Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Video - All of Cody McDonald's Gills Goals

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Gazza"]Thrilling......[/quote]

Glad you agree[Y]

[/quote]

yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn!, lets all get excited about a player that has NEVER been good enough to wear the green & yellow!

Cody McDonald & some peoples fixation bores the ass out of me......

Nope, never suggested that League Two is the same standard as the Premiership.

Some people have an deep inbred hatred for Cody which boils my pi55 and is something that doesn''t make sense. 

There are also some people on here who believe that Cody is barely good enough for League Two. Again something which the facts prove otherwise.

What league was Elliott Bennet playing in last season?

don''t really think some fans appreciate what some players do for the team, even players that don''t play, behind the scenes. Matt Gill is the perfect example.

That 2nd goal where he taps it past the defender, runs past and latches on to the ball to place a delightful chip over the keeper is quality. Give him a new contract and send him out on loan to the Champs next year Lambo [Y]

I rather enjoyed that. (apart from the music)What impressed me most was his heading ability. Perhaps a League 1 / Championship loan next year or maybe a wildcard on the bench.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]That 2nd goal where he taps it past the defender, runs past and latches on to the ball to place a delightful chip over the keeper is quality. Give him a new contract and send him out on loan to the Champs next year Lambo [Y]
[/quote]

That''s also one of my favourites. There''s a little touch of Messi there (or Wes v Ip5w1ch). He''s a strong finisher and reminds me of  a certain Michael Owen in his younger days.  Awaits abuse...... [:D]

Abuse

At least this thread confirms Broadslim and Paul Moy are not one of the same.... but they could have produced Cody :)

Sorry you two. I know you continually wax lyrical about

the lad and football is all about opinions etc etc but you both are going a little bt over the top about him.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Nope, never suggested that League Two is the same standard as the Premiership.

Some people have an deep inbred hatred for Cody which boils my pi55 and is something that doesn''t make sense. 

There are also some people on here who believe that Cody is barely good enough for League Two. Again something which the facts prove otherwise.

What league was Elliott Bennet playing in last season?

[/quote]

Well said NBS. I personally think he''s a natural goalscorer - Would be silly to say he definitely can''t do it at a higher level. Nobody knows yet!. Fair enough if he hasn''t impressed some but I do sometimes wonder why players get knocked in a slightly personal way on here. I think he does get some slightly harsh stick at times, sometimes you''d be forgiven for thinking he plays for the binners or something!.

I cant understand why some people slate Cody so much either - we didn''t really see enough of him at Norwich to pass judgement - players need a run in the team and strikers especially need the backing of the fans.  That''s what he had at Gillingham.  Holt and Morison both started in non-league and worked their way up and are now Prem players who will b efighting for a starting place next year. When they were Cody''s age they both had lower strike rates at the same or lower level to what he''s played this season.  He also has excellent pace which is a rare gift.  I know alot of people are bored of this debate and so am I but I just don''t get where the hatred comes from.  He''s obviously not the finished article by any means but I wouldn''t be surprised that if he is given the chance at Championship level to play every week he will score 15+ and will be eqivalent to Morsion this time next year, i.e attracting bids of £2m plus.  No wonder he didn''t want to come back - he''s prob read the comments on this forum.  I suspect a lot of the haters are the same whiney b*stards who hated it when Jackson came good cos they had written him off long before as someone who wasn''t ever going to be good enough and couldn''t face being proved wrong. My point is, the fans have a lot of influence on how a player performs and every player who is contracted should get the full backing of the fans. That can be hard I know when touches go astray and sitters are missed but whta causes that? lack of confidence, and what causes lack of confidence? fans moaning at players. Cureton when he returned was a classic example of what idiot Norwich fans can do to a player.

[quote user="oTbC"]I cant understand why some people slate Cody so much either - we didn''t really see enough of him at Norwich to pass judgement - players need a run in the team and strikers especially need the backing of the fans.  That''s what he had at Gillingham.  Holt and Morison both started in non-league and worked their way up and are now Prem players who will b efighting for a starting place next year. When they were Cody''s age they both had lower strike rates at the same or lower level to what he''s played this season.  He also has excellent pace which is a rare gift.  I know alot of people are bored of this debate and so am I but I just don''t get where the hatred comes from.  He''s obviously not the finished article by any means but I wouldn''t be surprised that if he is given the chance at Championship level to play every week he will score 15+ and will be eqivalent to Morsion this time next year, i.e attracting bids of £2m plus.  No wonder he didn''t want to come back - he''s prob read the comments on this forum.  I suspect a lot of the haters are the same whiney b*stards who hated it when Jackson came good cos they had written him off long before as someone who wasn''t ever going to be good enough and couldn''t face being proved wrong. My point is, the fans have a lot of influence on how a player performs and every player who is contracted should get the full backing of the fans. That can be hard I know when touches go astray and sitters are missed but whta causes that? lack of confidence, and what causes lack of confidence? fans moaning at players. Cureton when he returned was a classic example of what idiot Norwich fans can do to a player.[/quote]

That is a brilliant post, exactly how I feel anyway. It''s been done to death but those that choose to boo etc one of our own, I cannot fathom how they think they''ll see him come good? Paul Lambert has said repeatedly what you, I and hopefully many others on here feel - Supporters make all the difference to player/team performance. If anyone disagrees with that, then I think they''re very much mistaken. Anyway, whatever happens with Cody this summer, I wish the lad all the best in the future - I''m sure in coming years he''ll blossom at a higher level.