Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahan? Youlahan!

Cody McDonald AGAIN. Deal with it.

Right, more than had enough of ''Bring thet Cooody baack Nael'' now.If we were to sign a striker who''d been scoring goals freely in League Two now, but with no Norwich affiliation like Crewe''s 28 goal Clayton Donaldson, we''d hear nothing but ''lack of ambition'' ''prudence'' ''we need to do better than that at Prem level'' ''surely there''s someone better out there'' but if it was Cody it''d be like the bloody second coming for some of you I swear.Yes Cody McDonald is a talented lad, but he is NOT good enough for a Premier League Norwich City.Get over it.

And you gleaned that from what exactly? The fact that I don''t think that a striker NOT attracting any evident Premier League or for that matter Championship interest is good enough for the Prem? That seems pretty sensible to me. But fine, Mr Manager, let''s go with Donaldson and McDonald up front and get relegated in spectacular style. I''m SO glad you''re not Paul Lambert.Do you even go to games? Ever?

I think it is a valid point, if we had signed a proficient League Two striker the board would be alight with comments about the lack of ambition and how the quality of opposition the goals came against was not good enough, this has to apply in the case of Cody and maybe shows why we should give those coming in the chance to perform before we write them off.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]I think it is a valid point, if we had signed a proficient League Two striker the board would be alight with comments about the lack of ambition and how the quality of opposition the goals came against was not good enough, this has to apply in the case of Cody and maybe shows why we should give those coming in the chance to perform before we write them off. [/quote]Apparently that makes you as deranged as me.The deranged are in the majority :O Tommy, get my gun

anyone remember his goal on his debut? first game as a professional footballer in front of 24,000 people in the championship against a decent side in Cardiff and he had a lot to do, rounded the keeper and put it away magnificently. i still firmly believe he could score in the premier league, he has all the attributes. he only lacks experience and opportunity.

No you''re completely missing the point. Nobody, not even Cody''s mum (aka Paul Moy) thinks Cody should be starting in the team next year.I agree with you. Got that?In fact EVERYONE agrees with you.So why in God''s name did you start up a post, in the middle of nowhere & nothing in particular, about ... what exactly?? Do you shout at the telly?I just don''t really understand what the problem is.

One of the other threads ended up discussing Steve Morrison and whether or not he was good enough, the comment was made that Cody had the potential to be the best striker at the club...I think this thread came from that.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
No you''re completely missing the point. Nobody, not even Cody''s mum (aka Paul Moy) thinks Cody should be starting in the team next year.

I agree with you. Got that?

In fact EVERYONE agrees with you.

So why in God''s name did you start up a post, in the middle of nowhere & nothing in particular, about ... what exactly?? Do you shout at the telly?

I just don''t really understand what the problem is.

[/quote]

This

All i would say to this matter is loan cody to a championship club for a season. If he is prolific in that league whether we stay up or go down we can use him cant we?

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]One of the other threads ended up discussing Steve Morrison and whether or not he was good enough, the comment was made that Cody had the potential to be the best striker at the club...I think this thread came from that.[/quote]Exactly this.Sorry next time I want to start a thread I''ll census the entire demographic and ask ''ron obvious'' if it''s alright to start a thread.I have seen plenty of people say on threads on here that we don''t need to sign strikers because we''ve got Cody, and that''s just stupid.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]All i would say to this matter is loan cody to a championship club for a season. If he is prolific in that league whether we stay up or go down we can use him cant we?[/quote]I doubt this is realistic. I believe he only has one year on his contract, so loaning him out would be totally pointless unless he signs a new deal before he goes away. And Cody isn''t going to want to hang around forever, going on loan here and there, waiting for a chance with us.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]All i would say to this matter is loan cody to a championship club for a season. If he is prolific in that league whether we stay up or go down we can use him cant we?[/quote]only problem is that he is out of contract at the end of the coming season, so to do this we will have to sign him to a new contract. if we do sign him it would be the club saying that he may have a future at a higher level.

Yes your right there. But i feel Cody is a humble lad remember he was happy playing for the gills next season as well. I feel he will be happy to sign a new contract with the option to go out on loan again if i''m honest.

Guess we''d best make a decision on him soon then - extend his contract or sell him on. Bear in mind that Cody will be no better than 5th choice if he stays here next year. His chances will be few.

We may as well either extend his contract and then loan him out or, dare I say it, sell him on use the funds towards our prem campaign

Anyone would think its everyone who wants Cody back...

You do know its about two posters? And another few who think he deserves a chance.... Get over yourself

Then your out of touch with our fanbase. Majority believe cody deserves a chance in some form. I believe send him out on loan and go from there. Put another year on his contract, he wont be getting paid much and a championship team will pay his wages anyway.

In what way?

There are loads of posts on here with people saying Cody is rubbish and no good, and at the most he should go on loan to a Championship team. There are very few people who want him here. Please find me 5 examples of different people wanting him to be a Norwich player next season...

Gingerpele Norwich city fc does not revolve around the pinkun message board. Go to games sit in pubs go fora drink in the bar at half time and you will see what people think. Most people feel he deserves to stay hes scored alot of goals and is a natural goal scorer. Bring him up a few levels and give him a go. We have nothing to lose on him.

I have never heard any comments like that elsewhere. Just because you say ''most people'' (i trust you have heard/spoken to at least 20,000 fans on the matter? Of which all want him to stay) it doesn''t mean its true.

And we do have something to lose.... One of the 25 squad places. We now have Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Morrison, Martin, Johnson, Wilbraham, MacDonald as the strikers, no more than 5 will be registered to play you would assume, so unless Chris Martin is being sold, there is no place for Cody.

You do talk some rubbish pele. First of all i said put him out on loan therefore no place taken up. Then you say if i asked 20,000 people if they want cody to stay and even if they say yes i am still wrong. Do you live in another parallel universe where everything is backwards?

Consider these relative stats:

Cody @ age 24 2010/11 - League 2 - 1.67 games per goal

Holt @ age 24  2004/05 - League 2 - 2.35 games per goal

Morison @ age 24 2007/08 - Non-league - 1.95 games per goal

I''m not quite sure what that proves other than the fact that if Holt and Morison can make it to the Prem there is no reason why Cody can''t.  Maybe he''s not quite ready yet, but could be in a couple of years?

There you go pele even some stats for you football science non intellects. Give him a chance send him out on loan. Re access next year.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Do you shout at the telly?[/quote]Please don''t tell me that everybody doesn''t shout at the telly?

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]One of the other threads ended up discussing Steve Morrison and whether or not he was good enough, the comment was made that Cody had the potential to be the best striker at the club...I think this thread came from that.[/quote]I have seen plenty of people say on threads on here that we don''t need to sign strikers because we''ve got Cody, and that''s just stupid.[/quote]Yes, though we did get some amusement out of it.http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2542722/ShowPost.aspx