Sign in to follow this  
mikewalker

New kit

[quote user="mikewalker"]

Hummell. V neck, green sleeves with yellow chevrons, Fosters Lager.

1986-87 - Lovely stuff.

SORT IT MCNALLY

[/quote]

ia this a wild guess or what

I''d have to say that the only kit I find aesthetically pleasing is the 2010-2012 kit. The rest.....burn ''em.And what was going on in the early ''90s?  Horrendous design ideas...I''m having flash-backs! And to be honest, I think the kit took a little of the shine off of Jeremy Goss'' brilliant goal against Bayern. I''m sure people watch that clip and say, "wow, great goal; but what a hideous jersey!"And as for the kit designs between 1927 - 1947, I feel like I''m playing the game, "Which one of these is not like the others?" Great link. Thanks!

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="mikewalker"]

Hummell. V neck, green sleeves with yellow chevrons, Fosters Lager.

1986-87 - Lovely stuff.

SORT IT MCNALLY

[/quote]

ia this a wild guess or what

[/quote]

pm''d

[quote user="milehighcanary"]I''d have to say that the only kit I find aesthetically pleasing is the 2010-2012 kit. The rest.....burn ''em.

And what was going on in the early ''90s?  Horrendous design ideas...I''m having flash-backs! And to be honest, I think the kit took a little of the shine off of Jeremy Goss'' brilliant goal against Bayern. I''m sure people watch that clip and say, "wow, great goal; but what a hideous jersey!"

And as for the kit designs between 1927 - 1947, I feel like I''m playing the game, "Which one of these is not like the others?"

Great link. Thanks!

[/quote]

You are wrong, completely out of line. Our late 80''s early 90''s kits were pioneering efforts and the asics design really set the bar. You are being monumentally disrespectiful to Barry Ribero who poured his heart and soul into that classic, iconic design. Gossy himself loved it so much he commissioned John Lewis to print 800m2 of it onto their finest quality wallpaper stock (still a few rolls available if you ask under the counter, Gossy''s long since sold the house)

If this wasn''t an internet forum and we were discussing this in a pub you''d now be wearing a bar stool with pint glass trim, sponsors logo would be your own blood.

[quote user="mikewalker"]

[quote user="milehighcanary"]I''d have to say that the only kit I find aesthetically pleasing is the 2010-2012 kit. The rest.....burn ''em.And what was going on in the early ''90s?  Horrendous design ideas...I''m having flash-backs! And to be honest, I think the kit took a little of the shine off of Jeremy Goss'' brilliant goal against Bayern. I''m sure people watch that clip and say, "wow, great goal; but what a hideous jersey!"And as for the kit designs between 1927 - 1947, I feel like I''m playing the game, "Which one of these is not like the others?" Great link. Thanks!

[/quote]

You are wrong, completely out of line. Our late 80''s early 90''s kits were pioneering efforts and the asics design really set the bar. You are being monumentally disrespectiful to Barry Ribero who poured his heart and soul into that classic, iconic design. Gossy himself loved it so much he commissioned John Lewis to print 800m2 of it onto their finest quality wallpaper stock (still a few rolls available if you ask under the counter, Gossy''s long since sold the house)

If this wasn''t an internet forum and we were discussing this in a pub you''d now be wearing a bar stool with pint glass trim, sponsors logo would be your own blood.

[/quote]Hands down Mr. Walker, you''ve got skills. [;)]But I must ask, did you buy Gossy''s house so you and your buddies could get together and play the NCFC version of "where''s Waldo?" on that most beautiful of living room backdrops during the off season? Or do you sit and stare in vain at that mesmerizing pattern, seeking out Ribero''s subliminal Asics logos and ''magic eye'' messages?

Good stuff....