Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Chelsea interest in our Chief Scout

I thought Chief Scouts were usually appointed by managers as one of their backroom staff so why would managerless Chelsea make such a move?[*-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I thought Chief Scouts were usually appointed by managers as one of their backroom staff so why would managerless Chelsea make such a move?[*-)][/quote]Because when someone like Abramovich is running the club, the manager has little control.

Also to add to this it would be a mini disaster if he is pinched from us. It''s these kind of people we need to hold on to to progress.

Chelsea were also rumoured to have bid around £250k for Jed Steer about 18 months ago. Just because Chelsea want someone doesnt mean we will naturally roll over without a fight.

If they want him, I don''t suppose that there is much we could do about it. Legal people might know, but the most I would have thought was the value of his contract - which won''t be much.

Do they put scouts on fixed term contracts or is it like any other job - you serve your notice then go?

Maybe its all part of a dastardly plan to disrupt us before we start to make trouble for the bigger boys next season?

Or maybe they''re after Lambert''s secrets to success on the cheap?

COYY!!

[quote user="Alex"]They can have him for £5million + Fernando Torres.[/quote]or £5.5m cash

I would be surprised if this was true. We seem to shop in league 1 and the championship whilst Chelsea spend millions on foriegn players, what would our scout know about those type of players?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Dont forget our German scout[/quote]

Our who? With all the players coming from League One/The Championship I wonder if Lambert has forgotten about a German scout. Not that I had ever heard of him.

Chelsea may have their scouting network set up in a similar way to Man City''s (ie) its separate and ''ring fenced'' away from the day to day management of the football clun-in other words, whoever the management team are, certain elements of the scouting team remain the same.

Would imagine Chelsea''s plans for someone like Chester would be to cover a specific area, rather than head up the whole team, as he does with us.