Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Andy Linighan

No, not another transfer rumour, just an interesting interview.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_my_whites_playing_days_linighan_interview_1_3452193

Yet despite some halcyon days with a footballing institution in Arsenal, Linighan insists the happiest time of his career was in East Anglia.

He said: “My only regret is that I didn’t play in the first division until I was 28.

“But I really enjoyed my time at Norwich and that was probably the best club for me. I enjoyed the football and we tried to play total football."

It''s great that you often hear players say that Norwich was one of the best times for them, or just chose to live there when they retire.

Top top player! He scored a few goals from set pieces to. The team he played in was full of unfancied players released by the big teams or picked up from the lower leagues and they were not to far away from doing the double in the late 80''s. Just like Lambert is doing now and hopefully we will be able to upset some of the more established teams this year.

Andy said it was the best time in football here and you get the feeling that the club has recreated the same togetherness and will to win again.