Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]rofl think I better learn to read.I was wondering what the ...was joanna on about:).A PREM club oops :)[/quote]

Don''t worry you''re not the only one fooled by that and it''s not the first time the pinkun has put up a "loose" leader to get the readers in.

Let''s face it, nobody knows who the firm offers are from, so people saying we''ve signed him are wrong. Posh say no decision on CMS''s future will be made until he returns from holiday.

Ian McGarry ''Football analyst. Journalist, broadcaster and writer. Member of Radio 5Live Monday Night Club'' put on Twitter: ''Both and have made offers for striker Craig Mackail-Smith. I think only the QPR one been accepted at the moment.''

The Pink''un headline may appear misleading, but it may just be their way of saying ''We know something, but don''t want to upset the club by fully spilling the beans''. Or it may just be that QPR''s bid has been accepted. Got a feeling it might be us, perhaps Millwall are pricing Morison out of the move and Lambert''s thinking CMS would be a better signing for the money. We shall see...

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]QPR are one of the clubs who have had an offer accepted for CMS. Simon Thomas, Twitter.[/quote]

Wrong. Come on we get enough sensationalism from the Journo''s can we at least stick to facts on our side of the fence.

What Simon Thomas said is that "it sounds like QPR are leading the race". He did not say that QPR have had on offer accepted.

Whats everyones thoughts, do you think we have him?

Based on what me and my mates have heard and before you say it yes its ''rumours'' that CMS is ours for 4 million quid.

Lets wait and see.

Well surely QPR being at the front of the queue means they''ve had a bid accepted?? Otherwise what does being at the front of the queue mean?

Is their another queue for bidding clubs?

Well if the fee is £4 million which has been mentioned then QPR are welcome to him , these strikers we are being linked with have hardly any Championship experience let alone the top flight . Millwall want around £3 million for Morison and he''s only been out of non league 2 or 3 seasons , ridiculous.

QPR can financially out-muscle us with all transfers, so anyone we want, they seem to want too. Could be a case of letting them pay over the odds for CMS and Morison, and us going for other options.

Good post pal,

Totally agree smaller clubs with big price tags on their best players, which is obvious. Yes not much Championship experience and 4 million is alot of dosh for CMS or Morison, glad I am not a manager it must be hard satisfying us lot on here!!!

Well lets wait and see, Im all for these types of players getting a shot at the big time, I think CMS would be a good signing, not sure on Morison tho.

oh well, if we get him it''ll be a touch...if we dont get him lets not get silly and say "we should have upped our offer a few months ago" as he would have most likely started and could have taken a while to settle meaning the then not in form Simeon Jackson would have played...and we all know what happened there.

Millwall will cave in for SM anyway.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3612467/Norwich-close-to-completing-a-deal-for-Peterboroughs-Craig-Mackail-Smith.html

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Stop the press, i got a phone call from a mate who was at the canary store at carrow road who said he saw CMS going into Yellows.  He has since called back and said he doesnt think its him? Sorry for bullsh*t post.
[/quote]

Well at least we know for sure it is either CMS or Bullard as they are the only 2 blokes who have a hairstyle like that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Few things to throw into the mix:

1. Everyone talking about CMS not being proven - Unfortunately this is the kind of player that Lambert is looking for, and there aren''t many about in our price range.

2. Recent peterborough players have become very loyal servants to our club, probably because they have not got to move from an already settled location.

With those 2 points factored in, i can''t see us missing out on the guy.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Well surely QPR being at the front of the queue means they''ve had a bid accepted?? Otherwise what does being at the front of the queue mean?

Is their another queue for bidding clubs?[/quote]

thats exaclty it Row D. Its all speculation. Front of the queue, leading the race, bids accepted by Prem clubs. Its all buzz words used by the papers to shift copies.

I prefer to ignore the waffle and only listen when Lambert talks.

Only listening when Lambert talks doesn''t leave you with too much then, does it? He never has a huge amount to say, which I like by the way.

As far as I''m aware Simon Thomas doesn''t work for a newspaper so is not trying to "shift copies". He was merely replying to Huckerby''s tweet about CMS. Thomas saying SSN understand QPR are heading the queue surely means they''ve at least bid for him?!

Biggest indication yet that CMS is Norwich bound. He just re-tweeted someone who''d mentioned a move to Norwich. He doesn''t usually do that.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Biggest indication yet that CMS is Norwich bound. He just re-tweeted someone who''d mentioned a move to Norwich. He doesn''t usually do that.[/quote]

Just seen that too and was going to post.

Interesting.

He must get loads of tweets from NCFC fans, but yeah interesting he re-tweeted that one especially with Everton and QPR "reportedly" interested.

Despite what some others may think I think he would be a great partner for Holt, add Jackson and Vaughan into the mix and we have a healthy looking front line.

All I can say is I am happy to see that we are being linked with the sort of players I feel could do well for us.

People who bang on about the likes of Klose or Owen just don''t realise that who-ever the player, there is no guarantee that their move will be successful. Look at Sutton moving to Chelsea as an example.

Owen has just signed on for another year at Man Utd and at 31 is not the player he once was and has made a handful of appearances this season due to injury. That in itself is a risk.

Who else is there out there that is a more economic gamble? Graham, Long, Morison, CMS for me are the types we should be aiming at. But the chances are so are other clubs.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Sorry I''m illtwitterate. What is retweeting and why does it suggest CMS'' on his way?[/quote]

Someone had written a tweet which referred to CMS being on his way to Norwich and praised the Posh fans for supporting him up until the end. CMS then retweeted it. Retweeting is taking a  tweet someone else has posted and reposting it to highlight it.

Could just mean he''s off somewhere and wanted the thanks to the Posh fans to be highlighted or could be some other reason he retweeted that particular tweet. Apparently he has since deleted it which is even more interesting!

"What is retweeting"if you like what someone says, you have the option of repeating it, so that your followers can see it."why does it suggest CMS'' on his way?"Arguably it shows his interest in Norwich.