Sign in to follow this  
scotty is here LOL

Bradley Johnson 3 year deal ?

this is one rumour i would not necessarily like to see happen.

however, in lambert we trust!

On a free transfer this is a very good deal.Similar to the Crofts style of player who gets stuck in, but can still pass a ball and has a damn good strike on him.In contract would easily have commanded 2mil so would be an excellent bit of business.

Have to agree with Canary on the Trent. Last season when we wanted someone more physical at the base of the diamond we moved Crofts there, stopping him from getting forward and assisting in attacking movements. I think the signing of Johnson offers us someone who can do that more physical role at the base without meaning we have to compromise Crofts ability to get forward.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]On a free transfer this is a very good deal.Similar to the Crofts style of player who gets stuck in, but can still pass a ball and has a damn good strike on him.In contract would easily have commanded 2mil so would be an excellent bit of business.[/quote]Leeds Fan In Peace, just came here to see what you are saying about taking half our midfield!!on Johnson, Physically he is built for the Premier league, also his workrate and fitness is good , but he doesnt really have a footballing brain, he is the sort of player that would fit in well at Stoke. could be good but will never be BrilliantHis ''''Damn Good Strikes''''are 1 in every 50,000, give it a couple of games and you will be shouting Pass at him! on Snoddy, Sometimes in looks like in could play for Chelsea or Arsenal, but other times he looks like he couldn''t even get  in at Ipswich(see what i did there), so inconsistent would be the word for him and sometimes he seems unfit, but that said if he takes to the big league, you will be trying to fit his name in a song in no time(we haven''t dont it in 3 yeas!!). Most Leeds fan would be sad to see him go5m seems a lot but with Aston Villa and Newcastle also interested its probably pushed his price up a bit,  

If anybody can get Snodgrass to perform week in week out its Lambert, he''s obviously got the ability.

As with Johnson, from what i''ve seen you''re spot on but Lambert has been superb when giving players roles that play to their strengths but minimize their weaknesses. If Johnson comes in, Lambert will no doubt utilise him as and when needed for the good of the team. We''re going to have to adapt our game at times and mix it.

Leeds fan of 30+ years here...Johnson is a below average Championship player - a real plodder BUT he is decent in the air and can fill in at left back, left mid or centre midfieldHis decision making and control are poor. His passing has improved but still not great. In all honesty he''s a big lump that can''t really tackle, run, pass or shoot straight. I''m glad we''re getting shot of him as we will never go up with him in the middle.Not sour grapes - just an honest opinion.On the other hand Snoddy is a class, class act. He can rip teams apart just with skill (he has no pace, but nor did Eddie Gray and he just waltz past players like Snoddy). Teams did suss him out little by doubling up and cutting off his supply but that wasn''t his fault! I hope he stays at Leeds cos he is a joy to watch at times but the Premiership beckons. btw - they both like a pint so you''ll see plenty of them in the pubs and clubs in Norwich! (you do have nightclubs there?!) Values..Johnson  300k at best.Snoddy £5mGood luck next season!

I seriously hope this is a load of tosh. I''ve stated in the past how rubbish the guy is and he is one of the reasons Leeds play terrible long ball stuff. Don''t do it Lambo!

It''s nice to hear intelligent and reasoned contributions from some pleasant Leeds fans!

Thanks guys - good luck next year (but I fear it will be a much stronger competition than 2010-11).

Bradley Johnson is never worth £2m Indy Jones!

I agree with some of the Leeds fans here; £300k tops. Useful squad player though? Bit concerned over his supposed lack of basic skills - a football brain is a pre-requisite!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

It''s nice to hear intelligent and reasoned contributions from some pleasant Leeds fans!

Thanks guys - good luck next year (but I fear it will be a much stronger competition than 2010-11).

[/quote]Most us are OK really! The seat smashing, train wrecking, disabled fans attacking, Nazi-saluting days are long gone!The "Bradley Johnson = Andy Hughes" is a decent comparision although Johnson has a bit more power and can dominate in the air.Hughes was awful for Leeds but his attitude was unreal for us and he acquired cult status. Johnson was booed off a few times for Leeds and a few fans called him summat like a "cult"Next year - if Lambert buys the cream of the Championship (as Swansea and QPR will no doubt do) then we''ll be fine - each team will be weakened in key areas for next season .(re. Leeds - I''d cash in on Snoddy  and play a narrower midfield with just Gradel wide and buy 2 class CMs with the dosh)so....Leicester, Leeds and Boro will be right up there and Forest, Hull and West Ham will be close too.Should be a cracker though with 10-12 teams all in with a great chance.Just hope you lot are competitive in the Prem (gives us all a glimmer of hope).p.s thanks for Huckerby in the Masters!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Or another Andrew Crofts?[/quote]Exactly,  what Lambert can get out of average looking players on paper is incredible.  If he can do similar with million pound plus players.  It''ll be one hell of a season.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Bradley Johnson is never worth £2m Indy Jones!

I agree with some of the Leeds fans here; £300k tops.[/quote]

It''s not about what he''s worth, but what sort of price he''d likely command, and if he was on a 2-3 year contract with Leeds, I''d suggest they''d be looking for the sort of figure I mentioned if a club registered their interest.

Either way, he''s still a damn good option on a free transfer.