Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Reported Leon Osman bid

Quite possibly nonsense but if you are interested...

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/06/norwich-in-laughable-osman-bid/?

Loved this comment coming from a guy who presumably lives in or around Liverpool:

"Plus I doubt he''d want to move to Norwich East Anglia is a shit hole isn''t it?"

Oh the irony.

Load of rubbish, we are going for whittingham, snodgrass, Bennett and Johnson for the mid. No Osman and we wouldnt get him anyway.

Everton fans can think what they like.Good player, but I would say that £3.5 million would be about the going rate for him.Personally can''t see where he would fit in to our team and think that we could buy better.  He could well end up no better than a squad player if he moved here.  I also expect us to be able to compete with the likes of Everton by the time the season kicks off.

Better Wizard - you may well be right about Osman, I have no idea.

It crossed my mind briefly that it may be a sign that the Snodgrass offer may have been more firmly rebuffed than we have thought?

[quote user="Smudger"]Everton fans can think what they like.Good player, but I would say that £3.5 million would be about the going rate for him.Personally can''t see where he would fit in to our team and think that we could buy better.  He could well end up no better than a squad player if he moved here.  I also expect us to be able to compete with the likes of Everton by the time the season kicks off.[/quote]

Can''t say I agree with any of this, Osman is a quality player with good prem experience. Not sure how long is left on his contract but I''d reckon him to be worth around £5-6 million. As for competing with Everton,either they''re are going to drop down the table like a sack of the brown stuff or we''re going to have an absolute stormer of a season to finish anywhere near them. Consistent finishes around the top 8 for several years seasons now, so even the most optimistic fans would have to disagree with you.

Not being funny but why the hell would osman want to come here? He is often in the picture for Everton. Always near the top end of the table. Secondly Lambert as we have all bveen saying wants hungry players. Osman is not what i consider a hungry player.

Don''t worry attitude. There won''t be no more of that grammar police rubbish here. We all make spelling a grammatical errors when we type. Usually due to laziness and the fact a message board is a place where you offer quick replies this will undoubtedly result in errors. I make them, most people do apart from TIlly. Which is surprising as coppers often get things wrong... he must be an exception.

[quote user="McNamees attitude"][quote user="Smudger"]Everton fans can think what they like.Good player, but I would say that £3.5 million would be about the going rate for him.Personally can''t see where he would fit in to our team and think that we could buy better.  He could well end up no better than a squad player if he moved here.  I also expect us to be able to compete with the likes of Everton by the time the season kicks off.[/quote]

Can''t say I agree with any of this, Osman is a quality player with good prem experience. Not sure how long is left on his contract but I''d reckon him to be worth around £5-6 million. As for competing with Everton,either they''re are going to drop down the table like a sack of the brown stuff or we''re going to have an absolute stormer of a season to finish anywhere near them. Consistent finishes around the top 8 for several years seasons now, so even the most optimistic fans would have to disagree with you.[/quote]Couldn''t give a monkeys what you think.  I''m confident of a top 10 finish easy and reckon we can push for top 6.  If you would pay £5 million to £6 million of our budget on a 30 year old that wouldn''t even definitely make our starting 11 then I am glad you aren''t Paul Lambert.Look at Everton player for player and I would say that unless they sign a few then they are quite likely to drop a few places this coming season.  They have a lot of players like Cahill, Distin, Saha, Neville who are clearly past their best and Beckford is now as good as anything else they have upfront (he has done pretty well for them to the surprise of many).  I think that they only have one stand-out player in Arteta.Moyes is a good manager though and he is the ace up Everton''s sleeve.  It seems like he may have realised that they could be moving backwards unless he offloads a few of the players he has on his books and reinvests in some younger talent and gambling on some of the cream from the Championship (as he has done in the past).

[quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]evertons best player along with baines and cahill, this is mental stop it now[/quote]I think that Arteta would have something to say about that???

Such rubbish Smudger.

One stand out player? Arteta''s not even their best. What about Fellaini and Baines? 2 of the best players in the league last season.

We won''t finish anywhere near them. Other than deficencies up top their a real quality Premier League team with one of the best managers out there. Lambert might be up their with Moyes but his squad isn''t.

[quote user="bjg123"]Such rubbish Smudger.

One stand out player? Arteta''s not even their best. What about Fellaini and Baines? 2 of the best players in the league last season.

We won''t finish anywhere near them. Other than deficencies up top their a real quality Premier League team with one of the best managers out there. Lambert might be up their with Moyes but his squad isn''t.[/quote]We will see, I think that we are more than a match for Everton at the moment and Baines is nothing but an average full back who has somehow found himself in the England squad.  Not difficult to see why England are incapabale of compteing really is it???I expect with the transfer activity that is going on here at the moment, that we will have a good go at mixing it with all but the very top teams in the Premiership this coming season.As for Fellaini, he is nothing but a Grant Holt or Steve Morison with fluffy hair.  Beckfor was Everton''s best striker for the amount of minutes he spent on the pitch last season to his goal ratio in return and Arteta is by far Everton''s best player, along with Cahill who I have always been a big fan of but who I consider to be beyond his best.

Smudger your last post i 100% agree with. No surprise how poor England are. Havent been anything since before 96. Over hyped average players. For christ sake Parker won the best player in the premiership last year. He getting relegated says it all. You would never have the best player in the spanish leagues getting relegated.

What are you on about? Why are you comparing Fellaini, a holding midfielder, to Holt, Morison and Beckford?

You haven''t watched Baines play - so I won''t bother arguing with you.

feallani is often played as a striker since his move to everton.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]feallani is often played as a striker since his move to everton.[/quote]Exactly!!!

smudger don''t rise to these morons. They pretend to know it all yet they don''t actually even know the basics of what goes on in football. Their views are as good as my mums who reckons beckham should still be playing for England as he''s better looking then the others.

No he isn''t.

He played there over 2 years ago because of an injury crisis. He isn''t a striker, he doesn''t play as a striker. He''s a defensive midfielder, he''s played there all season. He''s much, much better than anyone we have.

Been injured the majority of this season actually.

[quote user="Smudger"]We will see, I think that we are more than a match for Everton at the moment and Baines is nothing but an average full back who has somehow found himself in the England squad.  Not difficult to see why England are incapabale of compteing really is it???

I expect with the transfer activity that is going on here at the moment, that we will have a good go at mixing it with all but the very top teams in the Premiership this coming season.

As for Fellaini, he is nothing but a Grant Holt or Steve Morison with fluffy hair.  Beckfor was Everton''s best striker for the amount of minutes he spent on the pitch last season to his goal ratio in return and Arteta is by far Everton''s best player, along with Cahill who I have always been a big fan of but who I consider to be beyond his best.

[/quote]Smudger. Your detailed knowledge of every single footballer in the football league (and abroad for that matter) never ceases to amaze me. Add to that, your tactical nous and your eye for a bargain, I''m amazed Villa or Chelsea aren''t courting you. Just to think, If Lambert had taken your advice and sold Hoolahan and made MacNamee captain, Norwich City would probably have won the World Cup by now....

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Been injured the majority of this season actually.[/quote]haha - it''s similar to those who are banging on about McGugan not being able to play on the right wing when being compared with Snodgrass.  The fact that he has been playing there recently McKenna and Moussi have been playing centre midfield for Forest appears to be lost on some people.  He has also looked far better there than Snodgrass ever has and gave Tierney a realy difficult time when he played at Carrow Road recently.

lappinitup your name should really be....needingtogrowup

I don''t normally sign up for other forums just to question peoples

opinions, but yours is one of such an absurd nature that i can''t let it

go without reply.

How much have you seen of Everton? Given that they''ve been on TV a

handful of times live this season, i''d imagine less than 5 full 90min

matches? I''d imagine you watch MoTD?, which is less than a 5min

highlights real usually. By all means you can form an opinion based on

these very short viewings of Everton, but it appears you''ve formed an

opinion of such incomprehensible nature that it''s set off my nonsense

radar.

Now, i don''t wish to knock Norwich in anyway shape or form since there

will be posters in here who have a brain. I admire their football, i

admire Paul Lambert and i''m looking forward to the trip to East Anglia

next season, but to suggest that Norwich will finish

there-or-thereabouts with Everton might suggest 2 things to me: that

Everton have underperformed this coming season, or, Norwich have

overachieved.

Make no mistake, this is a tough league where determination, spirit and

work-man-like nature sees you through, the mental capacity to see the

season out is paramount, which is why Everton haven''t finished outside

the top 8 of the Premier League in 5 seasons and only finished outside

the top 8 once in 7 seasons. I admire your confidence in Norwichs

abilities for the forthcoming season, but it appears to be confidence

based on little. Last season was one of the toughest i can remember from

recent years where teams dropped points all over the league, so if you

expect Norwich to buck the trend of recent promoted teams and fly up the

League then i think you''ll be disappointed.

Now, onto the players. Fellaini was in outstanding form before he

injured his ankle, one of the finest midfield players i''ve seen at

Everton in a long time. He raises his game for the big occasions and

whilst he does have his flaws, his game is progressing and few Everton

fans will be surprised if he doesn''t move on to a regular Champions

League team before long. I''m afraid you''ll just have to accept my valid

and informed opinion of him; ie. someone who watches him every game he

plays in and not the MoTD highlights, afterall, i''d accept your opinion

of a Norwich player, since you''re better informed to form an opinion. For the record, he played as an attacking midfielder off the forward when he arrived in English football a few YEARS ago now, primarily to settle him into English football because i would summise it''s difficult to play a holding role in a better league with no experience. He has played up front on the RARE OCCASION since and by rare i mean less than 5 times, when we''ve had Strikers out and Cahill and Fellaini have played up top.

Tim Cahill is beyond his best now and he shouldn''t be guarenteed a place

in the 11 every week, but he''ll still be better than most

Forward/Attacking mids that Norwich have faced in recent years so you''ll

do well to be wary of him. Baines the average fullback is up there with

the most assists in the Premier League and most assists from a defender

in Europe, although hopefully Lambert is as ignorant as you and Baines

gets a few more against Norwich this season.All in all, it appears that your post count resembles quantity over quality.