Sign in to follow this  
unique

Norwich City / Paul Lambert are quickly setting the benchmark....

...for how to tackle promotion into and from the Championship....

Recognition/envy seems to be growing from fans of Championship clubs - it looks like ''the Norwich way'' could fast become the template for other clubs to follow.......

Thehappyseagull wrote:

I''m gutted. I wouldn''t blame Bennett for trying his hand in the Premier League. it just seems unfair that we''ve got promoted and our two best players have left us. This is a tough one to swallow.

Lambert is clever though, he''s not signing average Premiership players who would command big wages and not give everything for Norwich, he''s getting young, hungry footballers. Just a shame he got Crofts last year and (probably) Bennett this year.

I hope this doesn''t happen.

Top post. Agree entirely, Norwich have adopted the perfect strategy for success without ''doing a Wigan''.

It''s all sustainable growth and they are not only keeping the wages real by targetting who they are, but getting the benefit of that extra edge that a batch of hungry players provides individually AND as a team.

I believe we intend to follow a similar path, though it''s immensely frustrating that Norwich didn''t have to deal with another Norwich with their shrewd policy while we have i.e we lose some of our best where they didn''t. So a harder task I will be for us to try to achieve what they did as we have more rebuilding forced on us than they did.”

Benchmark? Benchmark!!!

You''d best not let some on this forum who think that they know better hear that word.

Dear, oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Benchmark? Benchmark!!! You''d best not let some on this forum who think that they know better hear that word. Dear, oh dear. OTBC[/quote]

[:^)]

Does this mean we''ll be getting teams following the "Norwich Model" just like Doomcaster tried to follow the "Charlton Model"?

Davo

My only concern is that the "hunger" these players have could lead to issues in the future.We''ve all seen the interview that Morison did with The Sun. Now while from a Norwich point of view it''s a great interview, turn it on it''s head and imagine how we''d feel if that was Grant Holt saying that about Norwich because a bigger club came in for him. We''d be as pi$$ed as the Millwall fans are.People are saying that we''re signing players that should be good enough to keep us up but if we do go down would stay with us and get us straight back up again. I think with some players (particularly Morison) this may not be the case. They will get a taste of the prem and do everything that they can to stay there. If our club does not meet the requirements then they will simply move on to one that will because they are so ambitious that they will not take the hit to their careers.Now I''m not saying it is not a good strategy that Lambert has put in place but we must not underestimate the gamble of signing such "hungry" players. This is not all that Lambert will be looking for. He will be looking for players that not only want to succeed and are ambitious, but that buy into the Norwich ethos of how they want to go about it and that they would want to stay with us for the long haul.I get that impression with players like Crofts, Holt, and R. Martin. Not so much with Morison.

Was reading the Qpr forum Loft for Words the other day and they had a thread on there "Norwich getting ripped off ", saying we were paying way over the odds for average Championship players with most agreeing we were spending good money on tat like it was going out of fashion . Huckerby tweeted the other day £3.5 million for Snodgrass ? time to add some proven Premiership players to the squad . Will buying Championship and League 1 players become a benchmark for Premiership survival  ? next season will give us the answer , if City stay up i am sure more managers will take that route in the future , personally i think 2 or 3 players with experience of the top flight would be no bad thing.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Benchmark? Benchmark!!! You''d best not let some on this forum who think that they know better hear that word. Dear, oh dear. OTBC[/quote]

[/quote]

Buy your leader a pint and I''m sure he''ll regale you for hours about his lack of regard for professional management  techniques.

Benchmarking? Bah!

Strategic Planning? Bah! 

Visioning and missioning? Bah!

SWOTing? Bah!

Goals and objectives? Bah!

The hardnosed businesslike approach of BowkettMcNallyLambert? I''d rather have Worthy quite frankly....

In fact, baaa........baaa......baaa......

[;)]

Come on you yellows!!

[quote user="Walphy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Buy your leader a pint and I''m sure he''ll regale you for hours about his lack of regard for professional management  techniques.

Benchmarking? Bah!

Strategic Planning? Bah! 

SWOTing? Bah!

The hardnosed businesslike approach of BowkettMcNallyLambert? I''d rather have Worthy quite frankly....

[;)]

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

I think this is the point when someone is supposed to shout " NURSE"[:''(]

i think they are doing it right this time around, hopefully Norwich wont sign another midget defender in the prem like Simon Charlton previous lol.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Walphy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Benchmarking? Bah!

Strategic Planning? Bah! 

SWOTing? Bah!

[;)]

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

nurse (nûrs) : A standard comment made by those who are not capable of comprehending opinions which are not their own.

Compliments of Hoolahan?Youlahan!

Do keep up, Plod.

[;)]

COYY!!

[quote user="Walphy"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Walphy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Benchmarking? Bah!

Strategic Planning? Bah! 

SWOTing? Bah!

[;)]

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

nurse (nûrs) : A standard comment made by those who are not capable of comprehending opinions which are not their own.

Do keep up, Plod.

[;)]

COYY!!

[/quote]

As they say if it looks like Bly and it reads like Bly it is Bly.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Walphy"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Walphy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Benchmarking? Bah!

Strategic Planning? Bah! 

SWOTing? Bah!

[;)]

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do keep up, Plod.

[;)]

COYY!!

[/quote]

As they say if it looks like Bly and it reads like Bly it is Bly.

[/quote]

Says our resident professional sleuth. Hmmmm.

By the way, have you got in touch with your leader yet about his benchmark allergy?

COYY!!

[quote user="Ncfc"]Was reading the Qpr forum Loft for Words the other day and they had a thread on there "Norwich getting ripped off ", saying we were paying way over the odds for average Championship players with most agreeing we were spending good money on tat like it was going out of fashion . Huckerby tweeted the other day £3.5 million for Snodgrass ? time to add some proven Premiership players to the squad . Will buying Championship and League 1 players become a benchmark for Premiership survival  ? next season will give us the answer , if City stay up i am sure more managers will take that route in the future , personally i think 2 or 3 players with experience of the top flight would be no bad thing.[/quote]I am not fussed about bringing any Premiership cast-offs in.  Plenty of talent to be scooped up from elsewhere to avoid doing that if you ask me.  As for QPR, should they not just focus on getting some players of any kind of calibre in themselves?  Blimey the best striker they currently have is a toss up between Helguson, Mackie and Tommy Smith.  Hardly set the world alight at even Championship level for quite a while any of them.The QPR fans must just be jealous that we have landed Morison and Vaughan, while Swansea have landed Graham while they are in desperate need of signing at least 3 or 4 strikers of a similar kind of quality.