Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Press Conference 3.30pm

I wonder if it will just be the announcement that Morison''s signed a 3 year deal, or anyone else aswell?

BBC sport website reporting that Morison to be introduced at 15:30 this afternoon,no mention of any other players but frankly one at a time is fine by me.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]BBC sport website reporting that Morison to be introduced at 15:30 this afternoon,no mention of any other players but frankly one at a time is fine by me.[/quote]

Yep, that''s what I saw. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13634064.stm

I just tweeted Michael J Bailey on the subject of whether we will get an extra surprise, who replied to say "It''s scheduled as a chat with Morison and Paul, I''d be highly surprised if another seat were out".

Sounds like it''s just Morison then :)

i just tried to do our team sheet, including bennet and johnson any my word it was hard!

Up top id go holt partnering either morrison or vaughan i cant really split them. With jackson on the bench.

[quote user="City penguin"]

i just tried to do our team sheet, including bennet and johnson any my word it was hard!

Up top id go holt partnering either morrison or vaughan i cant really split them. With jackson on the bench.

[/quote]

So far (Inc. bennett and johnson) i''d go with:

Holt      Jackson

Hoolahan

Surman                         Bennett

Crofts

Tierney   Barnett   Whitbread   Martin

Ruddy

With Rudd, Ward, Johnson, Fox, Lappin Morison and Vaughan on the bench

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="City penguin"]

[/quote]

Holt      Jackson

Hoolahan

Crofts

Ruddy

[/quote]Bennett is an out and out wide man and to me would not be more suited to that role than Crofts. If Crofts does move to the base, his energy and goals will be missed. Expect to see Bennett in a 442/4231

Thats the dissapointing thing for me, spending all this money yet many like yourself would not change the line up from last season. None of the players we signing are improving the squad then?

Bennett only change?

Hope we make signings where our team from last season isn''t our strongest as no way will we survive in the prem if thats the case.The lads did great last season but no way will that 11 stay in the prem.

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="City penguin"]

[/quote]

Holt      Jackson

Hoolahan

Crofts

Ruddy

[/quote]Dont think Crofts should or will play at the base. Fox was statistically more effective and Crofts is an attacking midfielder - surely you''ve noticed! Also despite what im sure some people will say, Crofts isnt consistent with his tackling and mistimes many. If it isnt going to be Fox at the base, it will be a new signing or different formation altogether.

Starting line up>

Holt Vaughan

Hoolahan

Johnson Bennett

Crofts

Tierney Whitbread Barnett Martin

Ruddy

Subs: Rudd, Ward, Fox, Surman, Lansbury, Morison, Jackson.

We are getting the players in to enable us to play any formation. Question is though how well the existing players will adapt, I think times when we have tried something different we don''t seem to do so well.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Thats the dissapointing thing for me, spending all this money yet many like yourself would not change the line up from last season. None of the players we signing are improving the squad then?

Bennett only change?

Hope we make signings where our team from last season isn''t our strongest as no way will we survive in the prem if thats the case.The lads did great last season but no way will that 11 stay in the prem.[/quote]I dont think that we need to fiddle to much with the attacking elements of our team.  We were very free scoring, fluid attacking wise with goals of all kinds.  I think the front end is strong enough for the prem now.  I think that we will see more first teamers at the back end of the team where we werent so hot last year, at least 1 prem standard CB will come in i believe and possibly a strong, athletic, tough tackling defensive mid.  This is personally where i think the biggest money signings will be made, and because of this could take longer to negotiate and seal.  So im not worried yet, give Lambert 3-4 more weeks to sign these players, if not then you can start to be a little concerned but right now i dont think we need to get ahead of ourselves worrying about the starting lineup.i think Bennet has been bought (if indeed he has) to provide different options and to allow us to go to a more conventional 442 which i think will be used more often this season.  i would also think there will be at least 1 more out and out winger brought in, possibly Snodgrass although im not sure we will pay the quoted price for him.

I wonder if we''ll ever be blessed with live press conference''s on Canary player now we are in the premier league, probably not.

Yeah, it was only a press conference. Nothing said about who was coming, people just for some reason assume that Press Conference''s have to be for more than one player! Why I don''t know!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="CDMullins"]Who promised what?

Get a grip[/quote]Irony?Coppery?[/quote]

Explain.

[quote user="ryan1992"]

Holt      Jackson

Hoolahan

Crofts

Ruddy

[/quote]

You''d play a winger in the midfield 3? Madness!

We conceded regularly in the Championship with the diamond and now you''re wanting to play wingers in positions where defensive attributes and positioning in particular is vital?

I think it''s too early for choosing line-ups, but on signings I would go with:

Holt  Morison
Hoolahan 
Surman Crofts 
Fox
Tierney Whitbread Barnett Martin
Ruddy

Subs: Rudd, Ward, Fox, Lappin, McNamee, Vaughan, Jackson

I would include Bennett, Lansbury and perhaps Johnson if they sign, but until they do...