Sign in to follow this  
Felixfan

When will we get the money?

How is our spending spree being financed? Do we already have all or part of the £40m or is there a football credit sceme and a massive settlement date whe all transfers are cleared?

im pretty sure that we get it in installments throughout the season. I also believe that the £40m is a minimum and based on the league finish and tv apps we get more (i heard somewhere that it was £700,000 per league position)

yup the 40 million is minimum and is paid in installments over the season. Accordingly transfer fees are paid over the course of the season on or just after the installment dates in most cases. 20th place gets 700k prize money and you get an extra 700k for every place higher so  the minimum is really 40.7 million.

Norwich will get the money from Sky on a monthly basis, with a fixed rate + additional fees if games are televised. The rest is paid to Norwich as a lump sum at the end of the season depending on which position the club finishes.

Most transfers are also based on monthly installments, so the club probably haven''t paid a huge amount up front. Either that or Delia is putting it on her credit card and getting a lot of air miles.

I wonder if Delia is also trying to collect Nectar points, or has she fallen out with Sainsburys since they ditched her for that lisping muppet?

The break down of money is as follows (if anyone actually cares);

£13.8m for domestic TV rights

£17.9m for overseas TV rights

£582,000 per live TV game (a minimum of £5.82m even if less than 10 games shown live)

£756,000 per place in the League

This equals £38.27m from TV rights and prize money alone. There is also an increase in revenue but that is hard to estimate (I guess casual tickets will be more expensive and visiting fans will be paying more than last season)