Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Should we take a chance on this player ?

To be fair to the kid there are some quality goals in there! I know it''s against lower level but let''s loan him out to a championship club where he will regularly start i.e Peterborough - Brighton - Palace and see how he does.

[quote user="paul moy"]

I''ll give you a clue.... he scored 10 goals with his head last season. [;)]

[/quote]

Look, if you are his Agent / Mother / Girlfriend then you are aiming your posts at the wrong audience. Perhaps you should post on a League 1 board because that''s where he is going to end up playing either before or after 31st August.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Look, if you are his Agent / Mother / Girlfriend then you are aiming your posts at the wrong audience. Perhaps you should post on a League 1 board because that''s where he is going to end up playing either before or after 31st August.

I disagree that he is on his way. I think we will give him a punt next year. See how he fares in the premier reserve league against better defenders.

The video is great but some of the marking and defending seen was shambolic. Will find it much tougher in the prem (obviously). But his eye for goal does look very very natural. And he is hitting his physical peak.

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I was his agent I''d be sending this video out to every Championship side, bearing in mind that Norwich don''t appear to want him. I''ve already recommended to a mate that his club Peterborough put in a bid.  At 500K he''s a steal as after next season he''ll be in demand as Champs top scorer IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I was his agent I''d be sending this video out to every Championship side, bearing in mind that Norwich don''t appear to want him. I''ve already recommended to a mate that his club Peterborough put in a bid.  At 500K he''s a steal as after next season he''ll be in demand as Champs top scorer IMO.

[/quote]

1.  How do you know that Norwich ''don''t want him''?  I haven''t seen anything to say he is not in our long term plans.

2.  Just how obsessed are you about Cody????? Do you have posters of him on your bedroom wall?

He definitely has the ability to score goals, no doubt about it. I reckon we will loan him out again if Lambert feels he isn''t ready, I can''t see him getting past Holt, Jackson, Morison and Vaughan to be in the 25 man squad though to be honest!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I disagree that he is on his way. I think we will give him a punt next year. See how he fares in the premier reserve league against better defenders.

The video is great but some of the marking and defending seen was shambolic. Will find it much tougher in the prem (obviously). But his eye for goal does look very very natural. And he is hitting his physical peak.[/quote]I agree he showed some good touches with the ball at his feet, and he does seem to be a "natural" goal poacher. But the headed goals, to be honest I don''t think any of those chances would have come his way against any decent Championship or Premier League defence. I''m afraid Premier League defenders don''t usually just stand around flat-footed like that - they are generally much more mobile, and crucially, top class defenders are able to keep their concentration for the full 90 minutes.Having said that, as a reserve/substitute player, even 4 or 5 Prem goals could make a difference, so he could be worth keeping.

I think it''s now or never time for Cody at Norwich. If Chrissy is to be the 5th Striker along with Holt, Jackson, Vaughan and Morison then I see no alternative but to sell him.

He has only 12 months left on his contract so if we sense him out on loan again he''s likely to leave for nothing next summer. I can''t see him wanting to sign a new contract either, he hardly featured during our season in League One, he was deemed not good enough for the Championship last year and was farmed out Gillingham for the season and in all likelihood if he''s not sold this summer he''ll spend the season in the reserves or be farmed out somewhere else. Why on earth would he sign up for more of the same?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I think it''s now or never time for Cody at Norwich. If Chrissy is to be the 5th Striker along with Holt, Jackson, Vaughan and Morison then I see no alternative but to sell him.

He has only 12 months left on his contract so if we sense him out on loan again he''s likely to leave for nothing next summer. I can''t see him wanting to sign a new contract either, he hardly featured during our season in League One, he was deemed not good enough for the Championship last year and was farmed out Gillingham for the season and in all likelihood if he''s not sold this summer he''ll spend the season in the reserves or be farmed out somewhere else. Why on earth would he sign up for more of the same?[/quote]Money? A chance to eventually play in the Prem.?