Sign in to follow this  

Hope it''s right ... but it is the Daily Mail!

I suppose that there is a first time for everything.....?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Am I right in thinking that we have some more money coming our way re Joe Lewis given POSH''s promotion?

[/quote]If that''s the case, you must be assuming we gave them a refund the season before when they were relegated. [:S][/quote]

Maybe all his talk about the Lunatic Tendancy has literally rubbed off on poor old Tangie.[;)]

Sky have also indicated that Norwich are close to agreeing terms with him after having bid accepted so might have some truth in it.

I also heard we set to wrap up the deal. I have heard fee''s upto 4.6m!! Please tell me that aint true!!

Only from stuff I read on the net and twitter but still please tell me it won''t be that bloody much if this happens!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Chris Martin to Posh?[/quote]That would be my guess too , the Chairman says they already have CMS replacement sorted and he will be the clubs record buy , to me that could well be Chris Martin.[/quote]Oh dear oh dear, I am glad that you two ain''t our manager if you would sell somebody with the talent of Chris Martin (who also has at least a couple of years to run on his contract) for £1 million.[/quote]If Lambert thought that highly of him he would not be trying to sign every striker on the market just now . Chris Martin very good league 1 striker who failed to put the ball in the net a league higher . £1 million would be a very good price for him .

I think the £1million price tag is probably rubbish, or at best, the full fee that would be recieved after appearances etc etc. Well known fact that clubs pretend to spend more on players than what they really have - apparently it keeps the supporters happy knowing reasonable money has been spent. My bet is it''s likely to be Cody going to Peterborough - Am really hoping it isn''t Chris Martin anyway (not that I have anything against Cody).

by all means they can have Cody. But to sell Chris Martin to Posh in return for CMS would be insane, especially for 1 million! Chris Martin has scored more goals at Championship level and is a much more technically gifted footballer, not to mention he has age on his side. I think if he hadn''t of got injured this season he would have held on to his place in the team. He just needs to sort his attitude this coming season and he might have an important part to play. imo CMS isn''t good enough for the prem, he needs another season in the Championship to prove himself, at least.

Still refuse to believe newspaper/SSN speculation, personally, but I''d be happier if this one was true than that ridiculous Bullard idea...

Although, that said, I wonder if Morison might be more likely given that he''s more of a Grant Holt back-up...?

CMS was on Twitter yesterday. He''s in Peterborough "just enjoying a few days off", which I take to mean he''s either leaving for holiday a few days late after sorting out his transfer to wherever or the whole holiday thing''s a smokescreen.

strikers done then unless jackson leaves. Vaughan Holt CMS and Jacskon really could be a handful even in the premier league and probably would all stay if the worst happens and rip up the championship. 5 left of lamberts 7 wich would leave us wanting a keeper, right back, centre back, winger and a centre mid?

Chris Lakey in today''s ~EDP ''QPR Said To Have Won Race To Land Craig''. Cites ''the word from the capital''. He probably doesn''t know any more than any other journalist though.

Hearing conflicting stories here because a lot of QPR fans on Twitter believe that we have won the race to sign CMS.

I''m sick of typing CMS so the sooner this gets done with, the better.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''m sick of typing CMS so the sooner this gets done with, the better.

[/quote]You really don''t have to.......

I think, honestly, for the money, we can do better than CMS.

I just wonder if Lambert may surprise us here - Someone we''re not expecting goes to Posh as part of a ''cash plus player deal for CMS''?. Like Jackson perhaps?

I can''t see him releasing Jackson, he bought him here!

[quote user="AJ"]I can''t see him releasing Jackson, he bought him here![/quote]

Must stress that it''s just a scenario that crossed my mind, AJ. I do agree with you, but we know Lambert has a habit of springing the odd surprise or two!. Much more likely Cody if indeed we''re still after CMS.

That''s all right Alex, I wasn''t saying you were seriously suggesting it, just adding my own two cents ;). I think Cody is more likely for the exit, I would imagine both C. Martin and Jackson will stay as they could hav a part to play whereas Cody is unproven at a high level.

[quote user="AJ"]That''s all right Alex, I wasn''t saying you were seriously suggesting it, just adding my own two cents ;). I think Cody is more likely for the exit, I would imagine both C. Martin and Jackson will stay as they could hav a part to play whereas Cody is unproven at a high level.[/quote]

All of those are unproven at the higher level but I would keep all until we have tested them.    

I''ve no idea whether Cody will make the grade, but I think it would be daft to simply ''offload'' him just now. What would we get for him? How much is he costing us? I think it would make much more sense to extend his contract & send him out on loan to a Champ. side. If he does well, his value will rocket. If not, I doubt he''ll be worth much less than he is now. Good odds, I reckon.

I don''t think we''d let him go unless it was for a fair bit of money. He definitely knows where the net is, and might have a part to play for the club. He is still relatively young, and might be a late bloomer. Worth keeping in my opinion, it''s not like we have to sell to create funds.

Don''t be stupid we would never get rid of Jackson just like that. Yes the majority of his season wasn''t great but he more than made up for that during the closing stages and has way more than earnt his chance at the top flight.

[quote user="AJ"]I can''t see him releasing Jackson, he bought him here![/quote]

Lambert bought Jackson for the Championship.  He bought McNamee too, but I cant imagine that AMcN will be featuring too many times in the Prem.  Having said that, Lambert has also stated that the squad [that came up from L1] have deserved their chance

Lambert will bring in players that will add something to the side.  CMS would certainly fit that mould, its just a case as to whether we need him.  I''d estimate that we will have 5 strikers for our 25 man squad (not including the younger players) Holt, Vaughan, Morrison are nailed on 3.  Jackson likely to be 4.  Which means 5 likely to be CMS,  C Martin or Cody

Having had our offer for Steve Morison accepted by Millwall - the player''s terms presumably won''t be a problem -I smehow think we won''t now be getting CMS.According to motormouth Barry Fry in today''s Peterborough Evening Telegraph " there are a dozen clubs interested now ". Quite how that fits in with Posh saying they''ve accepted a bid I really don''t know except perhaps that dear old Barry must be trying to get an auction going. Cutting through all the hype Fry does say that neither ourselves or Everton are the clubs who have made the successful bid.Of course what happens in the Peterborough Director of Football''s fantasy land and the real world is another matter......

AJ wrote:

I can''t see him releasing Jackson, he bought him here!

Lambert bought Jackson for the Championship. He bought McNamee too, but I cant imagine that AMcN will be featuring too many times in the Prem. Having said that, Lambert has also stated that the squad [that came up from L1] have deserved their chance

Lambert will bring in players that will add something to the side. CMS would certainly fit that mould, its just a case as to whether we need him. I''d estimate that we will have 5 strikers for our 25 man squad (not including the younger players) Holt, Vaughan, Morrison are nailed on 3. Jackson likely to be 4. Which means 5 likely to be CMS, C Martin or Cody

martin don''t have to be in the 25 as he is home grown, i think