Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

2 down, 5 to go?

If Lambert is to be believed (and lets face it we have no reason to distrust him) we were after 7 players at the start of the transfer window.So far we''ve obviously signed 2 strikers - J.V and S.M so that leaves us with 5 more for Lamberts aims to be achieved.What positions do we feel need to be improved?For me: Snodgrass, Bennett, FF, a new right back, a new center half and Bradley Johnson will be on Lamberts wishlist.As an aside do people think that signing Snodgrass will mean we dont go after E.B?OTBC

If reports are to be believed than we had already agreed a fee with Brighton for Bennet, whilst at the same time we submitted a second for bid for Snodgrass, which suggests he wants both. They also appear to be different types of players, so it would make sense if Lambert was after both

It seems that Bennett is a real possibility - Poyet did not deny reports that the two clubs have agreed a fee.

In the case of Johnson no fee is involved, of course, but while several Leeds supporters are assuming that he will be at CR next season, we did have a rival suitor in Sunderland.

I admire McNally''s skills, but if Leeds hold out for £5m for Snodgrass, would we pay that much?

Morison seems a certainty, Bennett seems highly likely, and Johnson possible.

It seems to be 3 decided and 4 to go. If johnson comes then 4 and 3, and if Sodgrass then 5 and 2.

I am surprised that although Johnson can apparently play at LB, none of the actual or potential signings are defenders. As yet there is no cover at RB. We need at least two defenders, and, in some people''s view, a keeper.

I''d happily pick up Bennett and Snodgrass, one for either wing. McNamee would undoubtedly be let go

[quote user="Salopian"]It seems that Bennett is a real possibility - Poyet did not deny reports that the two clubs have agreed a fee. In the case of Johnson no fee is involved, of course, but while several Leeds supporters are assuming that he will be at CR next season, we did have a rival suitor in Sunderland. I admire McNally''s skills, but if Leeds hold out for £5m for Snodgrass, would we pay that much? Morison seems a certainty, Bennett seems highly likely, and Johnson possible. It seems to be 3 decided and 4 to go. If johnson comes then 4 and 3, and if Sodgrass then 5 and 2. I am surprised that although Johnson can apparently play at LB, none of the actual or potential signings are defenders. As yet there is no cover at RB. We need at least two defenders, and, in some people''s view, a keeper.[/quote]

The sun say we have agreed a 3 year deal with Johnson and he is set to sign, but Snodgrass is not a £5.MIL player thier are better out there for less

Well it looks like the forward line is fixed.

Snodgrass wont happen. Lambert wont pay over the odds. Not £5m. Elliot Bennett is just as good and half the price. I think Lamert will go after him at some point.

Johnson would be a steal on a free.

I think we need a right back opposed to a left back. would like to see us splash the cash on Bertrand. £4 perhaps? Or Gavin Hoyte from Arsenal.

Get perhaps Chris Smalling on a season loan loan as a first choice CB? Dont see why not.

Lansbury on another loan to offer more options in midfield.

And finally more big cash on another wide player.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Snodgrass wont happen. Lambert wont pay over the odds. Not £5m. Elliot Bennett is just as good and half the price. I think Lamert will go after him at some point.

I think we need a right back opposed to a left back. would like to see us splash the cash on Bertrand. £4 perhaps? Or Gavin Hoyte from Arsenal.

Get perhaps Chris Smalling on a season loan loan as a first choice CB? Dont see why not.

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure Bertrand is a left back. Also I know we all think McNally is good at negotiating, but even he would struggle at getting Bertrand for £4...

Snodgrass wont happen. Lambert wont pay over the odds. Not £5m.

[/quote]

To be honest I would have agreed with that post but now that we''ve persisted with Morison and E. Bennett by all accounts and have been successful I think that we''ve got more ''staying power''- it''ll happen.... but for just over 4 million if you ask me [:)]

Here''s a thought - Korey for RB cover. I think he''s got the quality & character to make the grade, just needs his confidence building a touch.That frees up a space. Would love to see both Snoddie & Bennett here - different sorts of players, increasing our options. Snodgrass is one very classy player. CB, goalie & Angela/Danni on loan & I''d be a happy bunny.

bennett leftsnodgrass left or right prefer rightBradley johnson left back left mid or centre seems we getting our forwards and midfield done now suppose we will get a rb cover cb cover/experience and cover goaly

I make it as these guys for the 25 man squad:

Ruddy / ?

R.Martin/?

Barnett/?

Whitbread/Ward

Tierney/Drury

Crofts/Snodgrass

Fox/?

Surman/Lappin

Hoolahan/Bennett

Holt/Morrison/Wilbraham

Jackson/Vaughan/MacDonald/C.Martin

With Rudd/Steer/Francomb/Ball/K.Smith/Adeyemi/Dawkin as the under 21s

And Hughes/Tudur Jones/S.Smith/Johnson/Daley/MacNamee not making it.

So that leaves: DCM, CB, RB and GK. Of those I think RB and CB could well be combined.

Of course the 7 players in may be a smoke screen - 7 could well be the number going into the 25man squad, which wouldn''t include the likes of Lansbury or Pacheco.

[quote user="alysha"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure Bertrand is a left back. Also I know we all think McNally is good at negotiating, but even he would struggle at getting Bertrand for £4...

[/quote]

He is a left back. Got my left backs and right backs back to front [*-)]

I think the number that Sir Lambert indicated was just a, er, ball park figure to be honest - might be 7, might be 17. I really hope we retain McNamee though - From what I''ve seen of him, there is some definite quality there.

[/quote]

i have read some crap on this site in the last few days but this idiot takes the biscuit.

Chris smalling will be 3rd choice CB for scum next year and will go on loan to no one.

"Johnson would be a steal on a free"

Explain how you steal something thats free??????

How often have you lot watched bradley??????

in the last two seasons i have watched him play over 40 games in various positions.

He is an energetic player but lacks a brain. passing is not his strong point and often puts the team in trouble with missed placed passes in dangerous areas.

wins his fair share of headers but his shooting is woeful. averages about 1 in 20 on target(sit in the lower barclay and you should be safe).

We would not pay him what he wanted as we did not believe he was worth it. good luck.

snoddy is a good player who lacks pace.

his energy levels are suspect and in the last 2 seasons has played well till xmas then has disappeared in 90% of the games after the new year. rumours that drink is a problem and likes a bet. the drinking could explain the massive losses in form.

looking at your signings so far it seems that lambert is building a good team for the championship in 2012

2 strikers(morison & vaughan) who are just about championship level.

bennet who has played only league 1 football

if you are signing snoddy and BJ you are signing two midfielders who failed to get us in the play-offs last year. Gradel and Howson are our best midfielders.

those players do not say to me we are building to stay in the premiership but we will be ready for the championship.

if you give us £5m for snoddy then i will drive him to colney for you.

£5m for snoddy and keep gradel looks good to me.

well good luck and if anyone will give me evens to a couple of grand instead of the bookies measly 4/6 on norwich being relegated i would be grateful.

[quote user="norwichwhite"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

i have read some crap on this site in the last few days but this idiot takes the biscuit.

Chris smalling will be 3rd choice CB for scum next year and will go on loan to no one.

"Johnson would be a steal on a free"

Explain how you steal something thats free??????

How often have you lot watched bradley??????

in the last two seasons i have watched him play over 40 games in various positions.

He is an energetic player but lacks a brain. passing is not his strong point and often puts the team in trouble with missed placed passes in dangerous areas.

wins his fair share of headers but his shooting is woeful. averages about 1 in 20 on target(sit in the lower barclay and you should be safe).

We would not pay him what he wanted as we did not believe he was worth it. good luck.

snoddy is a good player who lacks pace.

his energy levels are suspect and in the last 2 seasons has played well till xmas then has disappeared in 90% of the games after the new year. rumours that drink is a problem and likes a bet. the drinking could explain the massive losses in form.

looking at your signings so far it seems that lambert is building a good team for the championship in 2012

2 strikers(morison & vaughan) who are just about championship level.

bennet who has played only league 1 football

if you are signing snoddy and BJ you are signing two midfielders who failed to get us in the play-offs last year. Gradel and Howson are our best midfielders.

those players do not say to me we are building to stay in the premiership but we will be ready for the championship.

if you give us £5m for snoddy then i will drive him to colney for you.

£5m for snoddy and keep gradel looks good to me.

well good luck and if anyone will give me evens to a couple of grand instead of the bookies measly 4/6 on norwich being relegated i would be grateful.[/quote]Enjoy playing Peterborough next season.

I will.

peterborough still has a standing terrace and will have a better atmosphere than old trafford and highbury where we have been to in the last two seasons nothing but money pits.

look forward to your premiership days at bolton, blackburn, fulham, wigan Qpr and west brom happy clappy clubs with happy clappy fans.

you can all discuss the music they play to celebrate your scoring of a goal.

the only teams i would look forward to are spurs, barcodes and stoke. proper grounds with a proper atmosphere. not a sanitised american theme park with middle class wannabees.

we have great away days to come @ cardiff, millwall, west ham, birmingham, portsmouth and boro

[quote user="norwichwhite"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote] i have read some crap on this site in the last few days but this idiot takes the biscuit. Chris smalling will be 3rd choice CB for scum next year and will go on loan to no one. "Johnson would be a steal on a free" Explain how you steal something thats free?????? How often have you lot watched bradley?????? in the last two seasons i have watched him play over 40 games in various positions. He is an energetic player but lacks a brain. passing is not his strong point and often puts the team in trouble with missed placed passes in dangerous areas. wins his fair share of headers but his shooting is woeful. averages about 1 in 20 on target(sit in the lower barclay and you should be safe). We would not pay him what he wanted as we did not believe he was worth it. good luck. snoddy is a good player who lacks pace. his energy levels are suspect and in the last 2 seasons has played well till xmas then has disappeared in 90% of the games after the new year. rumours that drink is a problem and likes a bet. the drinking could explain the massive losses in form. looking at your signings so far it seems that lambert is building a good team for the championship in 2012 2 strikers(morison & vaughan) who are just about championship level. bennet who has played only league 1 football if you are signing snoddy and BJ you are signing two midfielders who failed to get us in the play-offs last year. Gradel and Howson are our best midfielders. those players do not say to me we are building to stay in the premiership but we will be ready for the championship. if you give us £5m for snoddy then i will drive him to colney for you. £5m for snoddy and keep gradel looks good to me. well good luck and if anyone will give me evens to a couple of grand instead of the bookies measly 4/6 on norwich being relegated i would be grateful.[/quote]

Maybe this is where the clubs differ. We believe football to be a team game, whereas you seem to think that a Premiership club signing two players from a club which didn''t make the play offs is bad business because them two players failed to take their team into the play-offs; how is this personally their fault and why does it suggest that they shouldn''t move up a league?

[quote user="norwichwhite"]I will. peterborough still has a standing terrace and will have a better atmosphere than old trafford and highbury where we have been to in the last two seasons nothing but money pits. look forward to your premiership days at bolton, blackburn, fulham, wigan Qpr and west brom happy clappy clubs with happy clappy fans. you can all discuss the music they play to celebrate your scoring of a goal. the only teams i would look forward to are spurs, barcodes and stoke. proper grounds with a proper atmosphere. not a sanitised american theme park with middle class wannabees. we have great away days to come @ cardiff, millwall, west ham, birmingham, portsmouth and boro[/quote]

Pathetic. You are subhuman Leeds scum - without doubt the stupidist and crudest fans in the country. I know I used to steward and work the turnstiles at Elland Road and it amazed me everytime how truly stupid Leeds fans are. I used to eject your fans, absolutley loved it. I used to cheer the visitors in the family stand. I could because the upper tier was ALWAYS deserted because you cant fill your stadium.

Cardiff and Millwall great away days? Hmmm, I wonder what that makes Man Utd, Chealsea, Liverpool and Arsenal? You idiot.

And if Johnson is so rubbish why did your pathetic club offer him a new contract? A contract he turned down because he realised he was playing for a hopeless club with zero chance of returning to the PL because they have a manger who bottles it when the preassure is on, and always will. You need to off load Grayson if you want to get back in the prem. I suggest Glen Roeder as the replacement.

And Chris smalling 3rd choice CB? Ahead of Oshea and Evens? Really? [8-)] I feel for you. 

[quote user="norwichwhite"]I will. peterborough still has a standing terrace and will have a better atmosphere than old trafford and highbury[/quote]

I think you will find that standing terrace is currently being developed into a seated stand and who plays at Highbury? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Guy Moussi or someone like him thats a big strong defensive midfielder thats gonna take nothing. Fox plays at the base of the diamond but he''s not a Anchor man he''s a deep lying playmaker. (FM knowledge) We need someone a little less offensive.

[quote user="norwichwhite"]I will. peterborough still has a standing terrace and will have a better atmosphere than old trafford and highbury where we have been to in the last two seasons nothing but money pits. look forward to your premiership days at bolton, blackburn, fulham, wigan Qpr and west brom happy clappy clubs with happy clappy fans. you can all discuss the music they play to celebrate your scoring of a goal. the only teams i would look forward to are spurs, barcodes and stoke. proper grounds with a proper atmosphere. not a sanitised american theme park with middle class wannabees. we have great away days to come @ cardiff, millwall, west ham, birmingham, portsmouth and boro[/quote]

Pathetic. You are subhuman Leeds scum - without doubt the stupidist and crudest fans in the country. I know I used to steward and work the turnstiles at Elland Road and it amazed me everytime how truly stupid Leeds fans are. I used to eject your fans, absolutley loved it. I used to cheer the visitors in the family stand. I could because the upper tier was ALWAYS deserted because you cant fill your stadium.

Cardiff and Millwall great away days? Hmmm, I wonder what that makes Man Utd, Chealsea, Liverpool and Arsenal? You idiot.

And if Johnson is so rubbish why did your pathetic club offer him a new contract? A contract he turned down because he realised he was playing for a hopeless club with zero chance of returning to the PL because they have a manger who bottles it when the preassure is on, and always will. You need to off load Grayson if you want to get back in the prem. I suggest Glen Roeder as the replacement.

And Chris smalling 3rd choice CB? Ahead of Oshea and Evens? Really? [8-)] I feel for you. 

[/quote]

visiting fans have either had the southstand corner or the southstand never the family stand...... dickhead.

the upper tier at elland road is closed due to the fact that bates gets a discount off the council tax.

we have had higher aggregate attendances than you for the last two seasons...... fact

we are the best away supported club outside the premiership.......... fact

14 clubs had their best attendance against us and we took 73k fans away last season and sold our full allocation against all but 2 clubs.

took over 5k to coventry, reading, barnsley and 9k to arsenal.

was at old trafford when we beat the 1-0 in the cup last season was also at the emirates when we got a 1-1 draw. both stadiums have a shiite atmosphere. we had more fun at yeovil and wallsall.

bradley was offered what we thought he was worth and he thought he was worth more..... he has openly stated he loves it at leeds and did not want to go anywhere else. we will not meet his estimation of what he thinks he''s worth.

some small club will pay him more than he is worth because they will struggle to get any players of real class.

i will come back and remind you on the smalling subject at the end of the season when he has started 15 games for scum because rio has been unable to play because of his back injury and o''shea is playing at another club.

look forward to meeting you again in the championship in 2012.

small club with small minded racist fans.

on the ball city oh we have scored a goal.....so lets play music because our fans don''t sing

[quote user="norwichwhite"] ...look forward to meeting you again in the championship in 2012 ...[/quote]We won''t anyway. But it''s good to see you''re resigned to yet another year in the Chanpionship." Ee up grandad, what do ''WACCOE''  mean?"" (Pause) dost tha know, it were so long since, I can''t rightly think ..."

[quote user="CT"]If Lambert is to be believed (and lets face it we have no reason to distrust him) [/quote]strange thing to write.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="norwichwhite"] ...look forward to meeting you again in the championship in 2012 ...[/quote]We won''t anyway. But it''s good to see you''re resigned to yet another year in the Chanpionship." Ee up grandad, what do ''WACCOE''  mean?"" (Pause) dost tha know, it were so long since, I can''t rightly think ..."[/quote]We All Constantly Cry Over Everything?We''re A Crap Corner Of England?

norwichwhite... are you a little bit jealous?

Old Trafford and The Emirates may have bad atmospheres but if you are saying you would rather go to Yeovil than Arsenal for a league match then you are lying.  Your basically saying you don''t want to play top flight football which is also a lie because who doesn''t want to play top flight football unless you are an idiot!?

I will enjoy watching Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and co at Carrow Road whilst at Elland Road I hope you enjoy watching great players such as Jason Scotland and Tamas Priskin.

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE SAY WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!