Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Full support to Adam Drury!

Hello Adam, I know you watched this board. It would a little bit disappointed about you lost the captaincy, but I am still have full support to you, hope you can work hard and get back to the first 11!

I read about this season''s programme before, about you had played in midfield for the POSH and perhaps in current''s injury situation, you can do it for us again!

Good Luck! Please said Hi for me to Gary Holt!

XXL16

I think Drury has been hard done by - he was exposed in many of his poorer games with a lack of midfield cover in a position where it is the partnership with the player in front of you that makes a big difference.

Since Charlie has been there he does not look half the player he was in the middle - a co-incidence? Against Liverpool and the hammers Charlie was no better than Drury.

Has Juke Box caught the Paul McVeigh Blame-itis bug?

OTBC

Actually, I''d be good to see him play in midfield, Drury IMHO is ace, and we have no cleaner tackler.

Considering the current situation were we have no partner for Damo, and we need someone in midfield to break down the opposition, playing Drury there might just be the ticket!

I remember some of his runs from defence last season and he looked good. If everyone thinks that Jukebox could do a job in midfield how about....

...................Greeno

Eddie.......Flem......Doc ......Charlton

Jonnson ...Francis..Mullers.....Jukebox

.................................Hux

.................Deano

[quote]I remember some of his runs from defence last season and he looked good. If everyone thinks that Jukebox could do a job in midfield how about.... ...................Greeno Eddie.......Flem......Doc ...[/quote]

Actually I was thinking of him playing central, with Hux on the left. We need someone to break up the other team in the centre of the pitch, which I don''t think Mullers and Damo have been doing.

The current injury crisis just underlines how important it is to have all positions coverered.

To have Drury, Charlton and Brennan covering that area is great. Charlton can also shadow central defence.

Don''t see Drury personally as a midfielder, but nothing like competition and the removal of the captaincy responsibility to help him focus on winning back his position.

Makes us a stronger team.

[quote]Good thought about Jukebox in midfield XXL16, maybe instead of Brennan.[/quote]

I recall when I read this season''s programme about Drury''s interview, he said he began his career with the Posh by played in midfield! So he was one of the healthy member in the squad, so why not give him a try? He can tackle well!!!!