Sign in to follow this  

I think Vaughan has come here instead of CMS. There looks to be a fair bit of interest in him but the prices being quoted for a 27 year old who has not even played in the championship yet are silly. Morison is i suspect the only other out and out striker we are after to offer competition/cover for Holt

I think it''s looking increasingly likely that CMS will end up in the Premier League with a team that is not us. Shame, but I don''t think Lambert likes being messed around.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I think Vaughan has come here instead of CMS. There looks to be a fair bit of interest in him but the prices being quoted for a 27 year old who has not even played in the championship yet are silly. Morison is i suspect the only other out and out striker we are after to offer competition/cover for Holt[/quote]

CMS has played in the championship 2 years ago for Posh, but never in the PL. I think we are still after another striker, and the rumours surrounding him aren''t going away, and if we don''t get Morison (QPR are reported to have offered double his wages) then we may well go back in for CMS.

I could give or take Morison to be honest. He looked poor for Wales against England. Didn''t know how to play against Terry.

I really want us to sign CMS but fear we won''t. QPR will probably get Morison and Graham, so hopefully that will leave CMS to us, but Everton are reportedly interested too in signing Boothroyd and CMS.

I think there is an outside chance it could be us.

Having said that, I wouldn''t think it is us.

I have a feeling he might be talking about Cody smashing their transfer record (400k for Joe Lewis) for maybe 600k?

Perhaps I''m reading too much in it but Lambo said yesterday that he tried to get Vaughan in January.

To me that could mean that when he failed he went after CMS. So I think CMS is not even being considered by us. Plus there is nothing worse on God''s earth than McNasty being messed with :-)

Yeah I agree. I''m not sure we tried that hard for CMS in January. I think it was more a case of we missed out on Vaughan, we then thought ''If we can get CMS for this price then it will be good business, if we can''t then we''ll move on''.

It seems Vaughan and Morison were our top targets.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Perhaps I''m reading too much in it but Lambo said yesterday that he tried to get Vaughan in January. To me that could mean that when he failed he went after CMS. So I think CMS is not even being considered by us. Plus there is nothing worse on God''s earth than McNasty being messed with :-)[/quote]

My thoughts as well, CMS was Plan D.

Starting to think Vaughan is a brilliant piece of business with some of the prices being thrown around.

£4m for Long, he had a good season but Holt finished higher then him in the top scorers this season (before play off''s).

I''m starting to get annoyed with QPR everyone we are linked with they try and get in with their money. Morison for one. Although I think £2.5 is too much, I think Lambert has someone up his sleeve. He always does.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]  £4m for Long, he had a good season but Holt finished higher then him in the top scorers this season (before play off''s)..[/quote]

I think they want £20m for him.

It''s crazy, I heard Celtic are weighing up £4m.

James Vaughan- Younger, More hungry, More Premier League experience and probably more potential.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Well we''ve had an offer for CMS accepted so i''m guessing he did want both[/quote]

Oh really?

Stop the press, i got a phone call from a mate who was at the canary store at carrow road who said he saw CMS going into Yellows.  He has since called back and said he doesnt think its him? Sorry for bullsh*t post.

I think you''re right Joanna, it''s misleading at first sight! Doubt very much that it''s us, in view of all the other interest.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]oh really what ?[/quote]

You said that we had had an offer for him accepted, that''s not the case. Unless, of course, you know different?

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Well we''ve had an offer for CMS accepted so i''m guessing he did want both[/quote]

How do you know?