Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Reported Leon Osman bid

The thing is smudge... people just look on places like wikipedia and try to make out this is their own detailed football knowledge as if they were Alex Ferguson. Wikipedia often get players positions wrong because often they put the position they played before they moved and like Fellani they put midfield as that was what he was doing when he was younger. But he is developing and has come into a more advanced role.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]lappinitup your name should really be....needingtogrowup

[/quote]Thanks for that.........Wetter Wizard! [:|]

We will see, but I think that you overestimate the strength of the Premiership, as do most promoted sides.Lambert and McNally will have a confidence that they can far outp0erform simply staying up, although this will be kept quiet as it was last year as they will not want to build fans hopes up unessarily.Everton are not a great team and it says a lot about the supposed strength of the Premiership that the likes of you and Stoke City are finishing in the top ten.  I hold with what I say and think that we will challenge you very strongly and possibly finish above you come May.

No, he honestly hasn''t.He was brought over and played as an Attacking Midfielder to help settle him in, words straight from Moyes'' mouth. It''s much easier to play attacking midfield than defensive midfield; you need discipline and Fellaini didn''t have that in his first season as shown by his yellows and reds.Once he adjusted, he was moved back to where he prefers, his holding role in defensive midfield. Most Evertonians were concerned that they  were playing someone supposedly out of position, but Moyes'' reasoning come through and the fears were unfounded. He''s settled into English football, he''s become accustomed to the Engliush game and his cards have dropped, whilst an element of dirtiness perhaps remains.He is a holding midfielder and he won''t be playing any kind of advanced midfield role in the future, unless there is another injury crisis which necessitates pushing him upfield.

Fellaini is one of the finest defensive midfielders on the planet. Baines was also better than Ashley Cole last season. They would both walk into the Norwich team and be your best players, as would Osman. And Fellaini hasnt moved into a more advanced position recently at all. There are some absurd views on this forum.

[quote user="jonf"]Fellaini is one of the finest defensive midfielders on the planet. Baines was also better than Ashley Cole last season. They would both walk into the Norwich team and be your best players, as would Osman. And Fellaini hasnt moved into a more advanced position recently at all. There are some absurd views on this forum.[/quote]hahaha typical over estimation of how great they are by a Premiership side.  If Fellaini is so good then why is he playing for Everton?I wouldn''t have him in our side - Fox is a far better player for starters.As for Leighton Baines in the England squad... WHAT A JOKE!!!! [:D]

[quote user="jonf"]Fellaini is one of the finest defensive midfielders on the planet. Baines was also better than Ashley Cole last season. They would both walk into the Norwich team and be your best players, as would Osman. And Fellaini hasnt moved into a more advanced position recently at all. There are some absurd views on this forum.[/quote]

In all honesty, would struggle to fit in our midfield. Hoolahan, Crofts, Fox, Surrman >>>>>>>> Osman

Wouldn''t be surprised if bjg123 just made the truth hurts account to try and prove a point to me and smudge by getting backup... funny how a everton supporter was just by happens looking at this post as bjg123 was running out of a argument.

Oh sit down Smudger - 2 Everton fans come in and correct you and bitter wizard on Fellaini''s position, which is what I said, and you still find something to be absurd about.

Fellaini''s been linked with a host of top clubs. Everton paid top dollar to sign him and he''s only increased in value. Fox isn''t a better player - 1 good season in the championship doesn''t give you any basis to compare him to one of the league''s best players. I''m guessing you think Wes is better than Modric as well?

Everton are a top side. We won''t waltz into this league and finish above them. Look at how well Stoke have done since being promoted, and you''re suggesting we''re going to do significantly better than them? Don''t be so stupid. If we finish 11th-15th that''d represent a brilliant season. 17th would be a very good one.

Thats fair enough, but you''re simply refusing to give Everton any credit there by ridiculing their league placing, and comparing the team to Stoke (the official master of long balls and one of the lowest passing teams in the league) which is highly ignorant of you.By all means go into the season high on confidence and perhaps get a top place like Reading a few years back, but don''t display any unfounded cockyness. Very few promoted teams stay in this division long enough to reap the benefits and the ones that do tend to flirt regulary with relegation. Norwich will have to buck the trend to get a top 8 finish and go even further if they''re to stay in this league.

And yeah - I didn''t create that account. I wasn''t running out of an argument - Fellaini is a holding midfielder - if you''re confident I''m wrong post on an everton board asking where he plays.

This thread has become infamous at the Bluekipper Everton forum, hence the small invasion, i say infamous because they''re laughing at some of the ill-formed opinions in this thread. You''re lucky the forum isn''t invaded with insults and i''ve at least tried to be civil.

Youmay feel we are underestimating you but I feel you are underestimating us. Claims like Osman would be our best player would be absurd. Yes he is a good player but suprisingly clubs outside the Prem can have players the same level as him and I would much rather have Crofts any day, as you would rather have Osman. Basically no one can win. You may be mocking our opinions but you lot seem to be up yourselves, so each to their own.

I think the Osman thing can be put to bed very quickly

1. he''s worth more than that

2. Moyes loves him and would never sell him

3. He plays regularly for us

4. He loves the club

5. He won''t want to end up in the Championship

and as for the person who called Baines an average full-back, oh dear

[quote user="jonf"]Fellaini is one of the finest defensive midfielders on the planet. Baines was also better than Ashley Cole last season. They would both walk into the Norwich team and be your best players, as would Osman. And Fellaini hasnt moved into a more advanced position recently at all. There are some absurd views on this forum

In all honesty, would struggle to fit in our midfield. Hoolahan, Crofts, Fox, Surrman >>>>>>>> Osman

[/quote]Struggle? Thats suggesting that a good squad player with almost a decade of Premier League experience isn''t on the same level as the midfield of a newly promoted Championship team, most of whom have little or no experience of top-level football.Have you see much of Osman? Probably about as much as i''ve seen of your midfield to be honest, not a lot then!Wes Hoolahan is the same age roughly, same stature and has played half of his career to date in Ireland, wheres the basis to suggest he''s >>>>>>>> Osman? Because he''s got a 1/5 scoring record in League One and the Championship?You guys must be some of the most knowledgable and informed football fans in England :)

Wes is much better then Osman. Im sorry to burst your bubble. But i have already said we wouldnt want OSman and Osman wouldnt want to come here. Put it to bed.

[quote user="TruthHurts"][quote user="jonf"]Fellaini is one of the finest defensive midfielders on the planet. Baines was also better than Ashley Cole last season. They would both walk into the Norwich team and be your best players, as would Osman. And Fellaini hasnt moved into a more advanced position recently at all. There are some absurd views on this forum

[/quote]

Struggle? Thats suggesting that a good squad player with almost a decade of Premier League experience isn''t on the same level as the midfield of a newly promoted Championship team, most of whom have little or no experience of top-level football.

Have you see much of Osman? Probably about as much as i''ve seen of your midfield to be honest, not a lot then!

Wes Hoolahan is the same age roughly, same stature and has played half of his career to date in Ireland, wheres the basis to suggest he''s >>>>>>>> Osman? Because he''s got a 1/5 scoring record in League One and the Championship?

You guys must be some of the most knowledgable and informed football fans in England :)
[/quote]

Yes because goals are the only importance in midfield. If you read my other posts you would have seen that I am saying that Osman would not fit in our midfield and I would rather have our 4 midfielders than play Osman out of position as he''s not good enough to change our whole game to accomodate him (as some of your fans are saying. Oh and well done to fitting the stereotype that think they know about football as they can use wikipedia. Now kindly f*** off back to your board.

Osman would be a great signing but he''s never going to leave to join us while he''s first choice for Everton and especially now Pienaar has gone.  I also think that while I think David Fox is a class act, Fellaini is better than any of our midfield.  Witness Crofts''s display against England to see how much work he has to do.

Quite an interesting little exchange - Everton fans getting a bit miffed by our low opinions of their players - whatever next?

Personally I think Everton have over performed for a few years because Moyes is a great manager. If you look at their players individually they are not particularly good in comparison to others around their league positions.

The fact that Phil Neville is a cult hero for them is indicative of that. But to suggest that they are no better than us is just ridiculous. We will do well to survive, even with our new buys - they will comfortably be in the top half, even with players who are past their best.

Osman may well fancy a new challenge though.....!

[quote user="sgncfc"]Quite an interesting little exchange - Everton fans getting a bit miffed by our low opinions of their players - whatever next? Personally I think Everton have over performed for a few years because Moyes is a great manager. If you look at their players individually they are not particularly good in comparison to others around their league positions. The fact that Phil Neville is a cult hero for them is indicative of that. But to suggest that they are no better than us is just ridiculous. We will do well to survive, even with our new buys - they will comfortably be in the top half, even with players who are past their best. Osman may well fancy a new challenge though.....![/quote]

To be fair, the same could be said about us.

[quote]You may feel we are underestimating you but I feel you are underestimating us. Claims like Osman would be our best player would be absurd. Yes he is a good player but suprisingly clubs outside the Prem can have players the same level as him and I would much rather have Crofts any day, as you would rather have Osman. Basically no one can win. You may be mocking our opinions but you lot seem to be up yourselves, so each to their own.[/quote]Up ourselves because of the quite frankly ludricous and uninformed opinions shown in this thread to be honest!!In what way are we underestimating Norwich? I think you''ll finish in the bottom half of the table, thats the expectation from Championship teams if you ask most Premier League fans, someone else thinks you''ll finish in the top 8 and push Everton and Stoke and finish higher, a fantastic feat for a newly promoted team, thats a massive difference in opinion.In the past 6 seasons, only 2 promoted teams have finished in the top 10 in their first season that i remember; Birmingham and Reading. Birmingham by way of scoring just 38 in 38 but keeping it tight at the back and picking up 1-0 wins, unfortunately that didn''t help them this year and they went down, Reading by way of attacking football under Coppell and keeping a positive G.D, but conceding a bucket load the season after and going down. Even the 2 stronger teams Newcastle and WBA didn''t make the top 10 last season and they''ve been 2 of the stronger teams i''ve seen come up.Basically, you''ll have to do very well to make the top10, never mind overtake Everton into the top 8.

we''re gonna win the league. Or at least make it to Europe

I respect your opinion Truthhurts, but like the majority of our own fans on here I believe it to be wrong.  We will not struggle to simply survive this season and a lot of long term Prmeirship teams and their fans are in for a big shock if they think that Norwich are just there to simply survive or make up the numbers this time!As somebody said above Osman would struggle to fit in our midfield at the moment and I would much rather be spending big on the likes of Lewis McGugan, a young player with bags of ability and potential than the likes of Osman.  I think the best thing about your club in recent years, David Moyes would also rather be doing this to?  Perhaps that is why there maybe a hint of truth in any such rumour in you looking to offload Osman?  I should think that Moyes has been told that he needs to sell and raise money if he wants to buy and look at what he has done previously with the likes of Cahill, Jagielka and more recently Beckford before you start claiming that players need to have Premiership experience to be a succes there.Osman probably would get in our first 11 at the moment, but with at least 3 signings earmarked for the midfield this summer on top of what we already have here then I think there would be no guarantees that he would be a definite starter here if he was to make the move.  Just as Vaughan is not guaranteed a starting place here either!

[quote]Now kindly f*** off back to your board.[/quote]Gladly, hope you get chuffing tonked everywhere next season, you''ve surpassed even Newcastle fans dillusions of grandeur and arrogance, considering you were in League One the other year, you haven''t half got a chip on your shoulder for a club who should be looking at avoiding relegation and staying in the League to reap the financial rewards.Can''t wait for Stoke vs Norwich when they kick 7 lumps of shite out of you and your players will be wondering what they''ve walked into. Welcome to the Premier League.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Wes is much better then Osman. Im sorry to burst your bubble. But i have already said we wouldnt want OSman and Osman wouldnt want to come here. Put it to bed.[/quote]Exactly, if we are spending the kind of Money Everton fans think Osman is worth then we want somebody who has the ability to be better than Wes and is younger too and can play in more than one position.... ie: Lewis McGugan!

[quote user="TruthHurts"][quote]Now kindly f*** off back to your board.[/quote]Gladly, hope you get chuffing tonked everywhere next season, you''ve surpassed even Newcastle fans dillusions of grandeur and arrogance, considering you were in League One the other year, you haven''t half got a chip on your shoulder for a club who should be looking at avoiding relegation and staying in the League to reap the financial rewards.Can''t wait for Stoke vs Norwich when they kick 7 lumps of shite out of you and your players will be wondering what they''ve walked into. Welcome to the Premier League.

[/quote]I can''t wait to take 6 points off many supposed BIG CLUBS with distant memories of granduer, like your lot.Your arrogance is similar to that of Leeds Utd... maybe you should be in for Snodgrass?  I believe that he is overpriced too!!!A very average bunch of players with a decent manager... that''s why you are only able to string half a season of decent results together instead of a full season.See you at Goodison! [;)]

PS... Your neighbours are apparently interested in spending £8 million to £10 million on Connor Wickham, so maybe Osman is worth £6 million plus after all??? [:^)]

"Welcome to the Premier League".Cheers, glad to be here and here to stay, so it seems the truth does infact hurt, now run along before you make a tit of yourself by asking us to say hello to your mate stanley or some such nonsense.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I think the Osman thing can be put to bed very quickly

1. he''s worth more than that

2. Moyes loves him and would never sell him

3. He plays regularly for us

4. He loves the club

5. He won''t want to end up in the Championship

and as for the person who called Baines an average full-back, oh dear[/quote]HELLO Cameldung! [;)]How are our great rivals Col U doing these days???