Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Favourite NCFC quotes?

After reading another post on here in which there have been a couple of cracking quotes from NCFC players/managers/board members, I was wondering what has been your favourite NCFC related quote?I would have to agree with another poster and go with the G. Watling quote about Ron Davies "If he fails his medical I will sack the doctor"................GO![:D]

My particular favourite is from Uncle Ken Brown. I think this came about during the games after our Milk Cup win when we lost our form and headed for relegation in 1985: "With our luck, one of my players must be bonking a witch."

"I''m absolutely clear in my mind with what players I want to continue to play a part here over the next few years. But I''m also aware that there will be a number of players that will

leave the club. We have to replace those with new players; new heroes." - Glenn Roeder.

"I placed the ball on the spot, Hooper thought I''d hit it my usual side, he thought wrong"- Dave Phillips describing his pen at Carrow Road vs Liverpool 1992/3Its not the quote so much, if you''ve seen the clip on the season review VHS, its the fact he speaks in EXACTLY the same know-it-all voice as the IT nerd in The Office (you know the one). Lovely arrogance.

"Cometh the hour... Cometh the man".......

"Knowwhatahmean" N. Worthington in EVERY press conference he ever did whilst with us.

"The lads were triffic" - Paul Lambert every saturday."The lads need a hand." - Paul Lambert every transfer window"I will never and dont want to play against Norwich" Darren HuckerbyI went to the races last week and bumped into Glen Roeder. My mates lined up a pic for me to which i said " you can fk off" he looked baffled and said "Why?" ..."Im a norwich fan and you got us relegated!"... Th eprat replied "You lot should have been down the yr before i joined!"What a cock!

[quote user="Grant Holts flip flop"]

"I''d play him if he had a broken leg"- Lambert on Grant Holt.

[/quote]

I thought it was " I''d **** him if he had a broken leg"-Kathy Blake on Grant Holt.

[quote user="AJ"]"Knowwhatahmean" N. Worthington in EVERY press conference he ever did whilst with us.[/quote]

"first class" N. Worthington in EVERY press conference he ever did whilst with us. II

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Grant Holts flip flop"]

"I''d play him if he had a broken leg"- Lambert on Grant Holt.

[/quote]

I thought it was " I''d **** him if he had a broken leg"-Kathy Blake on Grant Holt.

[/quote]

The two aren''t mutually exclusive [;)]

Back in the dark days when Bob the grocer was Chairman i remember a meeting in his office attended by myself,Roy Blower and Keith Spanton from NCISA when the unrest concerning the manager Bryan Hamilton was discussed  and Bob said " make no mistake Bryan will take this football club to better times".Three days later we lost 2-0 at Portsmouth and Hamilton departed.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]"The lads were triffic" - Paul Lambert every saturday."The lads need a hand." - Paul Lambert every transfer window"I will never and dont want to play against Norwich" Darren HuckerbyI went to the races last week and bumped into Glen Roeder. My mates lined up a pic for me to which i said " you can fk off" he looked baffled and said "Why?" ..."Im a norwich fan and you got us relegated!"... Th eprat replied "You lot should have been down the yr before i joined!"What a cock![/quote]Add to the Lambert quotes - "The lads have been brilliant for me since I got here..."and"It''s not about me, the two most important things for this club are the fan and the players..."Legend...every week without fail and regardless of the question asked.

"The ball came to me on the edge of the box, so I just ran in and hit it!"  WLY scoring against manyoo at old trafford

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]WLY = ?[/quote]Paul McVeighas in "We Love You Paul McVeigh"

Another Worthington one...

"I thought the lads showed passion and commitment for Norwich City Football Club"

He seemed to say this after every single game no matter how good or how bad we were!

Craig Fleming: YES!!!!! WE GOT HIM, WE''VE GOT ROY WALLER!!! so roy how do you feel at the moment?

Roy W: wonderful

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Back in the dark days when Bob the grocer was Chairman i remember a meeting in his office attended by myself,Roy Blower and Keith Spanton from NCISA when the unrest concerning the manager Bryan Hamilton was discussed  and Bob said " make no mistake Bryan will take this football club to better times".Three days later we lost 2-0 at Portsmouth and Hamilton departed.[/quote]Am i being thick but who is Bob The Grocer???

[quote user="barclaystand"]Bob the Grocer is Robert Chase.Or is it that Robert Chase is Bob the Grocer??? [;)][/quote]That''s what I thought.  However Robert Chase had long since left by the time Hamilton was boss.  In fact Hamilton was employed by Delia and MWJ.  Something tells me this story may be a little bit of a porky........