Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think CMS would go to QPR over us if they offered him more cash.[/quote]

If he was after the cash then he could have moved some time ago. I think he seems like the sort of player who will make whatever move he makes for the right footballing/family reasons. You would like to think that on that front working with lambert would appeal but having said that he''s apparently a Watford lad so a move to west london may also appeal.

Though nothing is confirmed, it''s between us and QPR Jim. You have to believe, if he opts for QPR, that they''ve offered much more money than we have.

on the Sky Sports Transfer clockwatch thing it has:

@SkySportsbucko: According to reports in the local media, Norwich City are the Premier League club to have had a bid accepted by Peterborough United for striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

[quote user="BarclayBoy"]Just seen CMS in morrisons![/quote]I''ve just seen Morison in Smiths!!! (WHSmith...)looks like we''re getting them both boys ...

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Mixed reports then. A few at Sky saying it''s QPR.[/quote]

yea, apparently Simon Thomas on SSN has tweeted saying QPR are leading the way but the link below has the ''latest'' news...

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

@SkySportsbucko: 
According

to reports in the local media, Norwich City are the Premier League club

to have had a bid accepted by Peterborough United for striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

I know the sightings of CMS are all in light hearted nature, but he tweeted earlier that he was at home laying in the sun with his dog. I''m thinking he''s a bit of a Keith Lard (Phoenix Nights fans will know what I mean).

This CMS story is dragging its heels and doing my head in now. Been going on since march!

Got to love the speculation tho, not as if we got footy to watch is it!

The Posh chairman has said that they have lined up a new striker for whom they are paying a club record transfer fee. The current record is the £400K they paid us for Joe Lewis who is apparently leaving them this close season. Their Chairman says the new fee will be substantially more than the current record. Could this be £700K say for Cody McDonald?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Though nothing is confirmed, it''s between us and QPR Jim. You have to believe, if he opts for QPR, that they''ve offered much more money than we have.[/quote]

Possibly. Or maybe he just wants to live in/near London. That is unfortunately an advantage that QPR have over us. We all know what a lovely place to live Norfolk is but for most footballers London will clearly have the edge. I am led to believe that lambert has a sizeable budget therefore I think we will be competitive on the wage front with the likes of QPR. Despite the fact they are owned by very wealthy men, they don''t put much of their own money into the club so are as reliant on the sky money as we are.

[quote user="NCFCmonkey"]on the Sky Sports Transfer clockwatch thing it has: @SkySportsbucko: According to reports in the local media, Norwich City are the Premier League club to have had a bid accepted by Peterborough United for striker Craig Mackail-Smith.[/quote]

The key words here are "local media" - Can''t see anything in Peterborough''s rags so perhaps SSN have been fooled by the pinkun''s misleading headline as well?

As for Cody going to Peterborough, apparently it''s a million pound that Posh are paying for CMS''s replacement. Don''t think Cody is worth that much!

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Chris Martin to Posh?[/quote]That would be my guess too , the Chairman says they already have CMS replacement sorted and he will be the clubs record buy , to me that could well be Chris Martin.

It would seem that the player is away on holiday so in any event the fact that Posh have accepted an offer by no means makes it a done deal.

QPR seem to have cash which in theory puts them at an advantage but it does not seem a happy club with a question mark over warnock and unhappy fans due to ticket prices

I do not think you can underestimate the potential lure of Lambert as a manager regardless of the club. This could be a big factor provided the price is right

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Chris Martin to Posh?[/quote]

That would be my guess too , the Chairman says they already have CMS replacement sorted and he will be the clubs record buy , to me that could well be Chris Martin.
[/quote]

I really hope not

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Chris Martin to Posh?[/quote]

That would be my guess too , the Chairman says they already have CMS replacement sorted and he will be the clubs record buy , to me that could well be Chris Martin.
[/quote]

Or any other up and coming striker for around the million pound mark, I''m sure there are quite a few. Also, if this was the case and we were still after CMS surely the headline would read "Posh accept cash plus player bid"?

[quote user="natncfc"]This CMS story is dragging its heels and doing my head in now. Been going on since march!

Got to love the speculation tho, not as if we got footy to watch is it![/quote]Tell me about it, everyday I log on here hoping to hear new news about CMS or other transfer signings and more often than not I''m left frustrated with no concrete evidence as to what will happen. Like you say it beats waiting for the fixture list to come out.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="natncfc"]This CMS story is dragging its heels and doing my head in now. Been going on since march! Got to love the speculation tho, not as if we got footy to watch is it![/quote]

Tell me about it, everyday I log on here hoping to hear new news about CMS or other transfer signings and more often than not I''m left frustrated with no concrete evidence as to what will happen. Like you say it beats waiting for the fixture list to come out.
[/quote]

Fixture list comes out mid June doesn''t it?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Am I right in thinking that we have some more money coming our way re Joe Lewis given POSH''s promotion?

[/quote]If that''s the case, you must be assuming we gave them a refund the season before when they were relegated. [:S]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393264/Norwich-set-beat-Everton-Wigan-QPR-3m-Craig-Mackail-Smith.html

A handy buy for £3 million. Hopefully we are only targetting one more striker and we can now concrentrate on other areas aka a centre back and two midfielders.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Chris Martin to Posh?[/quote]That would be my guess too , the Chairman says they already have CMS replacement sorted and he will be the clubs record buy , to me that could well be Chris Martin.[/quote]Oh dear oh dear, I am glad that you two ain''t our manager if you would sell somebody with the talent of Chris Martin (who also has at least a couple of years to run on his contract) for £1 million.

doesn''t it seem rather odd, that if you were on the verge of tying up what could possibly be the most important contract of your professional life -for whichever club it might be - you would bugger off on holiday ?!?