Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Future of Chris Martin, Oli Johnson and Cody McDonald

Martin will be kept, though might get loaned out now we also have Vaughan and Morison. Johnson will go as he was no more than a League 1 sub for us. Cody scored loads of goals for Gillingham this season but you have to remember that he was playing 4th tier football and we will be playing 1st tier football, so I can''t see him staying either. If Wilbraham doesn''t leave, then he''ll go out on loan.

Surely if Liverpool were to loan Pacheco out again it would be to a team where he was going to get some game time , Lambert hardly gave him much time on the pitch at Championship level and we have added two new strikers since then . If he is not going to play he might as well do that at Liverpool as at Norwich . As for Chris Martin , he''s been around this club for what seems like a lifetime without ever really reaching the heights people expected of him , his stand out season was in League 1 and that is probably his level.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]i really think martin wont be playing for us next season, after his court case he dident get a look in and i doubt he was injured i think PL doesnt want his sort in the dressing room!

i think he got in trouble one to many times for PL[/quote]Why do you doubt he was injured? Do you not believe what Paul Lambert say''s?If Paul Lambert didn''t want him around the dressing room do you honestly believe he would have had him travel to away games towards the end of last season even when he didn''t make it onto the bench?My opinion is Chris Martin still has a big future at the club, he''s only 22 and has plenty of potential to get better, he might not have been banging goals in for fun last season but not for the want of trying, but goal scoring isn''t the only side to his game, just look back at the highlights of last season and see the off ball running he does, look at the amount of inch perfect passes he made, look at the amount of balls he won and finally look at the amount of goals he set up.I''m not one who looks through yellow and green tinted glasses and thinks he is a world class player but he is a very good player and with the right direction (which he will get from Norwich City) he will get better and better.[/quote]

he wasent even on the bench for half the season even at the end

Pacheco would be fighting alongside Hoolahan for a starting place. Not as an out and out striker.

If hoops gets injured a key player would have left and Pacheco can fill that void and probably add a little more.

As we know same can be argued for Lansbury

I''d keep Holt, Martin, Vaughan, Jackson and Morison available for first team selection, send Cody out on a half season loan to a lower championship team with a 24 hour recall provision in the contract and offload all others as they realistically aren''t useful to us even in the Championship.

As for everyone who thinks Martin''s time is up, I think Lambert will stand by him as he did Jackson. Martin has suffered a dip in form followed by a lengthy absence through injury. This doesn''t mean he is now not good enough for us

My thoughts are that Martin and MacDonald will make the 25 man squad, Wilbraham might and Daley and Johnson definitely won''t.

The thing with the 25 man squad is that under 21s don''t need to be in it. For us this means Dawkin, Smith, Adeyemi, Ball, Francomb, Rudd and Steer with professional contracts.

I''d guess whether they are loaned out will depend on the cover ahead of them.

BTW who was the last academy product to reach 30 goals total for city (at all)? Bellemy?

A question for the people that say Cody deserves a chance?

Instead of who when there are 5, possibly 6, in front of him?

And is our return to the PL the right time to be giving somebody a chance?

[quote user="claud"]A question for the people that say Cody deserves a chance? Instead of who when there are 5, possibly 6, in front of him? And is our return to the PL the right time to be giving somebody a chance?[/quote]

Most players in the squad will be given a chance purely because most are as yet untried in the Premier League so it will be part of their natural development. Just because a player has cost 2 or 3 million from the Champs does not necessarily mean that another player that cost much less and came from a lower league may not fare better. Time will tell.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]i really think martin wont be playing for us next season, after his court case he dident get a look in and i doubt he was injured i think PL doesnt want his sort in the dressing room!

i think he got in trouble one to many times for PL[/quote]Why do you doubt he was injured? Do you not believe what Paul Lambert say''s?If Paul Lambert didn''t want him around the dressing room do you honestly believe he would have had him travel to away games towards the end of last season even when he didn''t make it onto the bench?My opinion is Chris Martin still has a big future at the club, he''s only 22 and has plenty of potential to get better, he might not have been banging goals in for fun last season but not for the want of trying, but goal scoring isn''t the only side to his game, just look back at the highlights of last season and see the off ball running he does, look at the amount of inch perfect passes he made, look at the amount of balls he won and finally look at the amount of goals he set up.I''m not one who looks through yellow and green tinted glasses and thinks he is a world class player but he is a very good player and with the right direction (which he will get from Norwich City) he will get better and better.[/quote]

he wasent even on the bench for half the season even at the end[/quote]Funny how some people don''t let the facts get in the way of their story, at the start of the season Chris Martin either started or came on as a sub for the first 31 games, he then missed 12 games and was back on the bench as an unused sub for the final 3 games.

As we all know Paul Lambert doesn''t like to change a winning team, with Sam Vokes and Danny Pacheco

brought in for cover and Simeon Jackson on fire when Chris Martin regained his fitness he couldn''t get back in the squad but was still traveling with them, as soon as Sam Vokes returned to Wolves he regained his place back on the bench.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]i really think martin wont be playing for us next season, after his court case he dident get a look in and i doubt he was injured i think PL doesnt want his sort in the dressing room!

he wasent even on the bench for half the season even at the end[/quote]Funny how some people don''t let the facts get in the way of their story, at the start of the season Chris Martin either started or came on as a sub for the first 31 games, he then missed 12 games and was back on the bench as an unused sub for the final 3 games.

As we all know Paul Lambert doesn''t like to change a winning team, with Sam Vokes and Danny Pacheco

brought in for cover and Simeon Jackson on fire when Chris Martin regained his fitness he couldn''t get back in the squad but was still traveling with them, as soon as Sam Vokes returned to Wolves he regained his place back on the bench.
[/quote]

ok yes sorry was on the bench for final three games but as u said u he couldent get in the squad and now we have an extra 2 strikers do u really think martin will get a look in, i personally dont even though i rate him as a player but like i said his personal life gets in the way of his talent, therfore why should we keep a player sitting on the bench or in the 25 man squd if there are other players ready to take a place infront of him..

[quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]i really think martin wont be playing for us next season, after his court case he dident get a look in and i doubt he was injured i think PL doesnt want his sort in the dressing room!

[/quote]

ok yes sorry was on the bench for final three games but as u said u he couldent get in the squad and now we have an extra 2 strikers do u really think martin will get a look in, i personally dont even though i rate him as a player but like i said his personal life gets in the way of his talent, therfore why should we keep a player sitting on the bench or in the 25 man squd if there are other players ready to take a place infront of him..[/quote]So when I blow your theories out of the water you change what you are saying, I don''t know why I bother, you''ve gone from "after his court case he dident get a look in and i doubt he was injured i think PL doesnt want his sort in the dressing room!

i think he got in trouble one to many times for PL"
which was basically a statement of how you believe Paul Lambert thinks to "he wasent even on the bench for half the season even at the end" which was proved wrong with cold hard facts and finished with "but like i said his personal life gets in the way of his talent,

therfore why should we keep a player sitting on the bench or in the 25

man squd if there are other players ready to take a place infront of

him."
he''s a good young player with potential to get even better, yes he''s done some daft things but if Paul Lambert didn''t want him around he wouldn''t have travelled with the squad to Watford etc

Chris Martin is a very good player and I think he will be kept.

A League 2 or even League 1 club are likely to take a gamble on McDonald after the season he just had so I think we should cash in.

Oli Johnson will either be sold or released, he has no future here.

Daley I think won''t be named in the 25 but maybe kept for the reserves and might be sent out on loan.

Wilbraham I doubt will make the 25 and I cant see anyone buying him or taking him on loan which could mean he ends up being a reserve player or possibly being released.

That leaves us with 5 strikers in the 25 (Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Morison and Martin).  2 remaining at the club but not in the 25 for reserves or to be sent on loan (Daley and Wilbraham - who may also be released).  2 to leave (McDonald and Johnson).

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]calm down, i wont bother any more then..

techy[/quote]I''m perfectly calm.

[quote user="Boyo"]

Chris Martin is a very good player and I think he will be kept.

A League 2 or even League 1 club are likely to take a gamble on McDonald after the season he just had so I think we should cash in.

Oli Johnson will either be sold or released, he has no future here.

Daley I think won''t be named in the 25 but maybe kept for the reserves and might be sent out on loan.

Wilbraham I doubt will make the 25 and I cant see anyone buying him or taking him on loan which could mean he ends up being a reserve player or possibly being released.

That leaves us with 5 strikers in the 25 (Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Morison and Martin).  2 remaining at the club but not in the 25 for reserves or to be sent on loan (Daley and Wilbraham - who may also be released).  2 to leave (McDonald and Johnson).

[/quote]

Some people on here. So McDonald would be a gamble for a League Two club?  Absolute ballocks!

I admire the genius insights of some people on this thread - Cody will definitely go but we should/will keep Wilbraham. Funking genius idea that is.

And how on this godly earth will that be of any benefit to us next season?

I think that it is about time that some people learnt that the game has moved on since 1985 or 86 when we had just one substitute on the bench.  It is now a squad game where 7 subs are named each game.  That means we need to be naming 18 quality players for each and every match next season if we really want to mix it with the Premiership teams.Throw a few injuries in to the mix, a few bad results here and there and it is quite easy to see how the  likes of Chris Martin could get another chance and grab it.  Unless of course you don''t believe he has the talent to play at this level?I think our first choice FIVE strikers could all possibly have the talent.I think it is obvious to anybody who has ever played at a reasonable standard, that the likes of Cody, Wilbraham, Oli Johnson et al don''t?

Did anyone else think martin looked a bit ''chunky'' warming up at the coventry game?

I think he has a future for sure, but wonder how long it will take him to get back up to proper match fitness, although with Lambert''s Germany training camps i''m sure that he will be the right place to do it

I would of thought though he wont be starting the first game of the season..