Sign in to follow this  
Walphy

You hear the one about Simeon?

Apparently Malky wants him!

How much do you reckon he''s worth now!

COYY!!

Have to say I really hope we give him a chance next season, honestly think he deserves a chance after his end of season form. He has shown that if he wants he can be a deadly finisher and think he could knock in a few goals in the prem, but I think its inevitable that Vaughan will be starting alongside Holt and with Morrison coming in its hard to see him getting a look in

Couldn''t disagree more. Morison, Holt, Vaughan and Jackson all finished the last season as Championship players and which of those offered the biggest goal threat for the last 10 games? Jackson is a man with a previously good goal record who took time to adapt but when he did looked razor-sharp and he has more pace than any of the other strikers. I''m not saying he''s a stick-on selection but he definitely deserves strong consideration and at this moment in time I would definitely choose him to start with Holt. No doubt Lambert will pick his team based on pre-season form but I see no reason that Jackson will be shuffled down the pecking order by players whom he is currently playing better than.

I''m pretty sure Jackson is going to be starting the first game of the season for us. He played too well at the end of last season to be dropped. Lambert won''t drop him just because he paid more for Vaughan/Morison.

As for selling him? No way, not for less than Watford are getting for Graham.

Depends whether you consider Simeon Jackson to be the full-value player we thought we''d bought last August, or whether you have concerns he''ll take a similar length of time to adapt to the Premier League.

Play him and we''ll soon see. Don''t play him and we''ll never know. But that can be said for each and every one of the squad members can''t it? Who''d be a football manager!

The best thing is PL can watch them all in action during pre-season (a huge benefit of signing players nice and early!) and base his decision on their playing form come August.