/quote]

...........   but I bet he won''t sell him.

Another loan coming up, just in case, or at least increase his value. But to where?

Just think, he could come here and we could do such a wonderful job with him that we wouldn''t be able to afford him if Arsenal do finally decide to sell him.

Lansbury should hand in a transfer request then.I don''t think that he will ever play for Arsenal while Wenger is there.  Although that might not be for too much longer, as I think that quite a few Arsenal fans are beginning to lose patience with Wenger and his lack of Silverware in recent years.

Henri should consider some time out shredding paper, fitting tyres or putting up scaffolding as part of his personal development.

Seriously though, if he wants to be a top footballer he needs games and a manager who will play him as merit dictates. He fitted in well here and would be sensible to consider coming back permanently should he be given the chance.