Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Favourite NCFC quotes?

My personal favourite and the moment I knew we where really doomed in that 08/09 season was from Geoffrey Watling on the appointment of Bryan Gunn as manager.

" Americas got a great new president and we''ve got a great new manager "

ncfc faithful and barclaystand. Bob the Grocer ISN''T Robert Chase!!

Bob the Grocer was Bob Cooper, the chairman/chief executive of Norwich City for about 2 years at the end of the 1990''s. Prior to this he had been Chief Executive at Sainsbury''s.

I''m not surprised people are having trouble remembering him - I met him a few times and I found him instantly forgettable!!

My favourite quote?

"If Chris Sutton isn''t at this club at the beginning of next season then I won''t be either." Robert Chase in summer 1994 or 1995.

We all know what happened next - don''t we Cluck?

''I must have missed your tenure as England manager'' - Glenn Roeder.

Someone in attendance may be able to share the story behind this quote?!

[quote user="Largey"]''I must have missed your tenure as England manager'' - Glenn Roeder. Someone in attendance may be able to share the story behind this quote?![/quote]

Wasn''t this aimed at Smudger??

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]ncfc faithful and barclaystand. Bob the Grocer ISN''T Robert Chase!!

Bob the Grocer was Bob Cooper, the chairman/chief executive of Norwich City for about 2 years at the end of the 1990''s. Prior to this he had been Chief Executive at Sainsbury''s.

I''m not surprised people are having trouble remembering him - I met him a few times and I found him instantly forgettable!![/quote]Thanks for that, forgot about him..... I stand corrected! [:)]

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]My personal favourite and the moment I knew we where really doomed in that 08/09 season was from Geoffrey Watling on the appointment of Bryan Gunn as manager.

" Americas got a great new president and we''ve got a great new manager "[/quote]I thought Geoffrey Watling passed away in 2004!

''You deserve the trophy for snide remarks''.

Gunny to Smudger at the fans forum the day after we were relegated to Division 1 at Charlton.

This one that I put on that other thread.

Justin Fashanu''s "I don''t think we ever got Muzinic, I reckon they sent his milkman!"

Mark Fotheringham after our first of a grand total of three away wins in 2008-09 (2-1 at Plymouth):"We are definitely

striving to be the perfect team in this league this season and to go

up... the fans should start believing as well because we have got the

players capable of doing it... we should be comfortable in a lot of the

matches with the team we''ve got."We could be kind and say he was two years too early...

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]My personal favourite and the moment I knew we where really doomed in that 08/09 season was from Geoffrey Watling on the appointment of Bryan Gunn as manager. " Americas got a great new president and we''ve got a great new manager "[/quote]

I take it that in 08/09 Geoffrey Watling was speaking from the grave!!

"I''ve apologized for that, and It''ll never happen again" Byran Gunn at the supporters forum talking about the performance at Charlton on the day we got relegated to League One,................................in our next competitive match we last 7-1 at home to Colchester!

''we were triffic today''

''what has happened in the x amount of months we''ve been here, I''d have never believed you.''

Paul Lambert, always uses these! Who can blame him really?

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]My favourite quote?

"If Chris Sutton isn''t at this club at the beginning of next season then I won''t be either." Robert Chase in summer 1994 or 1995.

We all know what happened next - don''t we Cluck?[/quote]Errrrrrrrrr... who brought him (along with other valuable assets) to the club as a youngster?I think we''re all entitled to sell what we''ve produced. That''s just standard business practice I''m afraid.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]My favourite quote? "If Chris Sutton isn''t at this club at the beginning of next season then I won''t be either." Robert Chase in summer 1994 or 1995. We all know what happened next - don''t we Cluck?[/quote]

Errrrrrrrrr... who brought him (along with other valuable assets) to the club as a youngster?

I think we''re all entitled to sell what we''ve produced. That''s just standard business practice I''m afraid.
[/quote]

Who was it said that?[:^)]

Looks like a Nora quote to me![|-)]

Surely a woman with nearly 50 years unbroken support can add something authentic to this thread.[:|]

After Sutton it went from bad to worse. Here''s what Dixie had to say : -

"We are a striker light following the sale of Mark Robins and youngsters Jamie Cureton and Ade Akinbiyi can''t be expected to shoulder the burden of a relegation fight on their own"

Nevermind guys, we''re all entitled to sell what we''ve produced. That''s Big Bob''s business practice I''m afraid [:|]