Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Elliot Bennett close to signing for us according to this:

Read it again CT.

And by that i don''t mean just another browse over the characters in the big and bold font.

[quote user="CT"]http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9065940.Poyet_stays_cool_as_Norwich_close_on_Bennett/[/quote]

Looks nailed on dosen''t it, might be the end of Snodgrass link aswell.as they are both wide players, or am I in the wrong game here?

Mr 4444 Pete_norw, I would imagine there is scope to get both Snodgrass and Bennett in, I would be over the moon with our current business if both signings were to come off.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="CT"]http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9065940.Poyet_stays_cool_as_Norwich_close_on_Bennett/[/quote]

Looks nailed on dosen''t it, might be the end of Snodgrass link aswell.as they are both wide players, or am I in the wrong game here?

[/quote]

Despite both playing on the wing, I believe Bennett to be a typical pacy winger and Snodgrass to lack pace but has lots of skill on the ball, he could also cover both the left and right wing aswell as possibly the Hoolahan role, so different types of players who would both be benificial to our squad

Reading through the comments, it does seem the Brighton fans are already resigned to losing Bennett. Quite excited by this signing if it pulls through. Young exciting winger! What great times these are.

[quote user="John"]Read it again CT.

And by that i don''t mean just another browse over the characters in the big and bold font.[/quote]Actually I''m with CT on this one. Poyet doesn''t utter anything even vaguely like a denial, which is almost unknown for a manager in this situation.I t occurs to me that perhaps Bennett was told he could go to us once Brighton were promoted? I seem to remember some speculation about this at the time of our original interest.

"they play different wings"

Despite Snodgrass being left footed, he actually plays most of his football on the right wing

"bennett plays left snodgrass plays right ................."

fair enough, always believed him to be a right winger

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Story was up early hours of the morning (if not earlier), you lot been asleep?[/quote]

Why did you not post it on here then...
[/quote]

Because someone else did...

In the Sun today.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3619525/Norwichs-15million-bid-for-Elliott-Bennett-has-been-accepted-by-Brighton.html

I nearly had a heart attack when I first saw that link Badger, it reads that we have bid £15m for him instead of the £1.5m that''s in the report.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]bennett plays left snodgrass plays right .................[/quote]To clarify the little disagreement between you and Alysha, I think that Birghton have played him down the left a lot recently but it appears that he is right footed and is known to play down both wings.I even found a song that a Brighton fan had created for him, that if he does sign for us I think we should have  a little tinker with it and make it in to one of our own.It went like this..."He plays on the left

He plays on the riiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhttt

That boy Elliot Bennett

Makes Ronaldo look SHITE!"

Looks like the fans on that website would be gutted to lose him and many rate him as their key player. Would love to get him in and if we got Snodgrass as well I''d be over the moon. Hopefully something happens this week along with news on the new kit

or an even better one (to the tune of hokey cokey)...

"Ooohh City''s Elliott Benett, City''s Elliott Bennet.

he puts a cross in here, a goal in there,

left wing, right wing he''s fucking everywhere...

He''ll go inside to the left, or outside to the right,

Running at defenders,

He makes them all look 5h1te...

Don''t let him get too close,

Because he''ll shoot on sight,

Thats what he''s all about...

Ooohh Elliott Benett

Ooohh Elliott Benett!"

According to North Stand Chat (Brighton Forum) they have seen an article regarding Elliott Bennett leaving and them signing Buckley from Watford which was published on their version of the pink''un i believe.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?202777-Bennett-OUT-Buckley-IN.

I think anyone worried/think that we won''t sign Bennet and Snodgrass.... We will need two wingers. There is not much point having just one. And Snodgrass can probably play in the Surman position as well.

Getting quite exiting all this transfer talk.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think anyone worried/think that we won''t sign Bennet and Snodgrass.... We will need two wingers. There is not much point having just one. And Snodgrass can probably play in the Surman position as well. Getting quite exiting all this transfer talk.[/quote]

agree, they are also different types of wingers, and aswell as Snodgrass being able to cover the left wing aswell, I''d argue he could also fill in for Hoolahan behind the front two if needed

YouTube: Elliot Bennett runs down the wing for me. by far the best chant for him

[quote user="youngcanary"]YouTube: Elliot Bennett runs down the wing for me. by far the best chant for him[/quote]

Love it!!! Can see that catching on at Carrow Rd next season.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="youngcanary"]YouTube: Elliot Bennett runs down the wing for me. by far the best chant for him[/quote]

Love it!!! Can see that catching on at Carrow Rd next season.

[/quote]Elliot Bennett, runs down the wing for me...Love that too!!!Easy to catch on, although it has been used for other players too like Maxi Rodriguez and Gary McSheffrey (apparently).